Red Carpet Treatment?

All other Disney Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disney discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Crazyjenny1897
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Red Carpet Treatment?

Post by Crazyjenny1897 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:15 pm

So I was working at the register the other day and there was a line of 3 or 4 people. Some woman came up to the register out of turn, handed me $10.25 and a sku tag, saying "This is for that." and walked out of the store! Now I'm sorry. We're in a mall. If you don't have time to stand in line then you shouldn't be in my store. Never mind the fact that she didn't give me enough money. She was a good .50 short. I guess she thought she was special.

crystal_crtr
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Red Carpet Treatment?

Post by crystal_crtr » Mon May 21, 2007 3:25 pm

I hate those people. There is a guy here in our town and he goes to the same convenient store everyday and buys the same thing everytime. Instead of waiting in line to pay for what he has he just gives the money to the cashier and walks out. One day when I was in the store paying for gas he does this and the lady behind the counter yells at him and refuses his money so he can't leave the store. She told him in her best attitude that he needed to wait in line because everyone else was here before him and he was not special. It was so funny to see her tell him off.

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Tue May 22, 2007 6:30 pm

Crazyjenny1897 wrote:Never mind the fact that she didn't give me enough money. She was a good .50 short. I guess she thought she was special.
Don't forget to add the tax, depending on the state!! :D:

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Wed May 23, 2007 2:26 am

DLRFantasmic!Dan wrote:Don't forget to add the tax
The Ca. State tax issue is never accepted well by guests from Oregon. Sorry Big Wall as I know you are from Oregon. :) During March I had a guest from Oregon buy a mtn. of clothes - great sale for Emporium! She then told me she was from Oregon & was exempt from Ca. State tax. She pulled out 3 IDs to prove her point & try to wheezle out. This was a no win situation so I by passed my lead & got my manager. He loves my guest challanges. ;) He saw this tax situation was going down the SGT Avenue fast. He told me he'd handle return transaction & all clothes the guest threw in my face & on floor. He then told me to take a 45 min. lunch. I won! :D:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Wed May 23, 2007 9:22 am

Main Streeter wrote:She then told me she was from Oregon & was exempt from Ca. State tax. She pulled out 3 IDs to prove her point & try to wheezle out.
You could have offered to have had everything shipped to her home. Told her that way there would be no CA tax charged. However, you would have to add the shipping charges.

Generally anything shipped out of state by the merchant is not subject to a state sales tax. However, if possession is taken by the purchaser tax has to be collected.

Mike (CPA Retired)

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed May 23, 2007 5:22 pm

Cheshire Figment wrote:Generally anything shipped out of state by the merchant is not subject to a state sales tax. However, if possession is taken by the purchaser tax has to be collected.
That's true unless the company has a presence in the destination state. I order a lot of boat parts from a Cali company that has one store in Honolulu so I pay the local sales tax.

The woman from Oregon tried to run a scam. Residents of no sales tax states know they'll be nailed for sales tax when they cross the border. If you get that line again, tell them to contact the CA Franchise Tax Board with their complaints.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Wed May 23, 2007 7:34 pm

hobie16 wrote:The woman from Oregon tried to run a scam.
Exactly hobie. ;) You nailed it! Cheshire, thanks for the info. Helpful to have a CPA on SGT site. I know how to offer Disney shipping. My Oregon guest made it clear they were going to wear a few shirts & sweatshirts before she tried her whine line. She was way beyond wanting CM guest service with a smile. SG! :twisted:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed May 23, 2007 7:54 pm

[quote="Main Streeter"]Exactly hobie. ]
It would be interesting to follow her to see if she tried the same thing when buying food, checking out of her hotel, turning in the rental car and demanding a refund on the tax from the airline on her way back to Oregon. Some people's children!