Happy 50th Disneyland

This is the place to find the latest news and announcements concerning StupidGuestTricks.com Note: You may reply to any topic in this forum but you may not post new topics.
Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Happy 50th Disneyland

Post by Stduck » Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:32 am

Wow things sure have changed in 50 years. I wonder what Walt would say if he saw the park today.

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:12 pm

Walt was such a wonderful man - despite the bigger and (theoritically) better versions elsewhere - Disneyland was his crowning achievement. One of my favorite things to do while a CM was to talk with the old timers who knew and worked under Walt, and have them tell stories of what he was like. We have missed so much being able to work with him ourselves - I got the impression that he respected and cheered for the average CM out there taking care of his guests on a daily basis, and he did everything he could to encourage them to grow and stay happy in the employ of his company.

His spirit is still inside Disneyland - the Fire House, Main Street , his N.O. would-be apartment, Pirates and Mansion! I hope he's there forever! And I too am proud to have worked for the Park that he loved so much.

[font=Palatino Linotype]Veni, Vidi, Velcro...[/font] [font=Comic Sans MS]I came, I saw, I got stuck.[/font]

Esmerelda
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Esmerelda » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:35 pm

Happy 50th to the Happiest Place On Earth!! I know that you will be around for another 50 welcoming all who come to you.

Most of all, a big THANK YOU to Walt Disney, without whom this magical place would never have been created. You dreamed up a place that, while it might not be vital to our existence, definitely makes our lives worth living!

SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by SRT_GB » Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:03 pm

I, for one, am glad I came back to be around for this celebration. I actually wish I could have been in the park today, but I guess we can't always get what we want.

Some of the best memories of my life have happened because of Disneyland. I've met so many friends, including some of my best friends and my girlfriend, working at the park and hotel. That's what I'm thankful for more than anything else.

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:47 am

Walt's dream certainly celebrated it's magical heritage on the 50th in grand style. I was so proud to be a CM & a part of Walt Disney's legacy. Disney Land's 50th Birthday will be treasured forever, tucked away deeply within my heart. These birthday memories will never tarnish, they will only become golder through the years. The sun shined brightly on Disney Land just as birthday candles brightly glow in joy to welcome all. Working at Disney Land yesterday was awesome. Thank you Walt for building your dream in Anaheim. How fortunate Orange County is because a cartoonist with a vision insisted dreams can come true.
Entered Disney Land & at once the rush of excitement flowed. Almost could not believe I was a part of this happiest celebration. Walked down my beloved Main Street, over the draw bridge, into the castle & suddenly felt I was home when Fantasy Land gently enveloped me. Had to remind myself I was at work. Those birthday cupcakes were good ;) . Actually watched fireworks onstage! They seemed ten times more amazing than ever! During the fireworks I saw a lost child sobbing. She was nine & so sweet. I promised her we would find her mom because no one is ever really lost on Disney Land's Birthday. After a brief walk & chat we finally found her entire family. This is always such a wonderful moment. You all know the feeling. After reuniting the girl with mom, dad & sister I suddenly felt the little sister hug me & climb into my arms. Her hug was warm & sincere as she thanked me for bringing her sister back. I choked back tears & realized this happy child's hug was Disney Land's Birthday gift to me.
Leaving the castle seemed odd. I couldn't stop looking back at it's beauty & bejeweled golden crowns. Stood on the bridge, turning back a few times, amazed at the castle's beauty & sentiment. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DISNEY LAND! Thank you for always being a wonderful part of my life.

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:27 am

Yesterday was a great day for me as well. While I love Storybook, I was at my "home" attraction yesterday, Small World, it's the one I hired into. Plus I was very happily telling all about my engagement, and I met him working at Disneyland.
I also had some very memorable guests. One older gentleman was wearing a shirt stating that he had been there opening day and is here again for the 50th (don't remember the exact wording) I went out of my way to say congratulations to him and then chatted with him for about a minute. Then I had what was probably the best interaction I've ever had with a child. This little boy who couldn't have been older than 3, may have been only 2, was waiting for the parade, his family was there very early. I was at strollers at Small World and it was at the time where we start redirecting stroller parking to in front of Toontown. So, I'm basically standing around catching people with strollers that got past the first line of defense, which didn't give me much to do. This little boy comes up to me, so I kneel down and we start having a conversation of sorts (mostly I'm asking questions and he's repeating me or saying yeah) When he goes back, his father tells me he was waving for a while, so then I kind of felt bad I hadn't noticed but the kid was happy to have talked to me. I ended up chatting with him a little more as parade time got closer. After the parade, they had apparantely went on Small World, so later I'm back on stroller duty (I was on it a lot yesterday) and I spot them collecting their stroller, so I go talk to him again, then they seem like they're ready to leave, so I wander off. A minute or two later, he comes the little boy, Timmy is his name, and he's holding out his autograph book and pen for me. It was the sweetest thing ever. So, I signed it and made sure to put that it was the 50th on it. :) We get asked to sign books at book, fairly regularly, but that is a part we are playing, it makes sense, this little boy wanted my autograph just because I had been talking to him. I'll never forget Timmy.

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:52 pm

I was on parades yesterday (and in a lot of pain I dropped my canvas stretching pilars on my foot on sat but that didn't stop my fun!). Between the two parades the whole morning parade crew (that would be 6 of us and two leads) stopped in front of the Cast window and got a guest to take our picture (imagine 8 people in Critter Country costumes and 2 fantasmic people where there too). Guests then stopped to take our pictures in front of the window. As a CM I felt like a star, managers were taking pictures of us, guests were taking pictures with us. Every guest I talked to kept going on and on about how awesome the cast was yesterday. I was almost in tears, kids were smiling, adults laughing and to quote the line from the song in the parade we were all "Telling stories and laughing with friends"

I will cherish my memories of yesterday and like our pins say "I Worked There"
And I had too many cupcakes...

These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:54 am

Wow. So my take on the photos

Before: You can tell what would ultimately go where for Disneyland itself
After: Obviously, you can tell what went where
Now: Where the hell is what?

I mean, is california adventure that close to Disneyland itself? Hell, I couldn't even make out Tower or the Matterhorn or for that matter, the entrance to Disneyland. At least in the "After" Photo I could make out Matterhorn and the entrance. Now? Forget it.

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:52 am

Maybe you just have to have been there more, but I could make all of them out. Of course I have worked there for a little over 3 years, so I know the layout pretty well. But yes, they really are that close together, we don't have the advantage of sprawling amounts of land like you guys out in Florida do. :)

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:58 pm

I found everything too. Then again I grew up here, and am at Disneyland all the time now. Poor Indy. Yeah being Land locked is interesting. I still miss the parking lot.