Snappy Answers or aka Screwing with Guests

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
IRSmart1
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Snappy Answers or aka Screwing with Guests

Post by IRSmart1 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:15 am

TSR6 wrote:Downtown Disney has these nice signs along the parking lot that say "NO PARKING, STANDING or WAITING" I was just getting off a shift the other day at Disney Quest, and saw someone parked in front of one of these signs obviously waiting for someone ( looking out the passenger window.

I walked up to the sign, and just stood there.

I looked at the sign, then at the parked guest. Looked at the sign again, then back to the guest. Leaned over a bit, looked at the sign, then the guest... after I turned my head between the sign and the guest about 10 times, the dude finally moved.

My co-cast called me a jerk for doing that to the guy.... I thought it was funny.
I work the parking lots in anaheim, Ca. Although I wouldn't quite have the nerve to do it that way, I still think its hillarious!! ROTFLMAO.

goose
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by goose » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:11 am

SoarWhoreCoCo wrote:OKAY... Um if you had read the original post for this quote, you would understand that:

A. The guest was NOT hearing impared she was being constantly told to stop doing what she and her group were doing.

B. I was telling the other cast member to watch her and her party when she said that

C. She was being a royal B**CH

D. I would NEVER NEVER EVER! speak to any guest like that without being provoked to the point of losing it in the first place. ESpecially with a Guest with disabilities.

:pissed: Know the facts before you jump on someones butt! Remember this is a COMPLIANCE FREE ZONE!
Uh... yeah. Someone doesn't know the meaning of the word context.

TalkingHands
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by TalkingHands » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:30 pm

SoarWhoreCoCo wrote:OKAY....Um if you had read the original post for this quote, you would understand that:

A. The guest was NOT hearing impared she was being constantly told to stop doing what she and her group were doing.

B. I was telling the other cast member to watch her and her party when she said that

C. She was being a royal B**CH

D. I would NEVER NEVER EVER! speak to any guest like that without being provoked to the point of losing it in the first place. ESpecially with a Guest with disabilities.

:pissed: Know the facts before you jump on someones butt! Remember this is a COMPLIANCE FREE ZONE!
Well if I knew where it was I would have read it. Sorry. Oh and how are you going to tell that a person has a hearing loss. We don't all wear hearing aids you know.

:pooh: [font=Lucida Console]Lisbet[/font]

goose
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by goose » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:14 pm

Oh, for Christ's sake...

pixiedust
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by pixiedust » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:20 pm

TalkingHands wrote:Well if I knew where it was I would have read it. Sorry. Oh and how are you going to tell that a person has a hearing loss. We don't all wear hearing aids you know.
Nice job negating the "sorry" by coming down on SoarWhore yet again for something OUT OF CONTEXT to the original quote.

Seriously... it sucks that you have hearing loss.. but get over it (and by get over it, I am refering to the arguing.) Stop making arguments for the sake of making arguments. You misunderstood the context of something, it was pointed out to you, and yet you continue to argue the point.

"'Tis easy enough to be pleasant, when life flows along like a song;
But the man worth while is the one who will smile when everything goes dead wrong."

-Ella Wheeler Wilcox

pixiedust
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by pixiedust » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:26 pm

I like this thread. TalkingHands, please don't get it locked by continuing to cause arguments.

But the man worth while is the one who will smile when everything goes dead wrong."

-Ella Wheeler Wilcox

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:05 am

WHAT ? COULD YOU SPEAK UP, WE COULDN'T HEAR YOU.
TalkingHands wrote:Well if I knew where it was I would have read it. Sorry. Oh and how are you going to tell that a person has a hearing loss. We don't all wear hearing aids you know.

TalkingHands
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by TalkingHands » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:55 pm

pixiedust wrote:I like this thread. TalkingHands, please don't get it locked by continuing to cause arguments.
Since you feel I am the problem I just won't bother to post here any longer. I posted my opinion and was not trying to start any arguements.
I am totally disgusted with these CMs who decided to make it an arguement. I was posting from the point of view who has a hearing loss and has to deal with it on a daily basis. Too bad you all are too dense to understand that.
There are some really nice castmembers that I have known in the years I have been going to WDW. Obviously the ones in this thread are not and I hope their attitudes don't typify to Disney Castmembers as a group.
HAVE A DISNEY DAY!

:pooh: [font=Lucida Console]Lisbet[/font]

pixiedust
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by pixiedust » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:39 pm

TalkingHands wrote:Since you feel I am the problem I just won't bother to post here any longer. I posted my opinion and was not trying to start any arguements.
I am totally disgusted with these CMs who decided to make it an arguement. I was posting from the point of view who has a hearing loss and has to deal with it on a daily basis. Too bad you all are too dense to understand that.
There are some really nice castmembers that I have known in the years I have been going to WDW. Obviously the ones in this thread are not and I hope their attitudes don't typify to Disney Castmembers as a group.
HAVE A DISNEY DAY!
I would hope that my opinion alone wouldn't make you leave a board.. especially considering I am in no way a super-active member of this community anymore.

I am sorry you feel that we are not up to your standard... it really is a pity. The majority of these cast in here are phenominal people.

You were making an argument out of nothing. Once it was pointed out to you, you still made an argument out of it. If that makes us horrible cast members, then you maybe need to rethink your standards for how you view others.

-Ella Wheeler Wilcox

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:24 am

As far as snappy answers go i like to quote a line from a movie i like ,either popular or obscure. Makes them stop and think WTF? Then i try to answer them the best i can. :cool: