Wallaby Stops Flaming

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: Wallaby Stops Flaming

Post by hobie16 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:28 am

darph nader wrote:"Excuse me,while I whip this out"
Ding ding ding, we have a winner!!!

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:47 am

darph nader wrote:"Excuse me,while I whip this out"
I wonder how many guys here think/say that while they pull out their wallet.

I might still do it, it just all depends...

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Michael_Lee
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Michael_Lee » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:30 pm

Zazu wrote:Dead certain. A hand grenade looks like this: :holyhg:
Ah, The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch. I can here Elmer Fudd in the background yelling "Kill the Rabbit." :kaboom:

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:32 pm

Michael_Lee wrote:Ah, The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch. I can here Elmer Fudd in the background yelling "Kill the Rabbit."
I think you'll find that's spelled "Kill the Wabbit".

I actually used that cartoon, "What's Opera, Doc?" as a citation in a college term paper. My Prof was furious, because first he had to look it up and couldn't mark me down for it being invalid, then because I had the format correct and he couldn't mark me down for it being incorret, and finally because he had to get a copy and watch it, after which he couldn't mark me down for being irrelevant because it *did* apply in the context where I used it.

"Not *once* in my teaching career have I *ever* had to spend so damn much time and energy looking up one stinking footnote!" he raged. "You make me want to do like Ralph Norton -- POW! Right to the moon."

I then was obliged to remind him that the character he was quoting was Ralph Kramden, and that Norton was his neighbor and lodge buddy.

"OUT! OUT OF MY OFFICE NOW! OUT, OUT, OUT!!!"

Still, I got an A out of him, so at least he wasn't a sore loser.

Zazu

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:16 am

And he can't accuse you of not thinking for yourself.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:38 am

Zazu wrote: I actually used that cartoon, "What's Opera, Doc?" as a citation in a college term paper.
I'm sure there's a story behind this. I'm equally sure that most of the SGT population now wants to hear said story.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:03 am

Zazu wrote:I think you'll find that's spelled "Kill the Wabbit".

I actually used that cartoon, "What's Opera, Doc?" as a citation in a college term paper. My Prof was furious, because first he had to look it up and couldn't mark me down for it being invalid, then because I had the format correct and he couldn't mark me down for it being incorret, and finally because he had to get a copy and watch it, after which he couldn't mark me down for being irrelevant because it *did* apply in the context where I used it.

"Not *once* in my teaching career have I *ever* had to spend so damn much time and energy looking up one stinking footnote!" he raged. "You make me want to do like Ralph Norton -- POW! Right to the moon."

I then was obliged to remind him that the character he was quoting was Ralph Kramden, and that Norton was his neighbor and lodge buddy.

"OUT! OUT OF MY OFFICE NOW! OUT, OUT, OUT!!!"

Still, I got an A out of him, so at least he wasn't a sore loser.
I love it. I've had several teachers and professors I enjoyed tormenting like this. Just the other day I was regaling my older son with the story of how I and some friends painted a life-size caricature of my high school physics teacher as a superhero on a wall in his classroom -- without permission -- and got away with it.

Good times, good times.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:08 am

I'm glad the fire was put out before tonight. Dinner with you and KidAtHeart was very fun, Zazu. Expect me to take you up on your unofficial tour soon. I have some friends in buses that would probably love to come along... at least one or two. I may become your tour-booking company shortly here.

What was the name of that book you mentioned, or the author, who wrote all the information about Disney, both official and not?

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:10 am

BRWombat wrote:the other day I was regaling my older son with the story of how I and some friends painted a life-size caricature of my high school physics teacher as a superhero on a wall in his classroom -- without permission -- and got away with it.
BRW, you now realize your son's college fund will become his bail fund don't you? :D: :D:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:41 am

Main Streeter wrote:BRW, you now realize your son's college fund will become his bail fund don't you? :D: :D:
Heh. Actually I'm counting on him to continue mellowing, as I did from the previous generation. Some of my father's college pranks make my hair curl -- kidnapping people and dropping them out in the countryside after dark, far from civilization, or separating couples on their wedding nights. I was very nice and tame in comparison. (And it was good for me, in a sense -- when I'd get caught at anything, my dad might not approve, but he'd always understand!)

There was a sense of cosmic justice in all this. In later life, my dad ended up as a residence hall director at the same university! It was pretty funny to him that he'd be one to end up enforcing the rules!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter