Funny Radio Calls!!

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
GoofyGrowler
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Funny Radio Calls!!

Post by GoofyGrowler » Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:24 am

As a member of DL security I can't even begin to list the many zany calls I have heard and responded to, but let me tell you people do the stupidist things.

NO! WIRE! HANGERS!

PhilMP
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by PhilMP » Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:37 am

Yes, like drive 5 vehicles to a CFA run behind Fantasyland Theatre...not including the AFD and C.A.R.E. ambulance, and then blame the guy who parked in a marked space for blocking the ambulance and fire personnel. :mad:

Sorry, had to get that one out. You just said something about people doing stupid things and I had to laugh. :)

You should listen to the Special Events channel. You'd be amazed at how crazy people get about not having a round table...or a tray of...I don't know...bread.

Phil

Don't judge a person until you walk a mile in his shoes. If you still don't like them, you'll be a mile away, and at least you'll have his shoes.

Thatguy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Thatguy » Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:48 am

HA! special events is how I got my 25, I learned very quickly to stand back and wave them by as quickly as possible.

"How many people woke up this morning saying 'I have to do the Jungle Cruise?' yeah, me too, I sat on the edge of my bed crying for half an hour."

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:00 pm

GoofyGrowler wrote:As a member of DL security I can't even begin to list the many zany calls I have heard and responded to, but let me tell you people do the stupidist things.
Goofy Growler, did you receive call @ Esplanade yesterday re: our DLR guest who boarded his dog @ kennel? Heard there were many calls abt this jerk :( He picked up his dog at kennel, didn't pay the fee, then they both promptly ran out Esplanade & down Harbor. DLR Security called APD to roll. Cheap, STUPID Guest was caught & booked. I felt sorry for the poor dog :rolleyes: I heard the dog was quite a runner also. :D:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

security officer
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by security officer » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:18 pm

my favorite call working private security was a was so drunk in the thater that he passed out and wije up and when 5150

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:32 pm

A friend who's a San Jose cop heard this exchange in their communication center:

Cop on radio: We are in pursuit of a green 1995 Oldsmobile westbound on Hedding at 80 mph. Now 90 mph. Slowing, right turn on to The Alameda. Northbound at 80 mph, 90 mph, 100 mph, slowing. Suspect taking the eastbound on ramp to highway 17. Now on 17 at 80 mph, 90 mph, 110 mph, slowing. Suspect taking First Street exit. Now southbound on First Street at 100 mph, 120 mph.

Long pause then cop on radio: Suspect apprehended.

Dispatcher: How did you apprehend the suspect?

Cop on radio: Stupid bastard ran into a tree.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:39 pm

hobie16 wrote:A friend who's a San Jose cop heard this exchange in their communication center:

Cop on radio: We are in pursuit of a green 1995 Oldsmobile westbound on Hedding at 80 mph. Now 90 mph. Slowing, right turn on to The Alameda. Northbound at 80 mph, 90 mph, 100 mph, slowing. Suspect taking the eastbound on ramp to highway 17. Now on 17 at 80 mph, 90 mph, 110 mph, slowing. Suspect taking First Street exit. Now southbound on First Street at 100 mph, 120 mph.

Long pause then cop on radio: Suspect apprehended.

Dispatcher: How did you apprehend the suspect?

Cop on radio: Stupid bastard ran into a tree.

Gotta love it when they jump in front of fleeing suspects!!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:20 pm

security officer wrote:my favorite call working private security was a was so drunk in the thater that he passed out and wije up and when 5150
Huh? Sorry, but between the spelling and grammar mistakes I can't figure out exactly what you're talking about except it's about some drunk person in a theater.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

Mikey
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Mikey » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:36 pm

Our department does not usually have a radio but was loaned one to assist another department which heavily relied on radios.

When asked what unit number I wanted to be I said "666".
:twisted:

That worked well for a while... "12 to 666, 10-25 me at xxxx"; "666, 10-4"

Next day apparently someone overheard it and threw a tantrum, so we got assigned a different number.

Mikey

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:18 pm

Shorty82 wrote:Huh? Sorry, but between the spelling and grammar mistakes I can't figure out exactly what you're talking about except it's about some drunk person in a theater.
and 5150 is California W&I code for incarcerating a mentally disturbed person for 72 hours.

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?