Funny Radio Calls!!

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Funny Radio Calls!!

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:53 pm

ktulu wrote:Do they hire directly into management?
Or into the legal department?

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:17 am

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Or into the legal department?
No the buzzards go to corporate. The Crocs go to Legal. Why else would lawyers cost an arm and a leg. :D:

Randy

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:26 am

Randy B wrote:No the buzzards go to corporate. The Crocs go to Legal. Why else would lawyers cost an arm and a leg. :D:

Randy
Worthy of a rimshot!!!

:rimshot:

AlpineDL
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by AlpineDL » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:57 am

Someone whistled the entire Andy Griffith theme song after some control advisory the other day.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:27 am

AlpineDL wrote:Someone whistled the entire Andy Griffith theme song after some control advisory the other day.
On the FUBAR cruise I did from LA to La Paz, it was three in the morning, pitch black and the radio traffic had gone dead. With no one to keep me company except the radar, auto nav and GPS, I decided to see if anyone was monitoring their radio. In my best Pink Floyd voice I keyed the mic and said, "Is anybody... OUT THERE?" It generated enough radio traffic to keep me awake until I went off watch an hour later.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:17 pm

hobie16 wrote:On the FUBAR cruise I did from LA to La Paz, it was three in the morning, pitch black and the radio traffic had gone dead. With no one to keep me company except the radar, auto nav and GPS, I decided to see if anyone was monitoring their radio. In my best Pink Floyd voice I keyed the mic and said, "Is anybody... OUT THERE?" It generated enough radio traffic to keep me awake until I went off watch an hour later.
That reminds me of a "incident" at sea, many years ago, we were off the coast of an asian country engaged in "war games" I was in communications at the time and monitered several "networks" (no computers) around two in the morning, one of the voice circuits started having accordian music on it, and it was pretty good! whoever it was played for about thirty minutes, and did pause every few minutes for other traffic(proper procedure at the time) Since there were a large number of ships and stations on the net, no one ever figured out who it was!! must hve been a "ghost" hehehe

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:38 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:must hve been a "ghost" hehehe
Mahatma Gandhi, Richard Nixon, Idi Amin, James Stewart, Charlie Chaplin, Charles Dickens, John Lennon or Elvis Presley?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:42 pm

hobie16 wrote:Mahatma Gandhi, Richard Nixon, Idi Amin, James Stewart, Charlie Chaplin, Charles Dickens, John Lennon or Elvis Presley?
Elvis is alive man, I saw him eating lunch the other day at this restaurant I was at...

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:43 pm

hobie16 wrote:Mahatma Gandhi, Richard Nixon, Idi Amin, James Stewart, Charlie Chaplin, Charles Dickens, John Lennon or Elvis Presley?
Since I remember that one of the riffs was Inna-Godda-Da-Vida..I am gonna hafta go with Elvis!!! (he is all things musical!!)

ectomstr
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by ectomstr » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:21 pm

back when i worked at Rainforest Cafe we had a manager come onto our channel and say "turn down your radios." we all instantly did and put them to our ears so guests wouldn't hear (our headsets were horrendous). she proceded to tell us that this night was "not for pussies". all of the hosts laughed and cheered for hours, making us work a bit harder cause oft he great fun a usually uptight manager had. (found out later, she eased up when in control rather when under control).

back in my McD day's, our headsets had a function on them that we could talk to guests in drive-thru or to each other with ease. my manager (great guy he was) would mimic or make fun of the guests and sometimes me after they or i said something. sometimes he'd "mimic" me to the guests before i had a chance to say anything. caused much laughter during the usual hectic lunch rush.