Dont Stand On My Cart!

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
DevilDuckie
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Dont Stand On My Cart!

Post by DevilDuckie » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:24 pm

drcorey wrote:geez, whats next, don't pee in our bushes?

One of my all time favorite Disney moments was when I was standing in line for Big Thunder and the CM came on the loudspeaker and in a long suffering, slightly baffled voice said, "If, while standing in line you happen to look around and discover that you have climbed into one of our planters, please get out, because... you're standing in a planter."

It was polite, and gentle and you could just tell his inner voice was anything but.

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:05 pm

Oh geez, the other day at Tomorrowland Terrace, I saw a lady standing on a chair to watch the Jedi Training Academy and I had to tell her to get off because it was for her safety (and C-3PO clearly stated MULTIPLE times that "there is to be no standing on chairs. None at all!"). She then had the gall to ask me if she could stand on the wall, which was even higher than the chair. :confused: Is the word "safety" a foreign word to English speakers now?

No, of course you can stand on that wall! Why fall 1.5 feet when you can fall 5! :) Gravity's awesome!

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:18 pm

Can someone tell me what happen in Frontierland on Sunday? BTRR went down at least 5 times. Twice in 2 hours and not working for a long period of time. Also some food areas loosing power to their registers?

My friends in Vending said that the computers were freezing up and were not working through out the day.

Did anyone else have these problems?

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:09 pm

turkeyham wrote:Can someone tell me what happen in Frontierland on Sunday? BTRR went down at least 5 times. Twice in 2 hours and not working for a long period of time. Also some food areas loosing power to their registers?

My friends in Vending said that the computers were freezing up and were not working through out the day.

Did anyone else have these problems?
Dunno, but we had *just* pulled up to exit the ride and it went down, so I guess we might have done it ;)

.......OR- There were 2 ducks having a tryst in the pond near the loading area,maybe they complained they didn't have any privacy :p:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:32 pm

:eek: Ducks should get a room or the bushes on TSI.

I am just waiting for one of those carts to take off down a hill with a SG attached to it.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:48 pm

I have seen CM at the Mark Twain River Boat landing remove SG from the dock area. These SG think they can see Fantasmic from that area.

It is like billy is sitting on the railing over looking the drop on Splash Mountain.
The ride might look cool from there, but if you fall off and hit a log at the same time, billy will be in a body bag. Think twice folks. Safety is #1.
If you do something that is unsafe and you get injured, Disney is not going to cover for you. :mad:

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:27 pm

turkeyham wrote:I have seen CM at the Mark Twain River Boat landing remove SG from the dock area. These SG think they can see Fantasmic from that area.
I had to do that a couple of times while working Fantasmic!! It seems that trashcans in front of the entrance means nothing.

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:16 pm

DLRFantasmic!Dan wrote:It seems that trashcans in front of the entrance means nothing.
DLRDan, you know trash cans attract SG not stop them. :rolleyes: Have seen this so often. Seems a challenge to those we put them there for.

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:04 am

Yeah, trashcans in front of an attraction entrance just means its part of the Disney Park Hurdle Challenge. I thought everybody knew that. :p:

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.