Parenting at its finest

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
techie-13
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by techie-13 » Sun May 02, 2004 4:22 pm

Okay...so you know how some escalators have those "dots" between them to keep people from sliding down the middle? One of my coworkers just caught 3 kids and a parent sliding down one of our sets that doesnt have the dots. :shock:

As I was typing this, another coworker told me about something he saw yesterday. Two kids running from about 6ft back and slamming themselves into the cement wall of the exhibit hall. Two moms stood nearby talking and watching them while they did this. :roll:

goose
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by goose » Sun May 02, 2004 6:10 pm

Parents have come up to me with their kid while I was selling balloons. I have had so many people lie about losing a balloon. It's not hard to tell.
A woman went on and on about how it flew away (did she keep the string or the weight attatched to it? Of course not, she threw it away. Come on, if you bought a balloon and wanted another, you wouldn't throw away evidence that you had bought one!) The vendor near by me asked where she bought it from. She said over in Frontierland. We told her we couldn't give her one and she had to go to City Hall and see if they could help her. The thing is I was the ONLY balloon vendor at DL that day. My butt never left Mainstreet. She totally lied to me, right in front of her five year old. The lesson: Lie, cry and whine when you can't get something you want.

SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by SRT_GB » Mon May 03, 2004 12:39 am

goose wrote:The lesson: Lie, cry and whine when you can't get something you want.
Great thing we want to be teaching our children these days..... :bang:

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005

Wizard69
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Wizard69 » Thu May 06, 2004 5:47 pm

Reminds me of a guest I had yesterday. They had an NSA for 2 t-shirts. They came up to me and told me their story of how the train broke down and they were stuck in the heat so they asked the CM if they can get anything so they got an NSA for 2 shirts.

People are so fucking cheap. They want anything they can get for free.

happy ap
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

another 'strolling' parent lacking basic skills

Post by happy ap » Thu May 06, 2004 7:40 pm

While sharing stories I read about some of the "parents", using the term losely, with my hairdresser, she gave me this one that just happened to her..

After exiting Pirates, with her child, she went to retrive her stroller from what was more of a pile, having to really pull hers out and from under of a teetering stroller laid upon the top of others. Next thing she knew she was being yelled at by a man who had left his child derrrrrrr, sleeping in the stroller. The stroller piled on the top was very near this childs head apparantly. But, of course, it was all her fault. She threw back at him, told him that this wasstroller parking. he still insisted that meant he could leave his child there to sleep! :roll:

Am I mistaken or do people not read the avdice on the rental name tag?

SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: another 'strolling' parent lacking basic skills

Post by SRT_GB » Thu May 06, 2004 7:47 pm

happy ap wrote:Am I mistaken or do people not read the advice on the rental name tag?
I think we've long established that people don't read anything that's right there in front of them.

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005

happy ap
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by happy ap » Thu May 06, 2004 8:06 pm

SRT_GB wrote:
happy ap wrote:Am I mistaken or do people not read the advice on the rental name tag?
I think we've long established that people don't read anything that's right there in front of them.
:wink: too bad they can not be made to read and sign before renting, then it would be willfull neglect/abandonement

maybe the next time we are at DL I will keep an eye out for kids in strollers.....can security take charge of an child under the circumstances?

I also forgot to mention I think this was on the day temps in the park were 95-100 = abuse and abandonment

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Thu May 06, 2004 10:00 pm

happy ap wrote:maybe the next time we are at DL I will keep an eye out for kids in strollers.....can security take charge of an child under the circumstances?
Don't know about California law, but Florida law is very serious about leaving babies in the sun (or inside cars). I've seen several kids picked up by the Sheriff from being left in strollers over the years.

Zazu

sistercoyote
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by sistercoyote » Fri May 07, 2004 2:27 pm

IIRC, Security most definitely could take action 1mumble years ago when I was at the park.

DLSweeper
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DLSweeper » Mon May 10, 2004 7:02 am

Zazu wrote:
happy ap wrote:maybe the next time we are at DL I will keep an eye out for kids in strollers ... can security take charge of an child under the circumstances?
Don't know about California law, but Florida law is very serious about leaving babies in the sun (or inside cars). I've seen several kids picked up by the Sheriff from being left in strollers over the years.
California is strick about cars with children and pets, but I dunno about the whole sun thing. Maybe DL should put something to that affect in the "policy" behind the tickets.

"I have a stupid question for you."

"Can I have a map?"

"Where is the restroom?"

"Do you work here?"