I love all the pretty colors...

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Re: I love all the pretty colors...

Post by delsdad » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:24 pm

I have been remiss in updating you Bru. I had an 8x10 on canvas done at canvaspop. WOW ! It looks great. The colors are perfect, and it looks like you hand painted this canvas ! It was about 50$, And it arrived just 5 days after I ordered it. My next one will be a 20x30 of one of my underwater photos. I cant decide which photo to print. If you've seen my website you will understand why.
February wrote:Wow, you guys really honor me with your interest in my dorky little painting. I hope it lives up to expectations in person I usually stick to flowers! :o:

I'll be happy to send you both the file- prolly tonight I didn't get any sleep last night and I need a nap (up working on screenplay outline, Script Frenzy starts in less than 3 days!!!:eek :) but I will do my best to get it to you quick.

Let me know how the test print comes out Delsdad cause I'd love to order one of a couple of my past paintings that I gave away but have scans of if Wishes turns out decent. I hope the colors come out true. . .it's a very unique shade of blue in the towers (took me several tries to mix it properly) and you know what? I should be sure that it's scanning at the highest possible resolution too before I send you (both of you, you too GaTechGal) the file, I'll play with it and get it to you soon as I can.

you guys are great...

hugs!
bru

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:31 pm

delsdad wrote: My next one will be a 20x30 of one of my underwater photos. I cant decide which photo to print. If you've seen my website you will understand why.
I need to spend less time on the puter. :(
Couldn't figure why someone would paint a guy in his underwear. :eek:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:38 am

darph nader wrote:I need to spend less time on the puter. :(
Couldn't figure why someone would paint a guy in his underwear. :eek:
That's so weird. The first time I read it I thought it ws underwear too. Did a double take and re-read to get the correct word.

My canvas pop should arrive today. As soon as I get it hung, I'll post a photo. Bru's painting is already my computer desktop wallpaper.

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:05 am

Got my canvaspop picture and it's AWSOME. I can't wait to get it framed. May have a photo of it on the wall by next week.

February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by February » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:24 pm

WHOA!

I was just gonna email you guys- was thinking about this last night and wondering how they turned out (been a way crazy month here, missing you guys just haven't had a second to breathe!)

I can't tell you what it means to me that you liked the painting well enough to have it made like that- to pay so much for it. You really don't know what it means.

Especially this week when I got my first manuscript rejection from an agency (granted it wasn't all bad, they said that they'd be open to seeing other work from me) still it makes you doubt your creativity as a whole- especially that first rejection I think. I'm still working up to sending out more query letters now on my writing so to know somebody enjoys one of my paintings so much just means a lot :grouphug:

To know more than one somebody (and not just any somebodys either, you guys!!!) does is even more amazing. I would love, love to see pictures of where you put the canvas prints.

You guys are the best.

Makes me think maybe it's time to get out the paint again and try the Grand. . .*nervously*

ugh, have to run phone ringing, never stops!

thank you so much for the updates!!! :D:

Two things stand like stone:
Kindness in another’s trouble.
Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon

"...and only fireworks will light the sky at night
for all the world can see." ~Keane

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:47 pm

February wrote:Especially this week when I got my first manuscript rejection from an agency (granted it wasn't all bad, they said that they'd be open to seeing other work from me) still it makes you doubt your creativity as a whole- especially that first rejection I think. I'm still working up to sending out more query letters now on my writing so to know somebody enjoys one of my paintings so much just means a lot :grouphug:
Honey if you got a rejection *letter* that's a really good sign. Most writers have to start out with rejection *postcards* that don't have the "send us more" box checked and work their way up.

An award-winning novelist of my acquaintance received a modest inheritance when young. He had long wanted to be a writer, and decided that he would write as long as the money lasted, but if he hadn't made a sale before the money ran out, he would give it up.

He made his first sale when he was down to his last $150.

He didn't start with kind rejection letters either.

Hang in there and keep writing -- you can only get better!

Zazu

February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by February » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:58 pm

Zazu wrote:Honey if you got a rejection *letter* that's a really good sign. Most writers have to start out with rejection *postcards* that don't have the "send us more" box checked and work their way up.

An award-winning novelist of my acquaintance received a modest inheritance when young. He had long wanted to be a writer, and decided that he would write as long as the money lasted, but if he hadn't made a sale before the money ran out, he would give it up.

He made his first sale when he was down to his last $150.

He didn't start with kind rejection letters either.

Hang in there and keep writing -- you can only get better!
Oh, thank you Zazu, your encouragement means so much to me.

Just got an email...

The same agent had her assistant request my second novel manuscript.

The whole thing, not a partial.

If it fails, I'll at least know now she's seen the best I'm capable of at this point in my writing journey.

I can't believe it.

I'm terrified LOL

I know if they don't like the second one that then I'll have to move on to trying to submit to another (likely many other) agents at last but I- I'm in shock. the good kind though.

This is a chance that no matter how it turns out- has to be encouraging.

Remind me that I said that when the second rejection comes okay? LOL I'll need to be reminded.

hugs to you Zazu and to all.

xoxo
bru

Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:57 pm

You've seen Finding Forrester haven't you? It seems like a great motivator for writers.

As for me I'm, I'm heading out to the pit to replace a thermistor on the spa heater. Death to spiders!!

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:16 pm

hobie16 wrote:You've seen Finding Forrester haven't you? It seems like a great motivator for writers.
OOO, I love that movie. Connery was fabulous as usual (except in Medicine Man - and Meteor)

February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by February » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:39 pm

hobie16 wrote:You've seen Finding Forrester haven't you? It seems like a great motivator for writers.

As for me I'm, I'm heading out to the pit to replace a thermistor on the spa heater. Death to spiders!!
hobie (okay i just typed hobit the first time cause i have a cut up finger i'm trying not to type with lol) i haven't seen that one i'll have to look it up i love connery! tyvm for mentioning it!

we went to an art fair today- guys- it was fantasic to see so many pretty things. i have so many ideas for things i can paint now that i can't wait to get back to it...and i got the coolest necklace that's made of tiny watch parts set in resin- totally up my alley now i want to paint some clockworks! first though i told a friend i was going to try to paint a mathmatical equation so i have to try that before i get to my clocks and compasses. hmmm....

sorry for no caps- darn finger!!!

hugs
bru

Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon