Snappy Answers or aka Screwing with Guests

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
schunoko
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Snappy Answers or aka Screwing with Guests

Post by schunoko » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:26 am

I have one that I don't know how I got away with. I think the dad realized how stupid he was being. I was grouping on Dumbo and of course, he didn't want to go with his kids and were trying to get them to go together. Well, in order to accompany someone under 7, they have to be 54" tall. The older girl wasn't tall enough.
Me: I'm sorry sir, you're going to have to go with the five year old. She's not tall enough to accompany.
Him: What? But she's seven.
Me: And she can fly by herself, but she's not tall enough to accompany her.
Him: She was tall enough for Indiana Jones.
Me: I understand that, but this is Dumbo. When it becomes Indiana Jones the Flying Archeologist, she'll be tall enough to accompany.

I do NOT know how I got away with it, but, ah...I won't complain.

ph34r.

Socallica
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Snappy Answers or aka Screwing with Cast Members

Post by Socallica » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:32 am

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this one, but it was close enough. Since I couldn't find a place to post this, I'm going to redub this post "Screwing with Cast Members"

Ok, mind you I worked in DL stores for a little more than four years (until my recent termination for which a grievance has been filed). I have the utmost respect for all Cast Members in all departments. Now that I'm an ex CM, I try not to be the @$$hole guest that is so common on this board. In fact today was actually the first time I had been back to DLR as a guest since my dismissal (no, Cast Blast doesn't count).

My friend and I were in WOD returning something she had bought at Cast Blast (didn't fit right). The CM had to call a manager to get approval for the return, and to fix something cuz she entered the wrong discount. She asked another CM what the ext was, the reply was 1994 (I didn't want to post the actual extension, but it's intricate to snappy response). I said "Oh, that was a good year." (I had some good memories from that year). Another CM said, "Yeah, that when you were born?" I wasn't looking at her when she said this, but when I did look at her my face and response were completely deadpan: "Yeah, I'm 10." I don't know how it came out, but her look immediately turned from "kind and helpfull" to "embarrased and 'fuck you'".

She gave me the stupid question, I had to give her the stupid answer. I think I may have crossed a line though, because I kinda feel bad about it.

LittleOriginalOne
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by LittleOriginalOne » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:46 pm

No, I gotta say she deserved that one.

[LEFT][font=Garamond]Kat[/font]

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:53 pm

Well at least at Coaster, screwing with guests is my specality. Even more so than HYS (Perfected that a few months ago, had to move on).

Examples:
-How long is the ride?
Me: Well, not including the underwater part, about 3 and a half hours

(If the response is)-What?

-Yeah, we added the underwater part about the same time as the storms in LA, the ride is themed in LA, so we figured, why not.

-How many loops does it have?

(With a straight, military style face) Me: 37

-What?

(After a pause) Me: Well we figured 38 would be too many...

At G-Force Records (Love to torture them)
-How long is the ride?

Me: What ride?

-The roller Coaster...

Me: What roller coaster?

-The roller coaster in this ride.

Me: Madam/Sir, this is a recording studio, who in their right mind would build a roller coaster inside a recording studio? (Turn to others in line) Does anyone know the answer? (People normally start laughing at the torture I put the person through).

(Deals with two different people, one being younger, the other being scared of the ride)

Person 1: I'm a little scared of the ride.

Me: Nothing to worry about, it's over *Snap my fingers* just like that.

Person 1: I won't fall out will I

Me: Not unless you want too...Wait how old are you?

Person 1: *Gives age*

Me: *Find someone in a row that is obviously younger* How old are you?

Person 2: *Gives the age*

Me: *Simply glances and roll eyes a little, to joke with the other person*

---------
The last one is a lot better in person, but you still get the idea.

Know it doesn't pertain to the topic but we have an Eagles fan who works with us (Born and raised in Philly). Came up to him and started doggin him today for a bit about the Eagles losing and I asked him, "What's the difference between a Gerbil and the Eagles?"

Him: "What?"

Me: "Well, for one, the gerbil could beat the patriots"

Him: "You better watch yourself or you'll get a philly beat down"

Me: "Any time you feel froggy you just go ahead and jump on over here. Cause' I swear, I will go southern on you and start flingin ford hubcaps"

(No offence to the southerners. I was born and raised here in Florida and apparently everyone thinks I have a southern accent, when I don't, I have a mid western-ish accent, my family was born in Okalahoma, so go figure that I have a southern accent from that.)

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:59 pm

schunoko wrote: Me: I understand that, but this is Dumbo. When it becomes Indiana Jones the Flying Archeologist, she'll be tall enough to accompany.

Hey HEY! FYI! He did fly! It was in one of the books and he was flying an airship but still, he flew!

Don't worry, Im on some medication for acute sinusitis (Sever sinus infection) that makes me a little goofy at times (Not that anyone could tell the difference between when Im on and off the meds but...)

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

trojantuba
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by trojantuba » Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:24 pm

Polar33 wrote: but how in the heck do they pull off the "Dragon Won't Go Back Down" scenario?
I've seen it at the MGM studios, what they do there is...

Ignore it and keep going with the rest of the show :cool:

not as spectacular as one would hope, but then niether is their Fantasmic... :p:

-"You know when Disneyland opened in 1955 nothing went right"
-"Yes John but when the Pirates of The Carribean Breaks down the pirates don't eat the tourists"

-(At the Indy queue) And over there we have Patrick...either that or Indiana Jones has really let himself go.

trojantuba
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by trojantuba » Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:36 pm

[quote="IndyandMarion"]
Know it doesn't pertain to the topic but we have an Eagles fan who works with us (Born and raised in Philly). Came up to him and started doggin him today for a bit about the Eagles losing and I asked him, "What's the difference between a Gerbil and the Eagles?"[quote="IndyandMarion"]

Me: "Any time you feel froggy you just go ahead and jump on over here. Cause' I swear, I will go southern on you and start flingin ford hubcaps"

Shortly after I joined the USC band, I was working at Jungle Cruise on a Sun. after USC had beaten Washington St. So I sat there with my USC tie pin on ( I used to take the themeing thing to the hilt) I noticed a guy with a WSU hat and as he exited out of the boat I asked no one in particular

Anyone know how to keep a Cougar(WSU's mascot) out of your backyard ?(scilence)
Put up goal posts !!!

I drove away singing a little Tribute To Troy
**********************************************************Skipper Kyle would wait for a group of Detroit Lions Fansto come on his boat and at the Veldt scene would say something like..and Lions...although I can't understand what Lions are doing here, I thought you had to win a Super Bowl Before you got to go to Disneyland. I took that one step further by adding in Wolverenes after the Rose Bowl...

-"Yes John but when the Pirates of The Carribean Breaks down the pirates don't eat the tourists"

-(At the Indy queue) And over there we have Patrick...either that or Indiana Jones has really let himself go.

trojantuba
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by trojantuba » Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:56 pm

IndyandMarion wrote:Why can't I get two fastpasses for here and Tower?
Because it's only one fastpass per attraction per hour.
Well that stupid, that's not how Universal does it.
Last I checked this wasn't universal so we do things different.
This happened while I was H.I.S.T.A greeter

Guest:
(This one is kind of dated but you get the idea)
Where can I get a fastpass for E.T. ?

Me:
Well what you wanna do is go go down to Main St. Take your car get on the I-5 take that to the 101 exit at Universal Studios Dr. Pay for parking, pay for a ticket to Universal Studios, take the big escalator down to the lower level turn right and....they don't have fastpass

It had been a long day.

trojantuba
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by trojantuba » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:12 pm

The last one is a lot better in person, but you still get the idea.

Know it doesn't pertain to the topic but we have an Eagles fan who works with us (Born and raised in Philly). Came up to him and started doggin him today for a bit about the Eagles losing and I asked him, "What's the difference between a Gerbil and the Eagles?"

Shortly after I joined the USC band, I was working at Jungle Cruise on a Sun. after USC had beaten Washington St. So I sat there with my USC tie pin on (I used to take the themeing thing to the hilt) I noticed a guy with a WSU hat and as he exited out of the boat I asked no one in particular,

"Anyone know how to keep a Cougar (WSU's mascot) out of your backyard?(scilence) Put up goal posts!!!"

I drove away singing a little Tribute To Troy
**********************************************************Skipper Kyle would wait for a group of Detroit Lions Fansto come on his boat and at the Veldt scene would say something like..and Lions...although I can't understand what Lions are doing here, I thought you had to win a Super Bowl Before you got to go to Disneyland. I took that one step further by adding in Wolverenes after the Rose Bowl...

trojantuba
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Warning!!! May Offend!!!

Post by trojantuba » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:23 pm

This post might be offensive to some people..consider yourself warned. I hold no responsibility for anyone that continues to read after this.

I'll put this in Snappy Answers and the Admins. can decide if they want to move it somewhere else later.

My friend was working his last shift in Stores. Managment in thier typical Disney fashion had decided to put him in the place he hated the most and that was last on his preference.

The Emporium...

So..by the end of my friend's eight hours my friend had about had it with people. When this African American person...comes up and pushes thier way to the front of the line P.Oing everyone off.

My friend tried explaining that the end of the line was somewhere very far away from where this guest was standing and to please join the back of the line. The guest begins screaming four letter words,making a huge scene and starts just being generally unpleasent accusing my friend of being racist, my friend takes one look at her and says...

Look...you just went in front of all these people, you're wrong...why are you cursing in front of these families

I told you to get to the back of the line not the back of the bus..now please move.

The "guest" went straight to city hall (was an AP) but by the time Management got word of it my friend had gone home never to return...

I HAD to tell that story..