Stand up, Sit Down, Fight Fight Fight!

This is the place to find the latest news and announcements concerning StupidGuestTricks.com Note: You may reply to any topic in this forum but you may not post new topics.

Should the "Remember..." fireworks show crowd stand or sit?

¡permanecer sentados, por favor! (sit)
30%
¿permanecer sentados? ¿por que? (stand)
44%
I like confrontation! Leave it undefined. (other)
26%

Total votes: 143

LiveWire
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Stand up, Sit Down, Fight Fight Fight!

Post by LiveWire » Thu May 26, 2005 3:12 am

well I've only seen the new fireworks from right in front of the castle and that is where the cms tell you that it is a seating area only. So when we yell at people to sit we're justified. :D:

But I've noticed the further back you are (from past firework experience)..the easier it is to stand because you may have trees or other things in the way. When I sit it's usually cause I'm tired of standing all day. But I think if the majority are sitting it's rude to stand and block views and if the majority are standing it's rude to tell everyone to sit. So.....its hard to say, just go with the flow I guess. If it's fifty fifty split...aww let em duke it out. :twisted:

I don't think there is much difference personally other than for me and my bad knees from dancing it's easier to sit sometimes then to stand if I have been on my feet all day. I think I can see just as well sitting or standing. But I usually chose to sit in the seated area cause it's easiest for me.

Hope that was as clear as mud for ya. :p:

I'm going to college so I can work for a mouse!

techie-13
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by techie-13 » Sat May 28, 2005 9:46 pm

For me, it depends on where I can find a place to watch the show. I'm going to be there next week with some folks who have problems with standing for long periods so we will be looking for a good spot to sit down. My husband and I work on pyro crews so we are used to watching a fireworks show while standing, sitting or even laying down looking up. :D: I can understand both points of view regarding sitting or standing but I really don't think it's worth fighting over. Because of the anniversary hype, most folks (including me & hubby) are coming to the park for more than one night. So if you are in a spot one night where you can't see everything, just come back the next and pick another. No big deal! :rolleyes:
When I went to the MK at WDW with my family in 2000, I was amazed at how rude people were before and after the electrical parade or the fireworks. One guest even commented to me, "Geez, can you BELIEVE these people? They're in the Happiest Place on Earth, makes you wonder what they'd be like in a concentration camp!"

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Mon May 30, 2005 8:20 pm

techie-13 wrote: "Geez, can you BELIEVE these people? They're in the Happiest Place on Earth, makes you wonder what they'd be like in a concentration camp!"
I gotta say, I like this line, think I could get away with saying it in costume, on stage?? :)

abc
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by abc » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:29 am

I personally am much more comfortable standing. It should only be sitting from the front row on back to the curb infront of the castle. The sole fact that standing guests take up like 1/3rd the space should be enough to institute a standing room only policy. If I am working pyro GC at the castle and there are like 5 people standing infront of hundreds sitting i WILL make the standing people sit down.

Besides if you have to sit on the main street horses pathway during the fireworks who knows what has happpened to that concrete over the course of the day :horseappl

techie-13
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by techie-13 » Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:03 pm

abc wrote:Besides if you have to sit on the main street horses pathway during the fireworks who knows what has happpened to that concrete over the course of the day :horseappl
I came across a few guests during my visit that I think should sit on that concrete! :twisted:

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:57 am

i've seen it both sitting and standing
i like my spot from in from of the frontierland entrace in the hub, where i stood. I sat in the forecourt once, but the low range effects were obstraced by the castle and my angle, and tink spent alot of time behind the center turret, however i was able to see everythign the castle was doing.

Gimme some soft serve!

kimpossible33
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by kimpossible33 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:21 am

I at first thought people should stand, then I thought of how hard it would be for shorter people, children, and people sitting in wheelchairs. Well, I couldn't say they should sit, considering I know a lot of people who can't sit! I remember watching Believe when a woman beside me was the only one standing up and people were yelling at her to sit down, but she obviously couldn't, so she started to walk towards the side (where she would have a terrible view). So I just stood up, with my sisters, and, after a bit more yelling, people just stopped caring. So I don't think there should be a set rule or whatever. I can't think of any other reasons though.

Um... whose baby is this? :stork:

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:44 pm

My cousing was telling me yesterday that one time they were standing and waiting for the fireworks and a group came and sat behind them. When the fireworks started they started yelling at them to sit down. That, I think, was completely uncalled for, I mean they were standing when that group got there and sat down, it would be different if they stood up when the fireworks started.

Fantasmic_Freak
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Fantasmic_Freak » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by abc
Besides if you have to sit on the main street horses pathway during the fireworks who knows what has happpened to that concrete over the course of the day

Yah totally, i am usually forced to sit there because of walkway blocking, if youve been there an hour before and its the best spot, oh well! I am usually the first to sit in the middle of main street on days when i am there, love the comments from the double wide strollers trying to go the wrong way. But it is really a toss up on what cm you get for your area, most people back there say stand up. someone, new gc rule #1,155 stand around hub, sit in forecort and compass, stand down main street.

Current CM- Scenic Fabrication Artisan

Former Attr CM, DCA Boom Boom Room, Grizzly, Stinger, its gone!.

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:06 pm

Out on Enterances in Fantasmic! Yellow I was by info board. There is this roped off area with benches and the ugly planter (its called that in the Fantasmic OG) and I was there keeping the walkway clear. This man comes up to me demanding I make the people in front of the benches sit. Alas there are no rules so I don't have to.

Disney needs to make some STAND UP rules.

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.