I love all the pretty colors...

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: I love all the pretty colors...

Post by Lasolimu » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:10 am

February wrote:hope this makes sense no coffee yet must get coffee. I think pixie dust must in truth be a caffeine based substance...caffeine and sugar (hence why they call those candy things 'pixie stix'.
Don't forget Sprite or Fairy Floss on the sugar side of it. :p:

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Monorail_Red
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: Monorails
Position: Former CM

Post by Monorail_Red » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:06 pm

Awesome job with the paintings!!! :D:

Regards,
Monorail_Red

The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company.

Saint March
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Saint March » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:46 pm

GaTechGal wrote:Holy cow Bru that is AWSOME!!! Seriously, can you get that made into a print? I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to have it in my office (which is known around the company as the Disney shrine). I think it's really fantastic. You keep up the good work gal. You've got talent.
I saw Bru's print job. It came out great! Our scanner really does a nice job catching all the colors and brush strokes. I think you'll enjoy it. It really is a sweet and adorible piece of art. Like hobie, I especially love the happy little balloon floating in the foreground :)

[font="Century Gothic"]Welcome aboard our highway in the sky. Our next stop is the Magic Kingdom.[/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by February » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:49 pm

Lasolimu wrote:Don't forget Sprite or Fairy Floss on the sugar side of it. :p:
And Lucky Charms...they are magically delicious after all (and no I'm not on the General Mills payroll) :D:

The print did turn out pretty well, first one the background was too light but I was able to adjust the settings on the printer and so it's all about as close as I think you can get. I've learned from past attempts I can never repeat a painting exactly so this is the way to go. . .hope to get something new in the works over the weekend (Illuminations or I'd really like to try the Grand Floridian...)

and thanks, Monorail Red for the kind words! :)

hugs to all
bru

Two things stand like stone:
Kindness in another’s trouble.
Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon

"...and only fireworks will light the sky at night
for all the world can see." ~Keane

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:22 pm

February wrote:So.

I haven't picked up a paint brush since November- because in December I suffered that major setback with my vision and it's been a difficult adjustment losing so much of the sight in the right eye I'd only just regained through the second set of surgeries.

I should say I hadn't picked one up, until this week.

That's because a buddy sent me some really incredible WDW pictures- fireworks and other gorgeous views- and I was inspired to try painting again for the first time since the setback.

I lack the technical skill (and talent) to create a really accurate rendering- I mean I didn't count the towers before I painted them- I just looked at the picture, thought of all the memories of the castle that I have accumulated in my lifetime and then I tried to paint the associated emotions. My impression of the castle and fireworks.

This is what I came up with...
Love It !

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by delsdad » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:25 pm

February wrote:And Lucky Charms...they are magically delicious after all (and no I'm not on the General Mills payroll) :D:

The print did turn out pretty well, first one the background was too light but I was able to adjust the settings on the printer and so it's all about as close as I think you can get. I've learned from past attempts I can never repeat a painting exactly so this is the way to go. . .hope to get something new in the works over the weekend (Illuminations or I'd really like to try the Grand Floridian...)

and thanks, Monorail Red for the kind words! :)

hugs to all
bru

It might be worth having a look at these folks. http://www.canvaspop.com/
They print using the giclee process, with inkjet on canvas, and are quite reasonable. I plan to have a few samples done there of my underwater shots.

February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by February » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:11 pm

Oh, that is a great website, thanks so much Delsdad! I've never considered ordering professional prints like that (cause I just figured it'd be too expensive) but it's good to know that it can be done (and if anybody here wants to have a canvas print like this of the Wishes painting made on their own I'd be happy to send them the full size scanned file I have of it- cause it's expensive for me to order them but for my SGT buddies I'd be happy to share the art itself).

Very, very cool...I think I have to do that with the painting I did for my eye surgeon I still have the scanned file. . .

hope this makes sense- kid on speakerphone with spouse in background (she's not home obviously) so I'm like really distracted. I am not a good multitasker anymore LOL

bru

Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by delsdad » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:35 pm

February wrote:Oh, that is a great website, thanks so much Delsdad! I've never considered ordering professional prints like that (cause I just figured it'd be too expensive) but it's good to know that it can be done (and if anybody here wants to have a canvas print like this of the Wishes painting made on their own I'd be happy to send them the full size scanned file I have of it- cause it's expensive for me to order them but for my SGT buddies I'd be happy to share the art itself).

Very, very cool...I think I have to do that with the painting I did for my eye surgeon I still have the scanned file. . .

hope this makes sense- kid on speakerphone with spouse in background (she's not home obviously) so I'm like really distracted. I am not a good multitasker anymore LOL

bru
I would love to try it ! If you can send me the file via email I will have them run a small test print and see what sort of a job they do.

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:38 am

Huges thanks to both DelsDad and Bru. Bru, if you can just email me the scan, with your permission, I'd be glad to upload it and order it myself. :D: I've PM'd you my email address.

February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by February » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:15 pm

delsdad wrote:I would love to try it ! If you can send me the file via email I will have them run a small test print and see what sort of a job they do.
Wow, you guys really honor me with your interest in my dorky little painting. I hope it lives up to expectations in person I usually stick to flowers! :o:

I'll be happy to send you both the file- prolly tonight I didn't get any sleep last night and I need a nap (up working on screenplay outline, Script Frenzy starts in less than 3 days!!!:eek :) but I will do my best to get it to you quick.

Let me know how the test print comes out Delsdad cause I'd love to order one of a couple of my past paintings that I gave away but have scans of if Wishes turns out decent. I hope the colors come out true. . .it's a very unique shade of blue in the towers (took me several tries to mix it properly) and you know what? I should be sure that it's scanning at the highest possible resolution too before I send you (both of you, you too GaTechGal) the file, I'll play with it and get it to you soon as I can.

you guys are great...

hugs!
bru

Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon