The First Contest!!! [CONTEST HAS ENDED]

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

The First Contest!!! [CONTEST HAS ENDED]

Post by CujoSR » Fri Mar 07, 2003 1:49 am

THE WINNER IS LITTLEDOLLCLAUDIA THANKS FOR PLAYING EVERYBODY. YOU MAY NOW RESPOND TO ANY POST HERE.

OK! The contest has ended. We will be choosing a winner sometime today and will notify the winner by e-mail. Also the winner will be posted here!! Good luck to all our contestants!!!!
You guys wanted to win something so here you go. To commemorate the opening of the StupidGuestTricks Store, We will be offering a Free Shirt to whomever is chosen in a random drawing. Afterwards we will open the StupidGuestTricks Store to the public. Below is a photo of one of two items you can win. To enter all you need to do is post a reply to this topic and give us a short story about any experience at a Theme Park. Guest Trick or not, it doesn't matter so be creative!!! So have fun and good luck. Please read the rules at the bottom of this page.

Click Here for a pic.

And now for the rules:
*One entry per member only
*Entrys must be at least 100 words or more.
*Entrys will not be judged on content.
*StupidGuestTricks Staff may not enter the drawing.
*This contest will end at midnight on March 13th, 2003.
*Drawing will take place sometime on March 13th, 2003.
*The winner will be notified by E-mail on the same day of the drawing.
*The winner must be willing to give basic information to StupidGuestTricks Staff. Name, address, and phone number will be requested upon reciept of winning. This information will be used only to send the prize to the winner. This information will not be sold.
*The prize will consist of either the Men's White Logo T-Shirt OR the Women's White T-Shirt. Both have a value of $15.99
*Winner must allow 3-4 weeks for delivery.

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

tabacco
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by tabacco » Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:03 am

Okay, here goes. Most people here know that the Plaza Pavilion used to be a restaurant, but is now the Annual Pass processing center. For some reason, a lot of guests can't seem to fully grasp the idea that it's no longer a food location. It doesn’t help that we’re right across from the Plaza Inn and both buildings look pretty similar. It’s not uncommon to have two or three guests per day walk in and try to order something to eat, despite the distinct lack of menus or any sign of food whatsoever. I’ve had quite a few walk up to me and say “I’d like a hamburger, please, and a small coke.” I always look at them and say (while trying not to laugh) “I’m sorry, but we don’t serve food here. This is the annual pass processing center for the resort.” Some apologize, some look at me like I’ve just told them there’s a radioactive wildebeest herd sweeping majestically down Main Street, and some just walk away without saying a thing. One guest (this didn’t happen to me, but to a friend) actually had a woman insist that the sign out front said “Pizza Pavilion,” and demand that we give her a pizza. He had to calmly walk her out and show her that the sign said “Plaza Pavilion” before she’d calm down. Weird, huh?

Lhezzza
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Lhezzza » Fri Mar 07, 2003 1:38 pm

A 700-year-old fresco has been found during restoration work on a south Austrian church with a figure with round ears and pointed nose that one art historian today said bore a striking resemblance to Mickey Mouse.

If true, it would predate the creation of Walt Disney's beloved cartoon character by more than 600 years.

"Now it's all clear", remarked one local hotel owner. "It wasn't Walt Disney who invented Mickey Mouse, but one of our ancestors 700 years ago."

The local tourist bureau speculated the village could become a pilgrimage site for Mickey fans around the world.

The medieval Mickey stands about 50-cm tall among a group of animals and mythical beasts on the outside wall of a church in the village of Malta, in Carinthia Province. The animals surround St Christopher, who is depicted standing in a river.

The fresco dates from around 1300," said conservator and art historian Eduard Mahlknecht. However he said he was not certain the medieval mouse was a mouse at all. "It could just as well be a painting of the weasel legend," he said.

According to legend, the weasel was fertilised through its mouth and gave birth through its ears, which is why the ears of the fresco creature may have been sketched large, Mahlknecht said.

Weeble
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Weeble » Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:50 pm

I was working pirates one night when word came from a lead that we were expecting a "special" visitor and that we would have to cycle out the line as he didn't want anyone to be on the ride when he was on...this could only mean one thing...THE KING OF POP HIMSELF!!! I had met MJ once when I was about 12 years old, when he was closer to normal than he is now. He even shook my hand and everything, but he had come a long way since then baby! We had to cycle out the ride which meant closing off the line, letting everyone in line ride and waiting for the last rider to exit. A total time of about an hour and a half, the whole time we had to post at the entrance and let people know that we were going down for some unspecified reasons and that they should check back. Of course rumors fly amongst the guests and it was known that MJ was in the park so we had a huge crowd out front hoping for a glimpse at the gloved one. I was lucky enough to be at unload when he actually came on, he was wearing his surgical mask and had 3 kids in tow along with an entourage that filled 3 boats. He rode the attracction happy as a clam and when it was over he disappeared into the night leaving us all to answer guest questions and complaints about the Attraction closure!

Comedian and Writer
http://www.alfredmuller.com

LittleDollClaudia
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Sat Mar 08, 2003 9:40 pm

I remember the one night I was working at Rancho De Zocolo.(sp?) I got called in as usual. Of course, because I worked in Foods I could work anywhere, right? Such is the Disney mentality. It had been rather busy and I received about five minutes of training. I was filling orders and running back and forth when the lead told me to go on break. I was happy as it was when the fireworks were starting. I'm out there watching the show and I hear Tinkerbell coming down quick. I hear her screaming,"Damnit, someone had better be down there to catch me or I am going to kick some ass." Then I hear an "Oof" as she smacks into the high tech mattresses that are set up around the platform. I started to laugh as she staggered away. I know it was mean but you would think that with the technology in the park they would have a easier way for her to land safely. Every time I see the show now, I hear her voice in my head and I giggle. Oh well. The benefits of being a CM are endless. :wink:

^^ Hey, that's me! ^^