Stupid Lady

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
mahaihai
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

GRR

Post by mahaihai » Fri May 23, 2003 10:24 pm

Okay fine but don't think this will go unnoticed i will see you again here soon in that ugly burger king costume we wear...but i promise i will direct guest complaints to you at Ofoto.com

Guests are a lot like children, either they never listen or they think you are lying even when your not!!

tabacco
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by tabacco » Sat May 24, 2003 3:04 am

Well, they ARE owned by a Disneyland sponsor ;)

(Kodak)

IndyBob
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Location: Former Attractions East & West: Indy, Mansion, Splash and my fav SPACE!!; and again Mansion &

Post by IndyBob » Wed Jun 11, 2003 4:09 pm

I was working Marque at indy one day, back before it was changed to the crap it is today, and this girl came up and asked me what the wait time was, as i looked at the wait time indicator just 2 feet to my left, and told her about 60 minutes. She started to complain and gripe so I told her its only an hour and she relpyed OK thats much better. What the hell is wrong with these people. :?: Im glad i left, but i really miss the stupidity and entertainment like that. Maybe I will go back someday.

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:47 pm

Reminds me of a certain guest control lead over at Splash who used to make the wait time read "2 hrs. 30 minutes" for the line when the ride was new just to scare people away. Of course, then if you were at end of line, some jerk would have to come by and say "the wait was only 45 minutes!" in a really nasty tone of voice. Eh, who cares - they were the ones stupid enough to get into the big ol' line in the first place...

Excalibur
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Location: DL ODV, One false move from slapping the next stupid guest.

Post by Excalibur » Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:29 am

I love how people can claim to see things or have been places that dont exist like this mythical shop in downtown, btw that created an entertaining visual inmy head of a monorail haulin down the 5 freeway... anyway... its like people who can swear to you they bought dippin dots (rat terds) from YOU on this EXACT wagon and it was YESTERDAY.... nevermind you were off yesterday they somehow bought it from you anyway.

Its a shame I'm going to have to destroy you...

Dante101
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Dante101 » Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:30 am

I had an older guest (65 or so) ask me one day when they took out the Main Gate station for the monorail. I politely told him that it never stopped at the Main Gate. He insisted that it used to stop at the Main Gate. "Perhaps you're thinking of the monorails at Walt Disney World in Florida - they stop at the Park's Main Entrance."

"No, I'm not thinking of Walt Disney World, these monorails used to stop at the Main Gate."

Realizing where this was heading, I simply replied, "Oh."

He walked away muttering, "It was before your time..."

Fritter
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Fritter » Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:31 pm

stupid people!

Dippin' dots...gosh I get asked for that every once in a while.

As for more randomness, someone told me they were working down at the beginning at Main Street and a guest pointed down Main Street and asked where it lead to. He said "ummmm, the park." It would have been nice to say, "Oh, that leads nowhere, but if you turn around and go through the turnstiles again, you'll get somewhere good." :twisted:

*standing at the cotton candy cart in front of the castle*
Guest: One hot dog please.
Me: "........."

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Fri Jul 18, 2003 1:52 pm

Excalibur wrote:I love how people can claim to see things or have been places that dont exist like this mythical shop in downtown, btw that created an entertaining visual inmy head of a monorail haulin down the 5 freeway...

Well, someone just may have seen a monorail going down the freeway. :shock: I don't think they still use it, but once we got the new Monorails, they took the original red front cab built by Alweg, and put it on what must have been a bus chassis, then used it sort of like a glorified Winnegego for publicity tours. Mickey used to appear with the thing - think it was called the Mouse-o-rail or something to that effect. It has been awhile. It was featured more than once in the old Disneyland Line and in the newspaper.

Excalibur
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Location: DL ODV, One false move from slapping the next stupid guest.

Post by Excalibur » Sat Jul 19, 2003 3:15 am

Yea older guests can bug me too, they think because theya re old they know EVERYTHING, which is bs, I hate hearing it was before your time because I remember all that shit from when I was a little kid like the power boat ride in the lagoon behind the hot dog wagon in small world or my parents have told me about all the stuff they went on as kids so dont assume because I'm younger that I dont know, tch I work here I know more than 99% of all guests know about park ops and things that either were or never were and they imagine it. That old fart was just probably remembering how the monorail went over the ticket booths like it still does but it was probably more obvious with the parking lot where it used to be. Alot of people think its all one park or they dont even realize that theres actually awhole different park on the other end of the foyer. To which I think..... how did you not see the 10 foot tall letters spelling California?!?!?!?! Once again people that swear things existed that never did.

Its a shame I'm going to have to destroy you...

Guest Relations King
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Guest Relations King » Sat Jul 19, 2003 7:37 am

Guest: "I wanted to go to Disneyland, but I came in this park by
accident, how do I get there?"

Reply: Big damn sign out in front threw you off huh? Hmm, since you are
obviously without sight, go out the gates and make a right, keep
walking until you hear traffic, and then run as fast as you can
towards the sounds. Have a nice day!

- GRK

My buddy left his job at Universal and fled in exile as a neanderthal to live in the Cayman Islands....He's cut himself off from all technology. He sends his stories in Aramaic on crayon written 3x5 cards sent by pigeon.