Yet ANOTHER Disney Bus Accident (Saturday)

News about Theme Parks and their parent companies.
shinysparklybubbles
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Yet ANOTHER Disney Bus Accident (Saturday)

Post by shinysparklybubbles » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:10 pm

I hope the driver is able to recover and heal quickly. It's awful to think that this will probably go on forever because of the mother looking to make a buck or two.

This just makes me want to be extra nice to all the transportation department in Nov, they've had a rough year.

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:03 am

Rosie wrote:To be honest, I wouldn't let my child off on his on at 9 or 11. As much as I love Disney, I never let my children go off on their own until they were maybe 14 or 15 when we were on vacation. Disney can't, and shouldn't be expected, to protect and ensure a childs safety. That is a parents job. It would be too easy for a child to be grabbed, molested or worse. But then, I admit I always was an overly protective mother.

Rosie
Agree 100%!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

Csaks
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Csaks » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:55 pm

-Kelly Brubaker, 50, the boy's mother, doesn't believe that events played out that way. She claims that the bus must have crossed the grass median strip, driven up onto the sidewalk and sideswiped the boy, and that Disney is covering it up. She also disputes the findings of the FHP. The boy's maternal grandmother claimed, "They said he went into the road, but that's a lie. There was no reason for him to go into the road," according to an article on TampaBay.com (link). That same article, though, quoted FHP Sgt. Kim Montes as saying "If we didn't have the physical evidence or witness statements that we had, we wouldn't make such a statement."-

Does this lady not realize she is making a fool of herself. I realize people grieve different but lady, accidents happen. Is it so difficult to believe your son could have made a mistake and everything in life is not a conspiracy to cover it up. If the bus crossed over the grass I'm sure someone would have seen it.
I'm just having a hard time thinking this is the way to grieve for a son. Is it just me?

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:37 pm

Csaks wrote:She claims that the bus must have crossed the grass median strip...

If the bus crossed over the grass...
Ummmmmm bus, a heavy vehicle = tire tracks in grass

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Mayonnaise » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:54 pm

If the buss went thru the median, you can bet at least one of the passengers would have come forward to say something about that, assuming there were passengers.

That's not the sort of thing people in any moving vehicle fail to notice.

8^S

Rosie
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Rosie » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:55 pm

Csaks wrote:-Kelly Brubaker, 50, the boy's mother, doesn't believe that events played out that way. She claims that the bus must have crossed the grass median strip, driven up onto the sidewalk and sideswiped the boy, and that Disney is covering it up. She also disputes the findings of the FHP. The boy's maternal grandmother claimed, "They said he went into the road, but that's a lie. There was no reason for him to go into the road," according to an article on TampaBay.com (link). That same article, though, quoted FHP Sgt. Kim Montes as saying "If we didn't have the physical evidence or witness statements that we had, we wouldn't make such a statement."-

I'm just having a hard time thinking this is the way to grieve for a son. Is it just me?
Unfortunately the family's attorney will find an accident reconstructionist who will make their scenario. With computer animation a reconstructionist can have the bus do all kinds of interesting things. And the sad part is, juries will buy into it.

Is it not possible the kids were racing, with the boy going into the grass then the road edge trying to catch and pass the girl he was with? The boy, losses control of the bike and the accident happens. I could probably animate that scenario without even seeing the psychical evidence. Not that I would mind you, I left the life behind when I retired.
Rosie

Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Mayonnaise » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:25 pm

Psychical?

Is that like... physical evidence from a psychic?

8^P

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:49 pm

Wallaby stated that the mother had the bike in her back-yard for photo ops. Why doesn't the OCSD have it for evidence? :confused:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:11 pm

darph nader wrote:Wallaby stated that the mother had the bike in her back-yard for photo ops. Why doesn't the OCSD have it for evidence? :confused:
That's my question. Also, it would be the FHP, not OCSD that would have it. FHP handles the investigation of nearly all traffic accidents in Florida and they are handling this one (as seen by statements being released by them, not OCSD).

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

mapo
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by mapo » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:38 pm

Shorty82 wrote:That's my question. Also, it would be the FHP, not OCSD that would have it. FHP handles the investigation of nearly all traffic accidents in Florida and they are handling this one (as seen by statements being released by them, not OCSD).
YUP. OCSO handles theft, murder, mayhem etc. For example, when a guest or CM is found to be stealing from Disney, that is OCSO that is walking them out backstage to the nice patrol car.

FHP gets the incidents that happen on the road using a motor vehicle. For example, a guest runs the rented pargo into a vehicle, tree, lake, or fence. Or when one bus hits another bus.

Of course, both FHP and OCSO can give you tickets when operating your vehicle inappropriately. Usually, not at the same time. ;)

BTW, Homeland Security gets the guest when deported for say, ohh, stealing from Disney. Well for the transit back to their home and transfer to the police there at least.

Oh and the CPs that are sent home early. Well they may enjoy some of their own Homeland Security assistance.

Man, I miss the days when CPs were just sent home en masse for drinking (or attempting to drink) underage at Pleasure Island. Hundreds every week for the first few weeks. Now I think that the theft and pregnancy rates out pace the drinking underage terminations.

Yes, just another reason to miss Pleasure Island! LOL

MAPO