Dumbest CM Injuries

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
ectomstr
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Dumbest CM Injuries

Post by ectomstr » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:29 am

my own stupid butt had an accident just minutes after clocking out.

working in Cindy;'s castle is a pain in the keister. at the end of the night, as stewards we're the last to leave. well, the elevator takes too long so i use the stairs. Carrying two boxes of food for myself and some one else, i forgot to cleant he bottom of my shoes. going down concrete stairs with no support, i slipped on my good leg (i have a prosthetic) and fell down four or five stairs, knocking the wind out of me slightly. everyone did what they were suppose to, once someone found me seconds later lol asking if i'm ok and need help, to which i said i was fine embarassed, but fine. the only sore i had was from lifting buckets of water about 10 minutes earlier. but knew i was going to feel it in the morning. ><

and i did.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:51 am

ectomstr wrote:my own stupid butt had an accident just minutes after clocking out.

working in Cindy;'s castle is a pain in the keister. at the end of the night, as stewards we're the last to leave. well, the elevator takes too long so i use the stairs. Carrying two boxes of food for myself and some one else, i forgot to cleant he bottom of my shoes. going down concrete stairs with no support, i slipped on my good leg (i have a prosthetic) and fell down four or five stairs, knocking the wind out of me slightly. everyone did what they were suppose to, once someone found me seconds later lol asking if i'm ok and need help, to which i said i was fine embarassed, but fine. the only sore i had was from lifting buckets of water about 10 minutes earlier. but knew i was going to feel it in the morning. ><

and i did.
Ouch!! I feel for you! I have taken some tumbles from time to time, and its always the next day that is worse!!

Of course, my advice to you is...

A shot of RUM will fix that...TWO if the first dosn't work!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:33 am

Ouch! I can imagine, those backstage stairs aren't designed to be comfortable falling points. Glad you were okay. Worst part is very often that whole looking stupid thing.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Whazzup
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Whazzup » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:33 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Ouch! I can imagine, those backstage stairs aren't designed to be comfortable falling points. Glad you were okay. Worst part is very often that whole looking stupid thing.
The WORST part is when an SG (or anyone) laughs at someone who has fallen or otherwise hurt themself. Oh look, HAHAHAH, that idiot just bumped his head, HAHAHAHA, or rapped his shin on a planter, HAHAHAHA or whatever. People who laugh at someone else's injury are the morons.
Ever watch America's Funniest Videos on TV? Most of what they show is people doing stupid and dangerous things to themselves or each other, and everyone around, especially the person behind the camera, thinks it's so damn funny when someone gets hurt. What ever happened to compassion or sympathy when someone is injured?

Sorry, :soap: I'll step off the soapbox now.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:46 am

Whazzup wrote:The WORST part is when an SG (or anyone) laughs at someone who has fallen or otherwise hurt themself. Oh look, HAHAHAH, that idiot just bumped his head, HAHAHAHA, or rapped his shin on a planter, HAHAHAHA or whatever. People who laugh at someone else's injury are the morons.
Ever watch America's Funniest Videos on TV? Most of what they show is people doing stupid and dangerous things to themselves or each other, and everyone around, especially the person behind the camera, thinks it's so damn funny when someone gets hurt. What ever happened to compassion or sympathy when someone is injured?

Sorry, :soap: I'll step off the soapbox now.
I agree, I have watched that, and stopped. The videos of people falling are just not that funny! I noticed that the MC's try and hype it up. but some are just sad, the other are just being stooopid, almost qualifys some for a darwin award, except they live!

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:14 pm

Get a video of someone:

Getting hit in the crotch by a ball
Landing on their crotch
Getting hit in the crotch by a bat
Getting hit in the crotch by a skateboard
Having a tree fall on their crotch
Etc.

Make a million dollars.

I was in the wrong business.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:31 pm

hobie16 wrote:Get a video of someone:

Getting hit in the crotch by a ball
Landing on their crotch
Getting hit in the crotch by a bat
Getting hit in the crotch by a skateboard
Having a tree fall on their crotch
Etc.

Make a million dollars.

I was in the wrong business.
A social comment on that type was made in a movie call "Idiocracy"

the fake T.V. show in the future was called "OW, my balls" you can guess....

Whazzup
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Whazzup » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:29 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:I agree, I have watched that, and stopped. The videos of people falling are just not that funny! I noticed that the MC's try and hype it up. but some are just sad, the other are just being stooopid, almost qualifys some for a darwin award, except they live!
Some of the videos stop immediately after the injury, which makes you wonder if the person was seriously injured, or got up crying (or swearing) or whether they even survived the injury. Hey Mabel, I got all that on video! We're gonna make a million bucks. Hey Mabel..... Mabel?? :mad:

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:37 pm

Whazzup wrote:Some of the videos stop immediately after the injury, which makes you wonder if the person was seriously injured, or got up crying (or swearing) or whether they even survived the injury. Hey Mabel, I got all that on video! We're gonna make a million bucks. Hey Mabel..... Mabel?? :mad:
I would imagine that they dont show the person that was hurt coming over and punching out the laughing camer operator!

iframedroger r
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by iframedroger r » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:15 pm

Being in ODV, i get injured almost daily (usually nothing big, just minor burns or pinches) but my all time favorite was when i was training, we took one of our lunches at the village haus, and had to go down the stairs into the basement to eat, the other cm i was training with slid down the stairs, taking me and my trainer out with ourtrays of food in the process.

It was magical.