Official SGT ADD thread

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Official SGT ADD thread

Post by CujoSR » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:38 am

DonutGoddess wrote:http://www.dump.com/2011/07/14/worlds-s ... mph-video/

I think I am nauseous just from watching the video.
Count me in. It's like two coasters in one!

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:26 am

DonutGoddess wrote:http://www.dump.com/2011/07/14/worlds-s ... mph-video/

I think I am nauseous just from watching the video.

Oooo, I wanna ride it!
...that sounds dirty.

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:18 am

I really liked that last one!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:35 am

So I bought those little cups of nacho cheese from the grocery store and a bag of chips. Just had one. Feel like I should charge myself $6 for my order of nachos.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:19 pm

DonutGoddess wrote:So I bought those little cups of nacho cheese from the grocery store and a bag of chips. Just had one. Feel like I should charge myself $6 for my order of nachos.
That's OK. You can pay me.

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

Planner
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Planner » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:50 pm

Why do we pack so much STUFF to travel? We don't really need this crap but yet we bring it. Less every year but still STUFF!

I hate packing

[font="Comic Sans MS"]"You can't just let nature run wild"[/font]
Walt Disney

Wonder if he was thinking about a SG:D:

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:46 am

Planner wrote:Why do we pack so much STUFF to travel? We don't really need this crap but yet we bring it. Less every year but still STUFF!

I hate packing
The worst is having to unpack then put your washing machine into overtime trying to get it all clean again!

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:48 am

Planner wrote:Why do we pack so much STUFF to travel? We don't really need this crap but yet we bring it. Less every year but still STUFF!

I hate packing
The funniest thing I see is rental Mustang convertibles with the top down, loaded to the gunnels with suitcases going down the highway. Dudes, it's Hawaii. Couple t-shirts and shorts, swimsuit, that's all you need. You can pick up your gaudy aloha shirts at Hilo Hatties.

Note to tourists - Do not ever consider buying the aloha shirt pictured below.

It has to be the most Gawdawfulest pattern ever produced. If you must buy the shirt please do not let your spouse/SO/GF buy a matching outfit. If you look up eye pollution in your Funk & Wagnall's a couple wearing this pattern will be pictured.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:54 am

As I watch these videos, I can't help but think that one of these days, one of those companies is going to put wet paint on the building, do one of these shows, have the audience oohing and aahing, and at the end say something about having made it fun to watch paint dry.

I can see a day where a major form of entertainment is to go watch a building at night. That'll create some new and interesting societal problems.
hobie16 wrote:The funniest thing I see is rental Mustang convertibles with the top down, loaded to the gunnels with suitcases going down the highway. Dudes, it's Hawaii. Couple t-shirts and shorts, swimsuit, that's all you need. You can pick up your gaudy aloha shirts at Hilo Hatties.
Well, I don't usually do the gaudy thing, but I do get some shirts at Hilo Hattie's when I am there. I need to go back.
hobie16 wrote:If you must buy the shirt please do not let your spouse/SO/GF buy a matching outfit. If you look up eye pollution in your Funk & Wagnall's a couple wearing this pattern will be pictured.
Should any two people who know each other ever be wearing matching Hawaiian shirts? Doesn't that grossly defeat the purpose?

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Planner
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Planner » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:01 am

Hobie that looks like a shirt my dad would have, the more it makes your eyes bleed the more he loves it.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]"You can't just let nature run wild"[/font]
Walt Disney

Wonder if he was thinking about a SG:D: