Wallaby Stops Flaming

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Re: Wallaby Stops Flaming

Post by Zazu » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:52 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Dinner with you and KidAtHeart was very fun, Zazu.
We enjoyed it as well. Y'all have the same warped sense of humor in meatspace you display here.
Expect me to take you up on your unofficial tour soon. I have some friends in buses that would probably love to come along... at least one or two. I may become your tour-booking company shortly here.
Only too happy to oblige. I do try to limit my "Misguided Tours" to five guests so everyone can hear me without my shouting loud enough to bother other guests, but there's no limit on how often I'll offer the tour.
What was the name of that book you mentioned, or the author, who wrote all the information about Disney, both official and not?
The working title is "Why is the Sidewalk on Main Street Red?" The author is me. Don't have a publication date yet. Probably a year off or more.

(Note: This book is unrelated to "What Time is the 3 O'Clock Parade?" which is a compilation of SGT posts. This project isn't moving ahead as fast.)

Zazu

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:48 pm

BRWombat wrote:Heh. Actually I'm counting on him to continue mellowing, as I did from the previous generation. Some of my father's college pranks make my hair curl -- kidnapping people and dropping them out in the countryside after dark, far from civilization, or separating couples on their wedding nights. I was very nice and tame in comparison. (And it was good for me, in a sense -- when I'd get caught at anything, my dad might not approve, but he'd always understand!)

There was a sense of cosmic justice in all this. In later life, my dad ended up as a residence hall director at the same university! It was pretty funny to him that he'd be one to end up enforcing the rules!
Did you ever go 'snipe' hunting??? :twisted:

vixen101485
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by vixen101485 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:59 pm

OK...I will bite...."why is the sidewalk on Main street red?" is that sarcasm or genuine trivia?. Do you know I just never thot about it hard enuf to ask but now I have this aching need to know.

BW....we need to get Zazu over to that ask a stupid question answer thread on DWT. I am sure you would be very entertaining on it Zazu. LOL :D: I am getting more and more afriad to meet you 2. :p: Thank goodness it is on different nites. Don't know if I could handle you both at the same time...LOL

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:08 pm

vixen101485 wrote:OK...I will bite...."why is the sidewalk on Main street red?" is that sarcasm or genuine trivia?.
I know, I know!

It is because you are on the red carpet. Entering the Magic Kingdom (and I believe DL) is like walking into a theatre. The train station is the curtain, you go through and you are on stage. You are a VIP getting the red carper treatment, hence the red road.

That's not worded to well but hopefully you get the gist of what I'm saying. I'm sure Zazu can word it better then me.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Zazu » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:09 pm

vixen101485 wrote:OK...I will bite...."why is the sidewalk on Main street red?" is that sarcasm or genuine trivia?. Do you know I just never thot about it hard enuf to ask but now I have this aching need to know.
Actually, I have about seven stories that purport to explain the color. One or more may be true, I don't know.

This is the great part about my "Misguided Tour" -- I call it a collection of stories (not trivia or history), thus I don't have to promise they're all true! (Nor do any research.)

As for the stories, you'll have to take my Misguided Tour to find out. (That, or wait for the stupid book to come out.)
BW....we need to get Zazu over to that ask a stupid question answer thread on DWT. I am sure you would be very entertaining on it Zazu.
I might be up for that at times. Where is that?

Zazu

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:17 pm

I will definately have to go on your misguided tour, Zazu, when I eventually move down there or do it the next time I visit if I am able to.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

vixen101485
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by vixen101485 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:20 pm

I would love to take one. Maybe when we come back in December or if you want to give us one of the Contemp next week that might be interesting. LOL

here ya go.....
http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/forums ... style.html

Idea is ...pretend you are a CM or other innocent bystander being asked a stupid question by a guest and your job is to give them your best (g-rated/sometimes PG) answer back. OH WAIT! You probably do that daily anyway... :D: I get a lot of my material on here and evil board X. LOL

Like the pic btw Zazu. Very handsome and debonair you are.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Zazu » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:33 pm

vixen101485 wrote:Like the pic btw Zazu. Very handsome and debonair you are.
Thanks. I've been practicing.

Zazu

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:54 am

BRWombat wrote:I love it. I've had several teachers and professors I enjoyed tormenting like this. Just the other day I was regaling my older son with the story of how I and some friends painted a life-size caricature of my high school physics teacher as a superhero on a wall in his classroom -- without permission -- and got away with it.

Good times, good times.
I had a High school science teacher who used to hit us with pop quizzes at odd intervals and with no notice. But the first was the funniest. We walked into class and he told us to put away our books for a "quizzie". When he handed it out it was about 10 pages long. One of the gals from the back of the room looked at this huge quizzie and rermarked loudly "If this is what you call a Quizzie I want to see your Testies". :dropmouth : :eek: About the time she realized what she had said, she turned beet red and I don't remember her saying a single word for the rest of the year. :D:

Randy

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:07 am

Randy B wrote:I had a High school science teacher who used to hit us with pop quizzes at odd intervals and with no notice. But the first was the funniest. We walked into class and he told us to put away our books for a "quizzie". When he handed it out it was about 10 pages long. One of the gals from the back of the room looked at this huge quizzie and rermarked loudly "If this is what you call a Quizzie I want to see your Testies". :dropmouth : :eek: About the time she realized what she had said, she turned beet red and I don't remember her saying a single word for the rest of the year. :D:

Randy
Now she just posts on some internet board using the name with initials of ICSP...

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."