OSHA Investigates Bathroom Breaks at WDW

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
tonyrocks922
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

OSHA Investigates Bathroom Breaks at WDW

Post by tonyrocks922 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:24 pm

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: OSHA Investigates Bathroom Breaks at WDW

Post by Freak » Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:22 pm

:confused:

Get some Depends, fast!

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:59 pm

Freak wrote: :confused:

Get some Depends, fast!
:D: :D: ]Funny! This was never a problem in the dept. I was in, nor is it an issue in my dept. now. We are even able to get drinks of water if we are covered. Wouldn't push it....am sure some do.[/color]

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:09 pm

Leads encourage us to use the bathroom on scheduled breaks but sometimes there is nothing you can do so usually they are cool about filling a position so that a cast member can take a quick potty break.

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

SoarWhoreCoCo
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SoarWhoreCoCo » Tue May 31, 2005 10:12 pm

Not to ruffle any feathers here, but at the wonderful Right-to-work land of Walt Disney World they are constantly getting their hands slapped for this type of thing! Thanks to the Deployment System (computerized Roatation System) the computer sometimes gives you a break 15 minutes into your shift and your next 3-4 hours later, or drops you and your position out of itself, or you dont get your first brak until 4 hours into your shift. Lately it has come down that during a rotational bump you no longer can run to the bathroom before going to position you have to continue the rotation and beg a coordinator (deglorified lead) or a (caring) manager to bump you, which if they're in a situation can cause for some anxiety. Especially if you stupidly eat something questionable from Aramark or Vending Machine. :(

:horseappl Hey guys!... now I know why they call it Nugget Way!
:supercat: Super Size my Love Nuggets
:poke: One of the most feared of all weapons..."Poo On A Stick"
:beaker:MEEP!:beaker:

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:52 pm

I hated it when managers or coordinators won't let you go. Although I have had a motto that if I had to go I would go. I didn't care about what a manager said. I once had an area manager fired because he wouldn't allow bathroom breaks.

Elvis didn't do no drugs!

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:32 am

SoarWhoreCoCo wrote: Thanks to the Deployment System (computerized Roatation System) the computer sometimes gives you a break 15 minutes into your shift and your next 3-4 hours later, or drops you and your position out of itself, or you dont get your first brak until 4 hours into your shift. :(
CDS 3.0 (as we at DL like to call it) works...if constantly babysitted by a lead every hour. My favorite late break story is this.

I was scheduled 1900-2300, scheduling called me to move my shift up 2 hours. So my new shift was 1700-2100. So I'm at Tower at Mansion, the lead says "Stduck, I'm going to lunch" This is at almost 2 hours into my shift. 2.25 hours goes by. No bump to break, yet people are optimized. Knowing the lead is on lunch he's not there. So 10 minutes later still no break I start calling to find the lead and telling every cast member I can find I haven't had my break. 2.75 hours into my shift....the lead who is finally back calls me to the computer (at this time I am in the ER). The lead is laughing he says 'You are scheduled to go home at....2030, your break was scheduled for 2100' Stupid computer never updated my breaks.

These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

Ho-say
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Ho-say » Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:56 am

Stduck wrote:The lead is laughing he says 'You are scheduled to go home at....2030, your break was scheduled for 2100' Stupid computer never updated my breaks.
LOL! Now that is a classic! I, for one, am very happy that we don't use CDS in Resorts. In my area, we take our first 30 min. break after 3 hours, and our 2nd 30 min. break 3 hours after that. Seems to work somehow.... I can't believe that whole bathroom break scenario! If we have to use the wash room, we just..erm, sign off at our station, make sure our cash drawer is locked.......and erm, just go! ]does[/U] get abused by some, I will admit...)

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:21 am

the lead should have verified that you breakes were appropriatly time, as should have scheduling. the lead should have at least made sure CDS was set up right to be left alone for an hour without supervision.

As far as bathroom breaks go, if we gotta go, we gotta go, i'd risk the safety, hit the e-stop and walk away from my console if it was between that and embarassing myself. It almost came to that once, luckily i was in a position where the only thing that would happen if i left was someone might not get greeted, and a wheelchair might have gone all the way to the station, my lead got there right when i was about to tell the person nearest me in rotation that i was leaving, and if the lead came looking for me, they'd knwo where to find me :eek: !

Gimme some soft serve!

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:19 am

GMC wrote:the lead should have verified that you breakes were appropriatly time, as should have scheduling. the lead should have at least made sure CDS was set up right to be left alone for an hour without supervision. !
Should have....that's the key word there. Oh well...CDS hates me. It puts me at one position all night. I try to go potty on my scheduled breaks. I have sometimes gone at the end of a rotation or from Foyer to Unload (its nice to have the bathroom right by CDS)