STUPIDIST QUESTION A GUEST CAN ASK YOU!

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Re: STUPIDIST QUESTION A GUEST CAN ASK YOU!

Post by ktulu » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:16 pm

CBeilby wrote:Try going into Target wearing a red shirt of any sort and tan slacks...
I do that for fun.

I need a life...

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by ktulu » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:44 pm

Polar33 wrote:Or perhaps a blue shirt and tan slacks at best buy.
I do that too...

CerasiJ
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by CerasiJ » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:02 pm

BarryH wrote:One time, I walked into a store with a polo shirt and jeans. Someone asked me, "Do you work here?" I almost lost it!
It could be worse! You could have my problem and be mistaken for a 12-year-old everywhere you go! :eek:

"Really, if it’s done therapeutically—there’s nothing wrong with it. We euthanize dogs and cats all the time in this country. Why not stupid people, too? Makes sense to me." - My Mom, Former WDW CRO Agent

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:12 pm

My friend, Sparky, wants to wear a safari costume from Knotts and stand in front of Jungle Cruise and see if guests go up to her, lol!! We are thinking of making a "documentary" type move, :D: We are soooo bored!! LOL

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

Tara_Lee3
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Tara_Lee3 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:18 am

Oh heck, I used to work at baskin robbins and when I'd go to the store to get bananas and milk I had people asking me where things were all the time. One time I even got a LINE! I'd usually interrupt them three words into their question pointing to my visor where it says "Baskin Robbins" and say I don't work for the grocerey store.

One time I stopped by Wallmart on my way home from work and, aside from the inevitable customers asking for things, I actually had a WALLMART EMPLOYEE ask if I was working the hardware section..... :eek:

...Yeah, there are good reasons I don't shop there anymore.

"How much are the mugs? Well the 13 large signs at eye level all say the mugs are $12.99.. so I'm gonna go with that."

SWTexasBelle
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SWTexasBelle » Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:40 am

For some reason, when I wear my Mickey polo to MK, I always have people ask me if I work there. Uh, no - see the backpack and assorted children hanging around me? I am a GUEST. Plus, I don't see CMs wearing polos . . . .
But I do help them if I can. Sigh.

JugglingFreak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by JugglingFreak » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:24 am

SWTexasBelle wrote:For some reason, when I wear my Mickey polo to MK, I always have people ask me if I work there. Uh, no - see the backpack and assorted children hanging around me? I am a GUEST. Plus, I don't see CMs wearing polos . . . .
But I do help them if I can. Sigh.
I get that too. I'm a geek and love the little "Guest of Honor" nametags. I wear my tag everyday, all over the place when I'm at the world.

Inevitably, I will get asked if I work there or for directions, parade times, etc, despite the Hawaiian Shirt, shorts, backpack and cameras (Yes, I am 100% total tourista, baby).

JF

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:41 am

"Does this bus go to Magic Kingdom?" the marquee says Magic Kingdom and the loadzone sign says Magic Kingdom.

I say "Nope, going to Epcot"

"Are you going to Wilderness Lodge?" They are standing under the sign saying Wilderness Lodge and the marquee on the bus says Wilderness Lodge.

I said " Nope, going to Magic Kingdom" then watch their expressions as they try to figure out what I just said.

Or the one last night,

Was doing Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin. Announced every stop on the PA and had just stopped at the Dolphin as my last stop. Go into my speil about this is the stop for the Dolphin, etc and the SG stands up and asks "Do you stop at the Dolphin?"

I said, "Ma'am, We are stopped at the Dolphin. This is your stop." She looked at her friend and said, "I told you that this was the wrong Bus" and sit's back down.

I ended up bringing them back to the MK and they got on another Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin Bus.

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by ktulu » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:21 pm

Ever have one of those "going to MK?", check the sign and oops, forgot to change it!

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:47 pm

My favorte was the driver (presumably new) who pulled into the stop for a particular hotel even tho' his marquee said a different one. Being good closing-time zombies, we all trooped onto the bus without asking about the marquee. It came to our stop so it must be right! But when we got to the hotel, it was obvious that we were NOT in the right place. All of the passengers starting questioning it...the driver insisted he was at the right hotel, but in view of a busload of protesting guests he decided it would be best to take us to the correct place. He never said, but I'm guessing that he had pulled into the wrong stop.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal