Parenting at its finest

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
goose
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by goose » Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:48 am

SRT_GB wrote:Which brings me to the reason why I started this thread....some people should just not be parents. I see the best and the worst of them where I work.
When it comes to bad parenting, we can only hope that people take the initiative to call social services on crappy parents.

EColiOnAStick
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by EColiOnAStick » Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:14 am

....some people should just not be parents.
Amen.

Keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times.....unless you really dont want to....

FantasmicBumbleBee
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by FantasmicBumbleBee » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:02 pm

Whenever I see parents with a kid wearing a leash I jump for joy. I like approaching the guest and start patting the child on it's head and saying, "Good (boy/girl)...." Then I would ask, "What's is it's name?"

One time I did this and the parents felt so embarrased after that because of the large crowd around them that had seen this happen, they took the child off the leash and carried the child.

I survived working at Disneyland... My job there will be missed...

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:24 pm

Wiseone2980 wrote: "wow, this is great! They even watch your kids for you!". . . i was not your personal babysitter. I was just doing your job for you.
That used to suprise me, but not anymore. I also used to be suprised by all the parents that would ask me to watch their children while they go on the rides, but I just decied to face it. Most people on this planet are not fit to have any children. Now when they ask me if I'll watch their children I'll reply the price I charge: $100 per minute and I require a minimum up front payment for 1 hour, and I only accept cash. Since most people don't carry $6000 on them they just take their children. Some are disguested that I will charge them that much money to watch their children, but hey they are the parents, and they should watch their own children.

Just because we work for Disney doesn't mean that everybody can be trusted, there are many co-workers that I don't trust.

Elvis didn't do no drugs!

TheManator
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by TheManator » Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:29 pm

There is no way I'd let any of this happen to my son when ever we goto a Disney park...

sistercoyote
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by sistercoyote » Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:56 pm

Re: Offering to charge

I don't know about that - IIRC I always said, "If you leave them here and don't watch them I will have to call Lost Children." Somehow, the parents never wanted that to happen.

Bad Parent Story:

199mumble. I'm working Strollers. I'm the only staff onsite at that point; it was early afternoon (before closing rush, after opening rush) and my lead and the other CM were at lunch (stupid scheduling). A woman comes up to me, her child sobbing hysterically. I'm trying to rush through giving her back her $5 for the stroller because the kid is telling her she doesn't feel well, doesn't want to, is tired...meanwhile, Mom's browsing the souvenirs and generally lollygagging as I'm trying to hand her the money.

So, what happens? Kid pukes. Mom proceeds to look at me sharply and says, "Well, you'll have to do something now."

So, I did. I grabbed a thing of pixie dust and called custodial. :roll:

Also recall a time at closing in the Emporium when a mother shrieked - and I do mean shrieked out her child's name. To the point that she silenced every other person in the shop - all the way back to clocks (I know this because I was in clocks that evening).

So everyone heard the disgusted little voice that replied, "I'm right here."

Finally - stupid parent, good lesson - I was working GC for the EP, and Father walked by me with Child on his shoulders so that Child could see the parade. They were talking about the Peter Pan float, and Dad...well, Dad was looking at the parade, not where he was going. I could see what was going to happen. And, in fact, was trying to get his attention.

He still walked his bits right into the pole. I was impressed - he kept his grip on the kid. (SC: "Oh, sir, are you okay?" Dad, squeaking: "I'm fine.")

When Dad caught his breath he said, "Child, that's why you should always watch where you're walking."

goose
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by goose » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:29 pm

That's ridiculous. I have never been asked to watch a kid. I can't imagine someone being that stupid. Is this something that happens a lot in attractions? I'm in foods.

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Sat May 01, 2004 9:53 pm

goose wrote:That's ridiculous. I have never been asked to watch a kid. I can't imagine someone being that stupid. Is this something that happens a lot in attractions? I'm in foods.
When I work at an attraction with a height requirement I get that at least once or twice a day. At attractions with no height requirements at least once or twice a week. Usually it's because the child is sleeping and the parents don't want to wake them up. Although at the height requirement attractions it's because the parents want to ride and not take turns with a child swap.

Elvis didn't do no drugs!

goose
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by goose » Sun May 02, 2004 1:15 am

:o

techie-13
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by techie-13 » Sun May 02, 2004 3:23 pm

I think I posted earlier in this thread about an event at the convention center where I work. Well that was youth volleyball and now we have youth wrestling. :roll: There are about 3500 children running around this facility this weekend with maybe 50 sets of parents that are watching the ones that are not currently competeing. The kids have called 911 on payphones and house courtesy phones (we're a city owned facility and the call goes to the police dispatch) that the police department is threatening us with fines. And these little angels don't just call 911 and hang up...oh no...They are telling dispatch that there are fires and people with guns and accidents and all sorts of creative stuff!!!!! And in some cases the parents are about 10ft away. :evil: