Funny Radio Calls!!

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Notatourist
In our Memory
In our Memory

Re: Funny Radio Calls!!

Post by Notatourist » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:12 pm

How about we're 11-1(101-same thing) due to the Cat losing his hat in Cat in the Hat ride.

I laughed a while over that one.

I'm not a tourist cause I work there...

Indywitch
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Indywitch » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:16 am

There used to be an old conductor on Steam Trains that had a very thick accent German I believe and he would get flustered and every once in awhile he would let go with a few obscenities over the radio..."we are now approaching New Orleans station, I mean Tomorrowland....Oh Sh>>" It was a sad day for Steam Train comedy when he retired....He must have been close to 80....
:o:

Casual regular
Love my Westside......

DPRSSDNKY
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by DPRSSDNKY » Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:49 am

I used to work at Toys R Us and we would put dolls on the radio all the time. One day my work shirt got ripped on a side cap (damn cheap shirts and sharp metal racks). I went to ask the manager for a new one and he nicknamed me Raggedy Ann (AND WOULDN'T GIVE ME A NEW SHIRT!). Anyway, one night over the PA system I hear "Raggedy Ann dial ext.*1" (during store hours) So I paged back "Harry Potter dial ext. *2" because he looked like a grown-up Harry (look at the cover of Goblet of Fire and age it about 30 yrs). I bet guests were wondering what the heck was going on.

For the last time, yes the birds are real...

If all the world's a stage, I want a better agent...

:eeyore: Where's Eeyore movie?

Natural Selection Fan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Natural Selection Fan » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:27 pm

The radio calls from 'Control' at DL go through a repeater system, so if you
want to say something funny to the whole park, wait for 'Control Clear' and key
on the radio quickly and say it. There's nothing they can do to stop it without getting a different system and nobody can tell who's actually doing it.

Roger went 101 a few days ago and I got in a "Oh, WHATEVER!" for all to hear.

If you ever stop and ask yourself: "How do they dress themselves?"
Congratulations and welcome to my world.

MEng85
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Location: INDY!!!!!! just moved to fullerton...bye bye Frisco

Post by MEng85 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:46 pm

hmmmm....i didnt happen on the radio though its hilarious...i hope im not outta place...

so were practicing proper radio potocal for emergencies on alcatraz...i.e. radio dispatch for abulance never use a persons name etc...

so were doin hypotheticals(i think thats rite ahh well) and the island EMT asks the group what would you say to a pregnant woman who lost her water (we all assumed she ment that the womans water broke except one person)...and the one guy pipes, "in id tell her we have plenty of bottled water in the bookstores...."
:D:

YES!!!!! im incorrigible...anymore questions????

mentu
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by mentu » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:36 pm

someone told me about a Code "20-80", a mullet. 20% in the front, 80% in the back.

epcotslioness
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by epcotslioness » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:33 pm

:eek: omg when i was on tne wdw cp i was workign the mission space opening and was in the middle of east block surrounded by reporters with radio on full blast when all of a sudden so one accidently qued their radio and procceded to describe in full detail the blow job his wife gave him the night before. everyone turned n looked at me all i could do was turn my radio down and make a break for the nearest backstage exit. after bout ten mins a manager had to inturupt the broad cast to tell the man that he was broadcasting his convo over the entire epcot radio system. i was laughing so hard i couldn't go back on stage for 20 mins. :D:

[font=Century Gothic]:p: You make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside... like I wanna choke you :p:[/font]

Thatguy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Thatguy » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:55 pm

mentu wrote:someone told me about a Code "20-80", a mullet. 20% in the front, 80% in the back.
I've never heard that one... just code M and the hand signal (middle three fingers flat against the front of the other fist.)

"How many people woke up this morning saying 'I have to do the Jungle Cruise?' yeah, me too, I sat on the edge of my bed crying for half an hour."

Notatourist
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Notatourist » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:01 pm

How about a protein spill....

I'm not a tourist cause I work there...

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:58 pm

Notatourist wrote:How about a protein spill....
Not exactly an unusual occurance

Probably the funniest call I've heard was from someone that had just gotten back from vacation and was holding for an animal that he'd never seen before.

"I'm holding in Ituri forest for some type of bird. I can't tell you exactly what it is, I've never seen it before. It looks kinda like a duck"

Another funny call was when we had a hat fall on the ridepath, and several people called it in. By about the 3rd or 4th call, the manager on duty responded with "12 bye, yes, I'm aware of the hat. Do you have anything new for me?"