Diseased Children...Ugh!!

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Diseased Children...Ugh!!

Post by turkeyham » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:13 am

My friend is a 1st grade teacher and each time she calls me for extra help for grading papers, I asked if any one has chicken pox. I did have a mild case and I had to take time off from work because fast food places don't want you handling food when you have spots and you are touching the areas that itch. It is not a good idea. :rolleyes:

Christine43
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Christine43 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:01 pm

We visit WDW once a year and it is a much anticipated and loved trip. That being said, if my son had chicken pox (in the contagious stage) or a severe illness that could make others sick, I'd keep him in the hotel room until it passed. As far as the contagian, it might not be a bad idea for those who are recovering from chicken pox to get a letter from the dr. confirming it as uncontagious. However, if my son has a cold and taking over the counter meds., we're going to the park just as he'd go to school that day if we were home.

Sarah Magdalene
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Sarah Magdalene » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:56 pm

disneyprincess1988 wrote:Why would anyone think of doing that? I was kept indoors the whole week I was sick with chicken pox as a kid. Not only that, chicken pox can kill if it gets serious enough. Geesh, the brainless people that are roaming the Earth these days.
*sigh* You'd be surprised!

The SG's spend THOUSANDS on their vacation and can never think of letting Jr. SG stay in the room.

[font=Comic Sans MS]"I don’t think I’ve ever made that big a fool of myself, which is really saying something, because I’ve performed at theme parks."[/font]
- Blaine Anderson, GLEE

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:11 pm

When we went on vacation last month, we got sick in the day time and stayed back at our room. If you were to loose your cookies, the bathroom would be nearby. We all believe in flat gingerale for flu like illnesses. :)

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:18 pm

turkeyham wrote:We all believe in flat gingerale for flu like illnesses. :)
I like Cytomax. It's like Gatorade but tastes better. It's got simple carbs, sodium, electrolytes and potassium.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:50 am

I used to see Japanese guests wearing germ masks if they had a cold or something. I wish other people were as considerate. That way if you cough or sneeze, it doesn't spread to someone else.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:48 am

felinefan wrote:I used to see Japanese guests wearing germ masks if they had a cold or something.
We still see this @ DLR often in late fall & most of the winter. Mostly Japanese girls wear these masks. Have seen very few guys with masks. Many of these guests attend a J C which teaches English then focuses on G E studies once the student passes their English exams. Think they have to score 750 or higher. Their Drs are in Japan & they fly back if needed, so the masks are also worn to prevent a trip to Japan. This info comes directly from Santa Ana College Foreign Student Housing Coordinator.

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:37 am

felinefan wrote:I used to see Japanese guests wearing germ masks if they had a cold or something. I wish other people were as considerate. That way if you cough or sneeze, it doesn't spread to someone else.
We have a Japanese guy here in the office that does that. I saw quite a few people wearing them in the train stations in Tokyo. Not a bad idea if you ask me!

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

ForJustADollarMore
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by ForJustADollarMore » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:57 am

When I first started in the vacation rental industry - I was a cleaner. The FIRST WEEK I started cleaning, I caught RINGWORM!

I was purely disgusted - If you had ringworm in while you were on vacation, WHY WOULDN'T YOU CALL THE OFFICE AND LET THEM KNOW! It's not fair to the cleaners!

But now I am no longer a cleaner. I'm the Office... uhhh... Everything! lol

"So, do you like, get tickets for free because you live in Orlando?"

"Yes, sir! It's like the welfare office but you have to have Mickey tattooed on your left calve to prove your identity"

"Did it hurt?... Let me see it!"

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:44 pm

ForJustADollarMore wrote:I'm the Office... uhhh... Everything!
Do you mean gofer? :D:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.