Here's Your Sign: The Disney Saga

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Dack48
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Here's Your Sign: The Disney Saga

Post by Dack48 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:57 am

SpaceMagic, are you an Innoventions Cast Member, or in Entertainment? I worked at Innoventions back in 2002 on the College Program! A LOT has changed from my days, but boy do you miss the vest after a while. Are Deidre and John Eric still working there?

~Innoventions- its many things, but theres one thing its not, its Na-Ta-Ride!~

PrincessJasmine1972
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by PrincessJasmine1972 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:45 am

I just got done reading most of this thread and I think its HILARIOUS! Granted I am not a CM and I have never been to WDW or DL, but still..very funny stuff! I love to read stuff like this and thats why I joined this board.. :) Keep the funnies coming!

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:47 pm

A lot of people like to climb to the top of "CALIFORNIA" sculpture in front of DCA and then act like the jungle gym person. They want to get to the top, a great picture and "if Disney did not want them climbing on it there would be a fence or it would not be there".

does anyone know where the restroom is? Oh the door with the lady on it.

IRSmart1
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by IRSmart1 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:07 am

under the mouse's thumb wrote:this one is from a awhile back. i was working in a hotel that has only 2 small elevators for 500 rooms. needless to say, after the fireworks they would become flooded for an hour and we have no stairs to get to the upper levels. guests would become so irate and rude and take out their aggression on the front desk/guest service/ bell staff. one day a particualry nascar type gentleman walked up to a fellow cast member and said " do you know you built this hotel with only 2 elevators???? why did you do this to me??!!!" at which the cm who this comment was being directed said." sir, i only built this hotel to annoy you. that is why i only put 2 elevators in it. it's also why i didn't put any elevators in my parking garage either. i planned this all out over 20 years just to ruin your vacation. my dream is now complete." he was so pissed beyond comprehension that i thought his head was going to explode. the guest then stormed off back towards the elevator line yelling the whole way. other guests then basically told him to shut up.
Oh this is awesome. I would've loved to see the look on the guy's face. :twisted:

"Where did I park? You work here and you don't know where I parked?!"
"Nope, sorry. I forgot to memorize all 15,000 cars' spots as they drove in today." :p:

Employee_formerly_knownas
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Employee_formerly_knownas » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:44 pm

Ahhh yep bask in the infinite stupidity of the Florida tourist!

Disney, I told you i would be back..... The time is now upon us, prepare for the second comming :twisted:

Yeti Chaser
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Yeti Chaser » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:08 pm

PrincessJasmine1972 wrote:I just got done reading most of this thread and I think its HILARIOUS! Granted I am not a CM and I have never been to WDW or DL, but still..very funny stuff! I love to read stuff like this and thats why I joined this board.. :) Keep the funnies coming!
We could never make any of this up. However if we ever compiled all of these tales into a book the book would be:
1) probably longer than War and Peace
2) Listed as fictional humor because very few outside of CM's and and folks like you would believe this could ever happen

Just some thoughts from a stark raving mad CM :sparky: :voodoo: :D:

[font=Comic Sans MS]NAMASTE[/font]

Kwahati
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Kwahati » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:48 am

Yeti Chaser wrote:Just some thoughts from a stark raving mad CM
'But I don't want to go among mad people.'
'Oh you can't help that. We're all mad here. As you can see, I'm not quite all there myself!' :cheshire:

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:26 am

I just thought of one (well, 2 actually) and both came from the same guest.

*Storyline*
I was working at the Teacups with the Tweedles, and it was DARK outside. It was about to rain any second. We went in for tea, and it still hadn't rained yet. Anyway, when we came back out a few minutes later, it started to rain- hard. There was only 2 families in the line, so I told them we would do the 2 families and scram! So I cut the line (cue in SG). I told her we were going in because of the rain and she said "Oh, the rain won't hurt them". (Do you think she would have done a :eek: if I told her how much the costumes cost?). So I am "I'm sorry but we have to go in". Then she says (and this is the really stupid one) "but they are covered" (for the reference, for those who don't know the layout, the "covering" is standing under a tree . And where do you NOT want to stand during a storm? :rolleyes: ). I just look at her, and say again "I'm sorry, but we are going in".

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

tacoboy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by tacoboy » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:18 pm

while on vacation at six flags great adventure:
i was wearing my nametag over civilian clothes and was walking through the park for the first time when a guest comes up to me and asks
guest: excuse me, where is hydra:the revenge?
(GAdv is in NJ, Hydra is in PA)

me: sir, you're in the wrong state!

"Do human beings realize life as they live it? Every... every minute?"

"No. Walt Disney, maybe, but that's about it."

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:43 pm

Employee_formerly_knownas wrote:Ahhh yep bask in the infinite stupidity of the Florida tourist!
Ah not the Florida tourist. My 2 favorites are,

#1 at Hoover dam."Can you still use the water after you've taken the electricty out of it?"

# 2 at Meteor crater in Az."Wow,it just missed the highway."

This is no shit,real questoins/comments made by tourists. :eek: