"Is Her Birdday.," ... Character Woes of the Day

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
CerasiJ
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: "Is Her Birdday.," ... Character Woes of the Day

Post by CerasiJ » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:26 pm

Ooh!! Oooh!!! I have a Character Woe! (Finally!) My boyfriend and I were at DCA, right across from the Grizzly River Run thing. Chip & Dale were there, (if you saw my last post you can imagine my delight, a nearly 20 year old girl grabbing ger boyfriend, yelling, "PAUL, PAUL, IT'S CHIP AND DALE!!! OMG!!! IT'S CHIP AND DALE!")

ANYWAY!

There was kind of a line forming for a picture/autograph and this Asian lady was in front of me. She had a little girl who was maybe two, clinging to Chip's legs. I was watching, going, Awwww, how cute! with my boyfriend next to me, fiddling with my camera, going, "How the hell do you work this thing???". The Asian lady says to her two-year-old, (who is still happily hugging the actor's legs) "Pose for a picture!" The lead, (HA! I even have the lingo down!) says, "Well, when Chip is ready, it's time to head back to the treehouse."

The lady, hearing this, kinda freaks and says to her kid, "Pose! Pose!" The kid gives Chip one last hug and starts to tottle off. She grabs the kid, shoves her back at the 'munk and screams, "POSE!!!!"

What is it with people, huh? :confused:

"Really, if it’s done therapeutically—there’s nothing wrong with it. We euthanize dogs and cats all the time in this country. Why not stupid people, too? Makes sense to me." - My Mom, Former WDW CRO Agent

sandravb79
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by sandravb79 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:05 am

mentu wrote:and I absolutely love what I call "snipers": Aladdin and Jasmine are signing autographs and talking to children while random people walking by stop and fill up the exit, waiting for an opportunity to take a picture when the group leaves.

Not only does this create a hazzard with all the people in the exit area, but it also detracts from those waiting in line. You want a picture, you wait in line.
Please, go explain that at DLRP!!! In Paris, you have to fight to get a picture taken with a character (I don't exaggerate). Two years ago, the crowd almost crushed Daisy Duck, who was on the hub, surrounded by a large crowd, and she didn't have a CM to accompany her. Poor little Daisy. The only reason why the same thing idn't happen to Minie Mouse, is that her ears are so big, it keeps the people on a 5-inch distance, lol!

For some reason, most European people don't understand the concept "waiting in line" When waiting for a ride, they push you. Come on people, there are 30 persons in front of you, it doesn't make a difference whether you are standing close to each other or not, those 30 persons are in front of you!!!

Dreaming of a great wide somewhere... They call it Disneyland
Accepting all kinds of indecent proposals to get into Club 33.
"We wants the redhead!" - I knew reds would have more fun :twisted:

CerasiJ
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by CerasiJ » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:03 pm

sandravb79 wrote:For some reason, most European people don't understand the concept "waiting in line"
Don't worry, most Americans don't understand it, either. :)

"Really, if it’s done therapeutically—there’s nothing wrong with it. We euthanize dogs and cats all the time in this country. Why not stupid people, too? Makes sense to me." - My Mom, Former WDW CRO Agent

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:25 pm

CerasiJ wrote:Don't worry, most Americans don't understand it, either. :)
Let's not forget the Japanese. Talk about line jumpers.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

CerasiJ
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by CerasiJ » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:05 pm

hobie16 wrote:Let's not forget the Japanese. Talk about line jumpers.
Good God, YES! Don't even get me started. :mad:

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:34 pm

CerasiJ wrote:Good God, YES! Don't even get me started. :mad:
In foods, the worst ones I've seen, and please don't judge me by this, are the hispanics. When I'm in the MIDDLE of a transaction with another customer (mind you, this is still taking cash and confirming the order,) they'll interrupt and try to place their orders!

PirateJohn
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by PirateJohn » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:46 am

CBeilby wrote:In foods, the worst ones I've seen, and please don't judge me by this, are the hispanics. When I'm in the MIDDLE of a transaction with another customer (mind you, this is still taking cash and confirming the order,) they'll interrupt and try to place their orders!
I can't stand it when I'm spieling to over a hundred people on a microphone and you get someone tugging your sleeve to ask you a question they can ask any CM. They just don't care that they're interrupting something that so many people are listening to.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:25 am

CBeilby wrote:In foods, the worst ones I've seen, and please don't judge me by this, are the hispanics. When I'm in the MIDDLE of a transaction with another customer (mind you, this is still taking cash and confirming the order,) they'll interrupt and try to place their orders!
I was sitting in a bar in San Felipe and watching all the Rico Suaves whistle at the bartender demanding service. The funny part was they all had a different pattern. It sounded like the Tiki Room when all the birds are making noise at the same time but these guys couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:32 am

hobie16 wrote:Let's not forget the Japanese. Talk about line jumpers.
I thought they would just take pictures of the line? ;) :D:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:20 am

[quote="leftcoaster"]I thought they would just take pictures of the line? ]
The reason the Japanese like photography so much is because there are so many photo chemicals (smog) in the air in Tokyo. They just pull the film out of the camera and wave it around in the air to develop it.

--- Matt King