Sitting on handrails and chains...

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Sitting on handrails and chains...

Post by mechurchlady » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:00 pm

http://waterindustry.org/arsenic-3.htm

It is estimated that there could be hundreds of pounds of arsenic in any large cemetary. Once the coffin decays the body leaches into the water and causes pollution in the ecosystem. Read the article and it was an Ameirican practice until world war one. Cemetery workers and archeologist risk arsenic poisoning. It was stopped because of health issues for workers around embalmed bodies and because it made autopsy not come out right.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:43 pm

Arsenic is one of those poisons you don't want to use if you're going to poison somebody, because no matter how old the body, first off it preserves the evidence, and secondly it can be recovered from the remains, no matter how long they've been buried. Arsenic, in fact, is/was used to treat syphilis (in non-lethal doses, of course!), and used to be used in wallpaper paste. I remember reading in Ripley's Believe It Or Not! that a concerned man came up with a book of wallpaper samples, all pasted into the book with arsenic-based wallpaper paste, and titled it "Walls of Death." It brought to light the hazards of arsenic in the paperhanging trade, and led to its being removed from the paste.

disneyaddict
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by disneyaddict » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:07 pm

felinefan wrote:...Arsenic, in fact, is/was used to treat syphilis (in non-lethal doses, of course!), and used to be used in wallpaper paste.

Isn't that what they think led to Napoleon's death? (The arsenic in the wallpaper paste in his home after he was exiled) Or maybe that was some other world leader. I don't have all my history facts straight, so I can never be too sure...I think it was Napoleon though.

[font=Arial]Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool! :twisted:[/font]

[font=Arial]"If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door."-- Paul Beatty[/font]

[font=Arial]"Everybody lies."--Dr. House (RIP Kutner :()[/font]

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:21 pm

Gack, the kid in the fountain reminds me of my brother. I am 10 years younger than him but still heard the family legends. When he was little, he used to LICK FENCES!! Ugh!! I have no idea why my mother didn't stop him except that...well, let's just say she wasn't Mom of the Year material by any means. He finally quit it when he got Trench Mouth, whatever that is.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:57 pm

Syndrome wrote:He finally quit it when he got Trench Mouth, whatever that is.
Acute necrotizing ulcerative gingivitis (ANUG) is a polymicrobial infection of the gums leading to inflammation, bleeding, deep ulceration and necrotic gum tissue. Symptoms include fever and halitosis.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:38 pm

When I was at WDW on vacation, I did see allot of the kids sucking on the railings and chains. I hate to inform the parents that the items are not candy. :twisted:

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:20 am

turkeyham wrote:When I was at WDW on vacation, I did see allot of the kids sucking on the railings and chains. I hate to inform the parents that the items are not candy. :twisted:
SO does this make anyone think of that scene in Elf where Santa is telling Buddy about the gum stuck on the railings in NYC? Always hate that part.

disneyaddict
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by disneyaddict » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:34 pm

hobie16 wrote:Image

Wow, thanks for the lovely visuals! :gross:

GaTechGal wrote:SO does this make anyone think of that scene in Elf where Santa is telling Buddy about the gum stuck on the railings in NYC? Always hate that part.

Aw, that's my favorite part! That, and the revolving door...he's such a genius! :D:

[font=Arial]Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool! :twisted:[/font]

[font=Arial]"If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door."-- Paul Beatty[/font]

[font=Arial]"Everybody lies."--Dr. House (RIP Kutner :()[/font]

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:06 pm

I foolishly forgot to get the full link on this, but if you Google the Museum of London, do a search for teeth or dental problems. They have an exhibit of teeth, etc. that they've excavated from various sites around Britain, and let's just say it's not too hard to see why the average life expectancy of the various pre-modern eras was under 50. The oldest teeth are worn down from a rough diet, the more recent teeth have huge cavities, abcesses and incredible amounts of tartar from a softer diet and the result of lifting duties on sugar. Be sure to brush and floss twice a day, and see your dentist twice a year, kids. If you think modern Britons have yucky teeth, these are worse!

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:55 pm

Today I was walking along the Rivers of America. There was this SG couple. The dude had a camera and was taking a picture of his gf balancing her butt on the tiny railing. I was hopping she would had fallen in. It would make a good picture. :twisted: