Sad News

This is the place to find the latest news and announcements concerning StupidGuestTricks.com Note: You may reply to any topic in this forum but you may not post new topics.
Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Sad News

Post by Main Streeter » Wed May 21, 2008 7:19 pm

Just signed OL & read this unexpected, very sad news. Words seem hollow & do not come easily. Randy was always "our" level headed, able to rephrase the negative into a positive, explain in detail, add great laughter, & step in & sooth poster. He was strong, astute, intelligent, yet humble. Wish I had told you how very much I depended on you Randy. Enjoy WDW & all that is Disney from Heaven. You are one of THE BEST! Rest In Peace my poster friend.

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed May 21, 2008 7:57 pm

Just for posterity, I would like to play Randy's last post here. Discussing Disneyland's Monorail Red, after the discussion was started about the... mishap, he responded with his usual wit and wisdom. Join me in shedding a tear while simultaneously laughing at what he had to say and how he chose to say it:
Randy B wrote:I can hear the reaming out all the way out here in Illinois.

"NOW you know why ANY changes and modifications MUST be doccumented and corrected on the blueprints!

But, Boss, we just trimmed a little unneccissary flashing.

I SAID ALL MODIFICATIONS MUST BE DOCCUMENTED!!!"

Sure makes for a good object lession to people in MANY industries. I may have to mention this to some of the engineers around here at the radio station. Maybe I can convince them that NO detail is too small to properly doccument.

Randy
:bawl:

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

KingdomKat
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by KingdomKat » Wed May 21, 2008 8:50 pm

Losing Randy as one of our favorite posters is very sad news. My condolences and prayers go out to Randy's family and friends, he will be sorely missed. ~Kat~

Big W- maybe when you have an SGTer in the front cab of your monorail with you for a ride, the call sign of that train can be "The Randy B" in his honor, the way any airplane the President flys on is called Air Force One.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed May 21, 2008 9:25 pm

KingdomKat wrote:Big W- maybe when you have an SGTer in the front cab of your monorail with you for a ride, the call sign of that train can be "The Randy B" in his honor, the way any airplane the President flys on is called Air Force One.
Not sure how to implement that one, as I am fairly sure Maintenance would *not* be impressed if I start renaming the monorails, as far as they are concerned, on a whim. But I absolutely love the idea.

We're commissioning a new image that will soon appear as an avatar for any member of the board who passes on. It's the image of Mickey, where his head is the world and he is shedding a tear at Walt's death. We've done some cropping, and it will look like this:

Some modifications will follow, to personalize it a bit.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Wed May 21, 2008 9:58 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:We're commissioning a new image that will soon appear as an avatar for any member of the board who passes on. It's the image of Mickey, where his head is the world and he is shedding a tear at Walt's death.
Thank you! Thank all you Mods for the Beautiful Avatar! I was hoping this would come about. The memory & inspiration of Randy will now be extra special on SGT site.

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

KingdomKat
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by KingdomKat » Wed May 21, 2008 10:07 pm

No need for maintenance to be involved....this would be in name only, kind of a private "inside" moment between SGTers. ~Kat~

albino_pygmy
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Park: Magic Kingdom
Department: Jungle Navigation Co
Position: Skipper

Post by albino_pygmy » Wed May 21, 2008 10:24 pm

Although, if you could get approval for painting "In Memory of Randy B" on the side of all the monorails, that would be great :D (If not, then make a few stickers and put them right on the tip of their noses with the in memory of Randy on it)

Oh, idea just popped in my head! Have a few "Hidden Randy's" make their way on the monorails or stations, etc :D

Skipper's General Warning!
Reading of this signature might result in the following:
Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Nausea, Heartburn, Indigestion,
Upset Stomach, Diarrhea, and may Complicate Pregnancy.
Consult a physician if read thoroughly.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed May 21, 2008 11:07 pm

Well, we have created a new user group, and if one's profile is placed in this group, you will have the new icon instead of anything like "Jabberjaw", etc.

Hopefully, we won't have to use it too often.

February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by February » Wed May 21, 2008 11:34 pm

Thanks to the mods for doing this.

I bet by now, Randy is trying to talk Walt into using some heavenly influence to get the Monorails expanded out to the Studios for all of us still down here who have trouble getting around WDW. He'd do that for us, I'd totally bet on it.

*tears* and hugs to all

Bru

Two things stand like stone:
Kindness in another’s trouble.
Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon

"...and only fireworks will light the sky at night
for all the world can see." ~Keane

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu May 22, 2008 12:14 am

Very nice. Good work guys.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.