Funny Radio Calls!!

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Funny Radio Calls!!

Post by Shorty82 » Sat May 28, 2011 6:13 pm

kurtisnelson wrote:I've learned that they like to dress as scraggly tourists and look like they are taking a nap on the middle planter at MK turnstiles.
When I go to the parks I play a little game with myself as I approach the turnstiles that I call "Spot the Undercover". Over time I've learned the tell-tale signs, the big one being the earpiece.

I've never heard of them hiding in planters but that's better than the time I saw one at DAK hanging out just inside the no bag entrance, near the costumed security host working that entrance.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

mapo
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by mapo » Mon May 30, 2011 2:00 am

kurtisnelson wrote:I've learned that they like to dress as scraggly tourists and look like they are taking a nap on the middle planter at MK turnstiles.
Are you sure they are not some of our "domicile challenged" guests that seem to pop up this time of year? :rolleyes:

I would love to see any cast member sleeping or looking like they are sleeping. Have I mentioned that we wake up cast in the breakrooms now? :banghead:

Yup, even on their break! [Reprimand.]

Yup, even if off the clock. [They are whisked away off property.]

Yup, even in their car in the cast lot. [They are whisked away too!]

Seems that the upper management have taken offense to 'power naps' in recent years. *sigh* I miss the slumber parties we used to have in the Main Street Break Room. :notallthe

Nothing like telling a cast member on a mandatory double back that they cannot sleep on break, few hours between shifts, or in the lot any more. :crabby:

So, I vote YES! on any cast member who can manage to look like they are sleeping. Hopefully, it is backstage BUT since I drive the same roads they drive...if you can pull a power nap somewhere -- GO for it! :sleep:
:clap:

As for cast looking scraggly, well you missed the guest in her swim suit that demanded park entry today. :eek:

Yes, it has been a long summer already!

mapo

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Mon May 30, 2011 4:43 am

mapo wrote:Are you sure they are not some of our "domicile challenged" guests that seem to pop up this time of year? :rolleyes:

I would love to see any cast member sleeping or looking like they are sleeping. Have I mentioned that we wake up cast in the breakrooms now? :banghead:

Seems that the upper management have taken offense to 'power naps' in recent years. *sigh* I miss the slumber parties we used to have in the Main Street Break Room. :notallthe

Nothing like telling a cast member on a mandatory double back that they cannot sleep on break, few hours between shifts, or in the lot any more. :crabby:

So, I vote YES! on any cast member who can manage to look like they are sleeping. Hopefully, it is backstage BUT since I drive the same roads they drive...if you can pull a power nap somewhere -- GO for it! :sleep:

As for cast looking scraggly, well you missed the guest in her swim suit that demanded park entry today. :eek:

mapo
What the heck?! I can't count the number of times I've seen cast sleeping in the breakrooms, especially in the Main Street Breakroom. Last I looked sleeping on company time was against the rules, but breaks, between shifts, etc. is not company time. It is your time. I've never been one to sleep on breaks but if I ever do and management tries to discipline me for it I'd have the union on the case in seconds (and if I'm sleeping between double-back shifts Safety as well, can't do any job safely on a lack of sleep).

According to the old contract (new one isn't out yet), Article 18 (DISCIPLINE, STANDARDS OF CONDUCT AND DISCHARGE), Section 6 (DISCHARGE): (g) Gambling, sleeping while on duty, or willful insubordination;

Other than mention of a sleeping room being provided if the CM is on double-back and on call this is the only place sleeping is mentioned in the contract. You're not on duty when you're on break or otherwise off the clock.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…

-Walt Disney
Keep moving forward

CptnSkippy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: F&B

Post by CptnSkippy » Mon May 30, 2011 7:36 am

That's a shame. Going from my morning shift then picking up PAC I'd usually go to my costuming location, shower, get dressed, set an alarm and nap on the benches.

Parties of 33 should consider dividing their parties into two groups of 16 and a half each.

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Mon May 30, 2011 9:29 pm

mapo wrote:Are you sure they are not some of our "domicile challenged" guests that seem to pop up this time of year? :rolleyes:

mapo
Is it mentioned anywhere in the rules that it is possible that you might not notice it or, in other words, turn a blind eye. It seems that people are all to willing to "enforce" unreasonable rules and unable to say that they don't agree with that rule. I used to do that in my job all the time. If I didn't agree with the ruling because it just plain wasn't right, you would be amazed at how many things I didn't see.

:goofy: :goofy:

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Tue May 31, 2011 12:47 pm

Goofyernmost wrote:Is it mentioned anywhere in the rules that it is possible that you might not notice it or, in other words, turn a blind eye. It seems that people are all to willing to "enforce" unreasonable rules and unable to say that they don't agree with that rule. I used to do that in my job all the time. If I didn't agree with the ruling because it just plain wasn't right, you would be amazed at how many things I didn't see.
Something tells me that this would lead to a very short career with WDW security, or many other "law or rule enforcement" type agencies. Think about all the police who smoke pot on their own time, or speed in their own vehicles, but still have to enforce those laws and ticket or arrest as required by laws that they might not agree with!

It is not up to those in the enforcement end of policies to pick and choose which rules they care to support, and which ones they will ignore because they disagree with them. The security officer is an agent of the employer, employed to enforce the rules set by said employer. Unless the rule is illegal, they are obligated to abide by and enforce it.

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Tue May 31, 2011 3:08 pm

Well, I can understand the rule about cast members not napping on their breaks in break rooms. I know that it would make me feel uncomfortable if I wanted to eat my lunch and chat with a co-worker and there was someone sleeping off to the side. Doing so in one's car is a bit more tricky to justify, though if the CM is "in costume" (wearing a uniform, etc), then I can see them thinking it looks unprofessional, and that some folks might get the idea that the CMs are being over-worked. Even if they are being overworked, you don't want people to think that, right? :cat1:

Wait...isn't this thread suppose to be about Funny Radio Calls? Can someone get me a reading on this topic drift? :cat1:

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Tue May 31, 2011 3:41 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:Wait...isn't this thread suppose to be about Funny Radio Calls? Can someone get me a reading on this topic drift? :cat1:
This is SGT, threads go off topic all the time and is, in fact, standard operating procedure around here. Thread that don't go off topic are very rare,

-Walt Disney
Keep moving forward

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue May 31, 2011 4:04 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:Can someone get me a reading on this topic drift?
Topic drift?!?! Most times it's a topic tornado the way the direction flies hither and yon.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Tue May 31, 2011 5:02 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:Okay, my overactive imagination kicked in when I heard "ear-pieces" and I imagined said devices as being in the shape of the the famous ears of The Mouse himself.... :cat1:
Why am I picturing sort of a Men in Black thing here... maybe "Men in Black Ears"?

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter