Pet Peeve

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Epeyon
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Pet Peeve

Post by Epeyon » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:06 am

hhsrat wrote:HLN ran a piece today saying that visitors to theme parks yesterday encountered busy places and long lines. Apparently, this passes for "news" to a major cable network.
I saw that while on break at MK. I think everybody looked up and kind of laughed. They showed an aerial shot of the TTC to show how crowded it was, except they only got a single sub-lot in frame. Because that'll never fill up.

Does anybody know if there were phase closings yesterday?

Alyssa3467
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Alyssa3467 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:54 pm

felinefan wrote:The only way to get to L.A. from the O.C. in less than an hour is go to John Wayne Airport and fly!
Not if you factor in going through the security checkpoint and all the other hassles of flying. ;)
felinefan wrote:There's also people who, when you cross in a crosswalk on one side, someone else crosses from the other side, and they are coming towards you; you move to one side to get out of their way, and they move over to your side, like thy're trying to run into you! What are they thinking?????
I pretty much always step to my right in this scenario, and I don't entirely understand why the other person would step to their left (especially if it's at Disneyland, and especially Cast Members), but they sometimes do. :rolleyes:
DisneyMom wrote:So Disneyland CAN Control the weather :eek:
It rained for much of the day of the Disney Family Holiday Party on December 12, but it stopped as the park was being cleared of day guests. :D:

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:30 pm

I'm not sure about today but on the 28th another website posted up that every park but Epcot was in Phase 2 closing. The only thing I've seen floating around today is the very long wait times for the parks, again Epcot seems to be the lowest crowd just based off those.

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:33 pm

Alyssa3467 wrote:It rained for much of the day of the Disney Family Holiday Party on December 12, but it stopped as the park was being cleared of day guests. :D:
Private party Dec. 13th had not one drop of rain. Not even cold as in years past. :cool: Thank you Mickey & God.

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Epeyon
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Epeyon » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:38 am

Darksin wrote:The only thing I've seen floating around today is the very long wait times for the parks, again Epcot seems to be the lowest crowd just based off those.
Epcot just has a higher capacity, think all those nice wide open pathways in World Showcase and leading there from Futureworld.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:07 pm

hobie16 wrote:It was probably the same genius that determined:

- Driving is all about expectations: Motorists making a right turn onto a busy street are going to be looking left, not right, to make sure the coast is clear. They’re not going to see the wrong-way cyclist until his or her face is smashed against their windshield.
- Because of the increased momentum of a head-on crash, the impact from a driver hitting you will be more severe than if you are to get, say, sideswiped.
- If you ever want to make a right turn, you’re going to have to move to the other side of the street anyway. How safe will you feel crossing in front of two lanes of oncoming traffic?

Riding against traffic may seem like a good idea because you can see the cars that are passing you, but it's not. Here's why:

Cars which pull out of driveways, parking lots, and cross streets (ahead of you and to the left), which are making a right onto your street, aren't expecting traffic to be coming at them from the wrong way. They won't see you, and they'll plow right into you.
- How the heck are you going to make a right turn?
- Cars will approach you at a much higher relative speed. If you're going 15mph, then a car passing you from behind doing 35 approaches you at a speed of only 20 (35-15). But if you're on the wrong side of the road, then the car approaches you at 50 (35+15), which is more than twice as fast! Since they're approaching you faster, both you and the driver have lots less time to react. And if a collision does occur, it's going to be at a faster relative speed.
- Riding the wrong way is against the law and you can get ticketed for it.

One study showed that riding the wrong way was three times as dangerous as riding the right way, and for kids, the risk is seven times greater.

Nearly one-fourth of crashes involve cyclists riding the wrong way. Some readers have challenged this, saying if 25% of crashes are from going the wrong way, then riding the right way is more dangerous because it accounts for 75% of crashes. That idea is just wrong. First off, only 8% of cyclists ride the wrong way, yet nearly 25% of them get hit -- meaning wrong-way cyclists really are three times more likely to get hit than those who ride the proper way. Second, the problem with wrong-way biking is that it promotes crashes, while right-way biking does not. For example, cyclists running stop signs or red lights is 17% of their crashes. But do we therefore conclude that not running signals causes 83% of crashes?! (Hint: No.)
Thanks, Hobie. Sometimes my brain freezes up and can't think through some things, it just gets stuck on "This is the way we did it when we were kids."

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:27 pm

In my mind...riding the "wrong way" is not so others can see you, it's so you can see oncoming traffic and get the hell out of the way. When coming from behind one often doesn't even know a danger exists until they are actually hit.

So, statistics or no...evaluating statistics or not...I would always opt to be able to see my enemy coming at me, thank you!

Not to worry though...I haven't ridden a bicycle in years. My Father used to always say that it was foolish to peddle like hell just to give your ass a ride. :D:

:goofy: :goofy:

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:35 am

What was the picture? All I see is an image that says, "I steal other people's images."

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:32 pm

It seems the park attendance is back to normal. I was at the MK yesterday and it appeared to be at only a little bit over half of capacity.

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:44 pm

avengador1 wrote:It seems the park attendance is back to normal. I was at the MK yesterday and it appeared to be at only a little bit over half of capacity.
Makes sense...lot's of folks headed home and back to work tomorrow.

:goofy: :goofy: