CM's that got fired.

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Rockies1977
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: CM's that got fired.

Post by Rockies1977 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:15 pm

I was curious, Zazu. I know that it is comparing apples and oranges, depending on the CM code of conduct and other such issues with different kinds of companies. I have worked in various low-wage jobs early in my work life, so I went through different aspects of how one should conduct oneself, depending on a certain work atmosphere. Other than that security job, in which I decided not to return because of really bad decision-making then, I managed to do well in the other ones.

There were times I had to make choices in which I had to "over-ride" my managers' decisions in a couple of those past jobs. I do not like having to do that at all, but there were times that they saved my butt and others under me from unnecessary grief. I would never try to risk myself doing that, unless I have absolutely no other choice.

So, it seems that there are ways Disney is willing to help you here, should some scenarios get out of hand. And, having a union on the CMs' side helps, too, to some degree.

PirateGirl
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by PirateGirl » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:47 pm

A friend of mine works at King's Dominion and she told me this story. This one lady, who also worked at the Park, worked one of the games. The games usually cost about $2 to play. Well this girl charged an extra $3 and kept it for herself. Sad thing is, they didn't find out about this for at least 2 months. When they did find this out, they didn't fire her. They transferred her to one of the stores. Then they noticed things went missing. The manager suspected this girl and got the security guard to search her backpack. They found the items she had planned to smuggle out for the day. This time they fired her. All's well that ends well I guess. Personally, I think they should have fired her for the first offense.

~Why is the rum always gone?

~Whoever said, "Dead men tell no tales" have obviosly never worked as a forensic investigator

~Savvy?

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:04 pm

PirateGirl wrote:The games usually cost about $2 to play. Well this girl charged an extra $3 and kept it for herself. Sad thing is, they didn't find out about this for at least 2 months. When they did find this out, they didn't fire her. They transferred her to one of the stores.
She bounced the price and people payed? They should have moved her to marketing.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

BarryH
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by BarryH » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:46 pm

I work at another company, but we had an employee who was fired. One day he was here and the next, he was gone! About a year later, people were in the break room and they saw him on Dateline's "To Catch a Predator!" Like the other predators, he was busted and hauled off the jail!

The Tao of Steve

1.) Eliminate your desires
2.) Do something excellent in her presence
3.) Retreat

CycloneMan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: DAK
Department: Ops
Position: Coordinator

Post by CycloneMan » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:36 pm

I go to school with a girl who works at the Zoo too. She was switched departments because of my sup, and she HATES him! All she ever does is complain to me and my friends about the Zoo. And at work, she starts with him, everyone else, and never does what she's supposed to (that's when she comes in). She was cought standing in the middle of an exhibet with a rake in one hand, and a cell phone in the other, and she stood there for ten minutes just yapping away on her phone! Managment has tried to fire her numurous times and she always finds a way to stay! I wish she'd just get fired allready!
-Dainan

PirateGirl
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by PirateGirl » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:41 pm

hobie16 wrote:She bounced the price and people payed? They should have moved her to marketing.

LOL. Yeah, I suppose they should have. Last my friend heard of this girl, she got hired at our mall, and then fired when securtiy cameras caught her shop-lifting perfume. Some people just never learn, do they?

~Whoever said, "Dead men tell no tales" have obviosly never worked as a forensic investigator

~Savvy?

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:46 pm

We had an employee who threatened a guy while she was driving with a grenade, recently she was spotted with another woman doing some recon on a local airport. Needless to say the FBI have talked to her a few times :)

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:51 am

CycloneMan wrote:She was cought standing in the middle of an exhibet with a rake in one hand, and a cell phone in the other, and she stood there for ten minutes just yapping away on her phone! Managment has tried to fire her numurous times and she always finds a way to stay! I wish she'd just get fired allready!
-Dainan
Maybe they will get lucky and she will get run over by a rhino.

PirateGirl
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by PirateGirl » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:57 am

mechurchlady wrote:Maybe they will get lucky and she will get run over by a rhino.
A rhino? You're too kind. How about an elephant? Or even better, get gored by the tusks. Yes, I'm a bit sick sometimes. I like blood ang gore stories.

~Savvy?

CycloneMan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: DAK
Department: Ops
Position: Coordinator

Post by CycloneMan » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:11 pm

PirateGirl wrote:
mechurchlady wrote:Maybe they will get lucky and she will get run over by a rhino.
A rhino? You're too kind. How about an elephant? Or even better, get gored by the tusks. Yes, I'm a bit sick sometimes. I like blood ang gore stories.
I wish both, but I'd love to see her "play" with the Leopard. Tomorrow is are soft opening of The Reptile Wing, before Media Day. Maybe I'll throw her into the Aligator tank.

-Dainan