What do you do if it rains?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: What do you do if it rains?

Post by turkeyham » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:05 am

When I went on CA Screamin yesterday, it started to sprinkle in large drops. Let me tell you, the guests waiting along in line with us did not care.

I have seen the heavy down pours at the MK and did go inside a store to wait until the storm was over.

My parents told me, if you hear thunder...get under something quick or go into a store. If you don't you will see the liquid sun shine quicker than you think.

In Palmdale, there was a freak thunder storm and a big power outage. The area still has no power right now. I did see the weather today while on break and saw power poles snapped in half. :eek:

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:22 am

beats me, do we get wet or does wet get us?

Corey

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:36 pm

drcorey wrote:beats me, do we get wet or does wet get us?
I suppose it depends on your stance on the philosophy of human interaction with dihydrogen monoxide and the after effect of over use in the collection via a gravity delivery system.

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:50 pm

turkeyham wrote:When I went on CA Screamin yesterday, it started to sprinkle in large drops. Let me tell you, the guests waiting along in line with us did not care.
Haha, I was walking around Paradise Park with my drinks when it started sprinkling. Guests kept asking me if we "turned on" the rain @ DCA since it was so hot that day!

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

LadySiren
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by LadySiren » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:49 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:I suppose it depends on your stance on the philosophy of human interaction with dihydrogen monoxide and the after effect of over use in the collection via a gravity delivery system.
OMG, you are trying to make my head 'asplode! :blowup:

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:26 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:I suppose it depends on your stance on the philosophy of human interaction with dihydrogen monoxide and the after effect of over use in the collection via a gravity delivery system.
Sure, but does it do back flips?

:goofy: :goofy:

February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by February » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:34 pm

I got caught in good downpour in Epcot on Thursday. Being I was driving an ECV for the first time in more than a decade, I wasn't sure what the rain in large amounts would do to it so I just hung out in the gift shop in China till it lightened up.

Then it started up again later, and I ducked under this little spot between a couple of the UK gift shops. A backstage door opened, and someone in jeans and a t-shirt comes out- he looked familiar to me. I looked at him and said "Ooo, what's back there?" teasing. He smiled at me and shrugged and said "nothing interesting back there."

I thought; Yes there is, apparently British Invasion is back there (because this gentleman was one of the group- that was why I recognized him.)

So sometimes you get rained on, and you meet interesting people (even if only for an instant!)

bru

Two things stand like stone:
Kindness in another’s trouble.
Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon

"...and only fireworks will light the sky at night
for all the world can see." ~Keane

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:44 pm

There are days that I tell my sister, if it rains, the cheer leaders will melt and leave the CM's alone. :D:

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:05 pm

darph nader wrote:Best place to be when it rains,Kwajalein. Like walking in a 'warm' shower. Bathing shorts,t-shirt,sandals (mandatory) and a cooler. Pure Nirvana. :cool:
Hey Iv'e been there! although they would not let us leave the aircraft, there was an MP at the bottom of the stairs! Cool looking atoll though !
Similar in climate is Kosrae, one of the next islands along the chain. Drinking however requires purchase of a license!

My view from Kosrae

lilogirl
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by lilogirl » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:50 pm

turkeyham wrote:There are days that I tell my sister, if it rains, the cheer leaders will melt and leave the CM's alone. :D:
:cheerldr: That is funny!