New DLP follies...

Disneyland Resort Paris Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland Paris discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Ottar
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

New DLP follies...

Post by Ottar » Mon May 16, 2005 6:57 am

My friend Gerome works in the Events Office and got a call a while ago that went something like this:

Gerome: Hello? This is the DLP Event Office! How can I help you?
Guest: Yeah, Hi. Two questions; how much will the pin cost thats coming out tomorrow and how much are the tickets to the Spice Girls concert? And can I book them with you?
Gerome: [doesn't know where to begin] Umm... Ok, sir, first of all there is no new pin release scheduled for tomorrow - the next release is this weekend on sunday when a new set of Stich pins will be released. That set will cost €21.50 and is limited to 500 sets. Now, secondly, I'm not sure as to what it is you are referring to about a concert? I'm not sure the Spice Girls are even still performing together and they are certainely not appearing at Disneyland Paris anytime soon. Are you sure you are referring to the right event?
Guest: Ok, so the pin release tomorrow is a secret edition, then? And I guess I mean the Power Puff Girls concert, not the Spice Girls!
Gerome: [trying his best not to laugh and tear his hair out at the same time] Ummm sir, There is NO pin release - secret or otherwise - scheduled for tomorrow. A "secret" release is still announced a few days in advance, so trust me on this one. And I'm afraid the Power Puff Girls is an animated cartoon, not a band, so ther eis no concert or show with them avaliable. If you hang on a minute I'll check with the ticket office in Paris what concerts featuring girl bands are avaliable this week...
Guest: No, wait, I'll ask my daughter.... [screams in the background] SARAH! WHAT THE H*** IS THE NAME OF THAT BAND AGAIN? Ah ok... [to Gerome:] She says its Rammstein or something like that.
Gerome: Oh... [checks ticket office] Well, there are tickets avaliable for the 11th and I can book them for you online of you have a hotel reservation with Disney. How old is your daughter, though? The concert is not recommended for anyone below 15 years of age due to explicit content.
Guest: Oh - that means they swear a lot or what?
Gerome: Well, it could - but I'm not familiar with the band so I can't say.
Guest: Well, she's almost seven so I think she can handle it plus they sing in German so she won't understand any of it anyway... Can you book us three tickets?
Gerome: Of course - if you're sure... Whats your reservation number?
Guest: xxxx-xxxxxxxxx-xxxx
Gerome: Okay sir, the tickets will be billed to your room tab and you can pick them up at the reception no later than a minimum of three hours before the concert the day after tomorrow - and may I recommend you take a taxi or train well in advance since the venue is pretty far away from the resort?
Guest: Thank you, and I guess I'll just have to get up early tomorrow to see if you sneaky sots REALLY haven't issued a pin...

Gerome called me at work to tell me about this guy and we both thought it was hysterical after I finally understood what he was saying in between his laughter...
SOOOooo glad I'm not in booking...

In Walt's days, quality and capacity did not compete.

RebuildtheKingdom
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: New DLP follies...

Post by RebuildtheKingdom » Mon May 16, 2005 10:54 am

Wait...wait...wait...Rammstein is playing DLP? :dropmouth :scratching head: Rammstein?

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Mon May 16, 2005 6:25 pm

RebuildtheKingdom wrote:Wait...wait...wait...Rammstein is playing DLP? :dropmouth :scratching head: Rammstein?
Exact same reaction.

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

SilverStyle
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by SilverStyle » Mon May 16, 2005 6:42 pm

I was about to say the same thing. I wish :D: :cool:

Ottar
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Ottar » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:48 am

LOL Nononononono! I highly doubt Rammstein would come in question for a concert at DLP! :D: :D: :D:
What Gerome was talking about was them playing in Paris - thats why they needed a cab to go to the venue. He simply booked tickets for the family through an online ticket service.

Agent_Orange
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Agent_Orange » Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:24 pm

He and the seven year old will be shocked when Till Lindemann ( the lead singer ) whips out dildo from his pants and simulates anal sex on stage while squirting a white liquid 15 feet through the air during the song "Buck Dich" which translates to "Bend Down".

God I love rammstein.

Starpilote
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Starpilote » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:08 pm

I worked at Star Tours for five months last year and the thing that annoyed me the most was all the STUPID people at the fastpass entrance. It happened several times that people came up to me without a fastpass, I would explain to them how it works and point out the place to get them, adding that they need to WAIT until the time indicated. What do the guests do? The go over and get the passes, and then they go straight back to me, and get angry when I won't let them in...

I also had several experiences with people who didn't really get the whole idea of fastpasses: They would come 40 minutes early, I would tell them that they had to wait until the time indicated on their pass, and then they would happily sit down on the bench nearby. Usually (sometimes you just give up and let the people mind their own business) I went over and explained to them that there was no point in waiting here, especially since there was usually about 20 mins wait in the normal line, but no, they preferred waiting.

I do understand that for example Spanish-speakers might not understand how it works, but when English or French- speakers comes up to you at 13:00 when the fastpass clearly says BETWEEN/ENTRE 14:30 and 15:00, with a full explanation on the other side of the pass... grrr.

I also worked at Honey I shrunk the audience, always a great sight from the podium watching all those confused people putting their 3D-glasses on in the preshow... Now, I fully understand that they put them on upon entering, they might think it is the main attraction, but when you see people still wearing them, still looking confused, after 10 mins of Kodak commercial...

msep003
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by msep003 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:48 pm

You didn't had those Russian Guests and they don't understand anything even FRENCH and ENGLISH .

Also at Star Tours how many people forget to buckle up their sieatbelts ? A LOTS

I'm not talking about that people who think it's CM's fault if their kids are too small to ride on Space Mountain .

I Know what you mean about those Stupid Guests wich they wait their time at the moment they've got their FP Tickets .

Ottar
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Ottar » Sun May 28, 2006 10:05 am

I did a lot of fastpass work at Big thunder Mountain, but eventually came to like that position after a few weeks of initial torment. I make a point of keeping a couple of every park map in the CM booth (so that I had access to the international versions of the fastpass explanations on the map) nad just handed them out to anyone who came up and didnt understand the system and had language difficulties. Biggest source of trouble with the fastpass system, in my hubmle opinion, is Disney's unwillingness to put up signs pointing people in the right direction, for example helping them to differentiate between fastpass- and non fastpass queue lines. It is true that a sign only helps the person who can read the sign, but if they'd put up signs in french and english they would cover so many of the visitors that the rest could easily be pointed in the right direction by a CM. As it is now, EVERYONE has trouble finding their way and the CMs have to deal with a lot of stuff that could easily have been taken care of through a sign.

Malpass93
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Malpass93 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:06 am

Starpilote wrote:I also worked at Honey I shrunk the audience, always a great sight from the podium watching all those confused people putting their 3D-glasses on in the preshow... Now, I fully understand that they put them on upon entering, they might think it is the main attraction, but when you see people still wearing them, still looking confused, after 10 mins of Kodak commercial...
Wonderful, isn't it. Watching some total clowns try to put the 3D glasses on, then complain about the lack of English in the main theatre.

IF YOU'D WATCHED THE DISPLAYS OUTSIDE, LISTENED TO THE ANNOUNCEMENTS OR WATCHED THE INTRO, YOU WOULD KNOW WHAT TO DO!

Rant over.