Here's Your Sign: The Disney Saga

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
bpgstudios
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Here's Your Sign: The Disney Saga

Post by bpgstudios » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:27 pm

Second-hand HYS from Night of Youknowwhat

Location Toontown Rope, telling people toontown is closed for the event.

SG: Is toontown closed?
CM: Yes, toontown is closed unfortunately.
SG: So Space Mountain is closed?
CM: No, Space Mountain is open, it's in tomorrowland down thatway.
SG: Why are the racecars running then? (meaning Indy Speedway)
CM: Because that attraction is in tomorrowland.
SG: But you said tomorrowland was closed...
CM: No, toontown is closed. Tomorrowland is open.
SG: So then Space Mountain is closed?
CM: Yes.

SG: (Under small world marquee) Where is "it's a small world"?
CM: Right here.
SG: No, "it's a small world"...where is it?
CM: OK what you want to do is go down to your left, through the breezway to liberty square. stay to your left and when you reach the center of the park, go straight across towards cosmic rays, when you get to the teacups, make a left past winnie the pooh, snow white, around the carousel and infront of dumbo, until you see Peter Pan's flight on your left. It's directly across the street. *points up hoping they get the joke and realize they sent them in a circle*
SG: *walks away as a rotation goes through*

I dont know how true these stories are since I heard them secondhand. Either way, their still hilarious.

"Where is 21?"
-Before 22?

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:20 pm

felinefan wrote:As for Californians being dumber--I'd have to say, it depends on which Californians you're talking about. Yeah, we got our share of airheads and space cadets, but don't forget we have a number of fine educational, scientific and cultural attractions, better weather than most of the country, and agriculture is our number one industry (and you thought it was entertainment!). Don't judge a state's people by the rejects you encounter.

Um, look. Here's the deal, you don't want us to judge? How can we not? Listen, Arnold Schwarzenegger is the governer of your state. . .

What else is there to say?

-Lewis Black

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

ThunderCat
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by ThunderCat » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:57 pm

IndyandMarion wrote:Thundercat, didn't recognize me last night I suppose. Didn't know you were an adventurer as well.
Dagnabbit, you should have come over - Taryn and I were having a grand time at the AC!

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:28 pm

After Samantha's show I said hi to you as we were walking out. But like I said, you didn't recognize me.

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

Celerystalker
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Celerystalker » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:30 pm

Alright. I leave in ten days. I promise not to make any stupid guest tricks.
I will NOT ask where the bathroom is. I will whimper and cross my legs while stumbling around like a good guest. :D:
I will NOT ask any CM if it's really a 30 minute wait for TOT.
I will NOT ask any CM what time the 3:00 parade is.
So which attractions are you people working at now so I know who to look for?
I'll be good! I promise!

ThunderCat
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by ThunderCat » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:14 pm

Celerystalker wrote:I will NOT ask where the bathroom is. I will whimper and cross my legs while stumbling around like a good guest. :D:
Feel free to ask where the bathroom is. We don't mind -- just make sure you're not standing in front of the bathrooms when you ask. :D:

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:10 pm

ThunderCat wrote:Feel free to ask where the bathroom is. We don't mind -- just make sure you're not standing in front of the bathrooms when you ask. :D:
Granted, although in all fairness, (and this is coming from a former Custodial host,) some of the restrooms are pretty damn hard to find, even when you are standing right in front of them.

A good example is on our Main Street at DLR. We have four restrooms on Main Street at City Hall, the Bank, behind the dining terrace for Carnation Cafe, and just before the entrance to Tomorrowland behind Plaza Inn. Of those, the Bank restroom is hard to see, and the one at Carnation Cafe you wouldn't be able to find if you don't know about it. Another good example is Critter Country. One restroom for the whole land, and that's hidden on the lower level of Hungry Bear Restaraunt.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:46 am

IndyandMarion wrote:Um, look. Here's the deal, you don't want us to judge? How can we not? Listen, Arnold Schwarzenegger is the governer of your state. . .

What else is there to say?

-Lewis Black
Listen, you weren't living in California when Arnie's predecessor, Gray Davis, was in office. Stupid idiot taxed most of the jobs right out of the state. Since Arnie's been in office, businesses are coming back; now we just need to take care of the illegal immigrant problem, and there should be enough jobs for everyone. So what if he pronounces our state as "Cal-lee-forn-ya", when the correct pronunciation is "Calli-fornya".

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:37 pm

http://www.mouseplanet.com/potties/
That has everything you need or do not need to know about Disneyland restrooms.

Critter Country bathroom is is a dark area and looks like a staff entrance to the restaurant. It says "Powder Room" for the ladies, like what is that lol. It is not someplace you would want to go at night, too dark.

The two restrooms on Tom Sawyer Island are not handicapped assessible.

I seen people walk right past the restrooms at New Orleans Square because of the signage.

Club 33 is in French so I am a Dames, yeah say that to me in the parking lot.

Across from the Matterhorn and near Alice in Wonderland is a bathroom with two exits. Nothing like watching people come out looking for someone they went in with, especially kids.

MY RANT
It has been a couple years but here is what really irked me. They fenced off the entrance to the bathroom under the skyway. Now you have to start at the Autopia entrance and the walk between Innoventions and the hat shop. The doors hang from the ceiling and with time did not fit properly. The first four or five would pop open and one would not stay locked. You walk in, sit down and pop goes the door and your dignity. Complaining did nothing.

And what is it with the big gaps in bathroom doors, kids are staring at me, go away please. Disneyland signage for bathroom is often confusing and they do not use a standard language. How is a foreigner supposed to know that princess, dames, and powder room are for ladies? Great art work but get real and realize that people cannot find bathrooms because you hide them in dark corners, poorly lit areas, use crazy names for restrooms, and do not have signage large enough to be seen by a passerby on the main walk way.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:06 am

felinefan wrote: So what if he pronounces our state as "Cal-lee-forn-ya", when the correct pronunciation is "Calli-fornya".
Actually Arnold does pronounce our state's name almost perfectly. Much better than we do. Use short a in Ca = Ka-lee-for-ne-a is the exact Spanish pronunciation. Maybe LeftCoaster & LittleDollClaudia will whip out their sources & verify for me. ]

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]