Am I too short?

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Weeble
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Am I too short?

Post by Weeble » Sun Mar 30, 2003 9:05 pm

Anyone who has ever worked an attraction where there is a minimum height requirement will relate with this.

Apparently Disneyland fosters some great comedians, when standing at the entrance to Big Thunder Mountain people like to crouch down as they get to the sign and say something to the effect of "am I too short for this ride?" hahahahahheeeeeheheheheheehohohohooh.....yeah, a real kneeslapper :roll: . One day I decided to count how many times people would use this line so I got one of those manual hand counter clicky do's and all day long we passed it off to whoever was working the entrance and kept a log.

*click* you are the 65th person to ask that today, thanks for taking part in our research. If I remember correctly the total came out to some ridiculous number like 230 :shock: .

Comedian and Writer
http://www.alfredmuller.com

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Am I Too Short?

Post by Zazu » Sun Mar 30, 2003 9:14 pm

I work on an attraction with no height requirement and I still get asked, "How tall do you have to be to ride?"

I like to hold my thumb and forefinger about three inches apart and say, "This big." Then I hold my hand up next to them and say, "Yeah, I think you'll pass."

Confuses them so badly they hardly ever ride. :twisted:

Zazu

BassPlayer2001
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by BassPlayer2001 » Sun Apr 13, 2003 7:39 pm

my favorite was the kids that didn't really need to be checked, yet their parents pushed them into the sign at Big Thunder, and I'd be helping another guest, and without even looking, I'd hear the thud of the child's head against the sign, and turn to the parents and go "yep, he's tall enough"

:lol:

"Thank you, and have a pleasant tour"

Weeble
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Weeble » Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:36 pm

Haha! Yeah lot's of head's banged on that sign. I would occasionally get a kid that was too small to ride and boot him out, then 15 minutes later he would come back and if you looked at his shoes, you could see all the napkins they had stuffed in his shoes. Is it really worth the kid's life to ride the stupid train?

Hey Bassplayer, when did you work BTM?

Comedian and Writer
http://www.alfredmuller.com

BassPlayer2001
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by BassPlayer2001 » Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:39 pm

I actually was never trained on BTM, not yet anyways, I was trained on West Side FastPass, so I worked the greeter, merge, and FP distribution positions of the rotation at BTM, as well as the other FP attractions on the west side of the park. My attractions as of right now are Star Tours, Astro Orbitor, HISTA, and "it's a small world", all of which are east side :(

Though being trained on FP over there, they could train me on any of those attractions at any time, so ya never know when I'll learn "the fastest ride in the wilderness!" :lol:

"Thank you, and have a pleasant tour"