Cast members be nice

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Dante101
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Dante101 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:09 pm

I always love to read a post containing numerous spelling and grammatical errors, which complains about being called stupid...

I know you're not referring to me, since I didn't write that comment, but if you go back and read that post, you'll see that the reference was intended to say "people who don't clean up after themselves are stupid" ("stupid" meant as a substitute for "jerks" or "inconsiderate people").

It wasn't my post, and its not really my place to defend that post, but I think anyone who reads that post and thinks Alice is simply calling all CMs "stupid" is... well... stupid... :wink:

As for a break room being called a break room (I don't know why you keep sending me private messages about this), Disney designates which rooms are "offices" and which rooms are "break rooms." If Disney says its an office, then its an office. It's their property.

It is definitely misleading for you to tell us Disney won't let CMs eat in their break rooms, as the "break room" you refer to is actually an office. It doesn't matter if you think it should be a break room - its still an office.

Your statement should have read "Disney won't let us eat in the office, even though everyone views it as a breakroom" or something like that.

When you say "Disney won't let us eat in the break rooms" - how the hell are we to know that you're actually saying "there's a room that we all take our breaks in, but Disney calls it an office, not a break room, and they won't let us eat in there"??? Can you see the difference between the two statements???

Don't mean to sound so mean, but damn - you're taking every post as if it was a personal attack against you.

Where is the Classics Office? Is it the big one under the Village Haus? If so, why not use the official break room right next to it - the one with the TV and tables and everything? Or have they revamped it since 2002?

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:14 am

Stduck wrote:
Main Streeter wrote:
goose wrote:What the fuck ever happened to the first ammendment?
First amendment @ Disney? All amendments @ Disney? You MUST be joking :!: CMs have rights & amendments @ DLR :?: Tribute is paid to Lincoln @ DLR, but he never freed us. :lol:
But we're not slaves ... they pay us ... and we didn't have to be hired.
Stand corrected Stduck. Appreciate your comments. I do like my position with Disney, have never been mistreated & realize we have rights. I hired in & am lucky they continue to put up with me. :lol: My humor backfired. :oops:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

aliceindisguse
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by aliceindisguse » Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:58 am

nala wrote:Also I was not misleading about our break room!! When I first hired in it was not considered an office the only reason they consider it an "office" its because it has a stupid computer, now if you go to the small world "break room" it also has a computer and is still considered a break room!!!!!
I would like to see you go to fantasyland and point out the difference between a break room and an office. Also I did not appreciate the comment on calling cast members STUPID!! I believe its leads like you that make it difficult to work!!!!!!! :evil:
First of all let me defend myself. I was not refering to all cast members as stupid, just merely the ones who ruined it for us all by not cleaning up after themselves. Next the difference between the Classics office and the Smallworld/book breakroom is simply the breakroom may have a computer in it but it is set up for eating in, the classics office has a computer in it but does not have the adequate space, tables, or garbage recpticles in it for eating in. Lastly just because I am defending my leads and understand where they are coming from does not mean I am one. And I don't think our leads make it difficult to work at classics.
Dante101 wrote:Where is the Classics Office? Is it the big one under the Village Haus? If so, why not use the official break room right next to it - the one with the TV and tables and everything? Or have they revamped it since 2002?
The Classics office is the little room outside the Village Haus next to the Day Custodial lockers, across from the Deck (with tables on it for eating at). The breakroom Downstairs is actually our breakroom but most of the attractions CM's don't use it unless it's rainy or unbearably hot outside.
And Thankyou Dante for defending my post.

How many in your group?
all of us.

Stay behind the yellow line

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:05 am

nala wrote::lol: Ok.... When I sid cursing, i was also refering to alot of what we are limit to say backstage, if you dont like the conversation dont LISTEN!!! most people who write a statement are those who just happen to walk into a conversation and stick around until they are offended!!
But the point is people should respect other cast members, if you where not invited to the convo, dont invite yourself then write a statement then start crying to the world how you are offended!!
Also I was not misleading about our break room!! When I first hired in it was not considered an office the only reason they consider it an "office" its because it has a stupid computer, now if you go to the small world "break room" it also has a computer and is still considered a break room!!!!!
I would like to see you go to fantasyland and point out the difference between a break room and an office. Also I did not appreciate the comment on calling cast members STUPID!! I believe its leads like you that make it difficult to work!!!!!!! :evil:
Nala babe, i don't know you, but take a chill pill, we're all friends in this environment, one team one dream and all that "makes me wanna :mickeyba:" stuff. Like Dante said these aren't personal attacks agianst you, we're trying to show you our veiw of things, and i see no reason why it is a problem that you can't eat in your office, in adventureland, we're not even allowed to use the office as a break room, let alone take food in there, same goes for critter country, and the two offices are one.

And as for stupid CMs yeah they exist, in my five months (to the day) w/ disney, i've encountered a few of them, and stupid is a loose term (when used by some) for didn't think it through the first time, probly won't the second, and third times a charm but they gave up. Stupid is also used for "Hey, i'm going to be an idoit and say that girls shouldn't work stream trains, and then when i get corss trained to indy, i'm going to stick the entire upper half of my body out the window of the tower and put my self and everyone in the attraction's safety at risk. needless to say he got termed it's amazing he lasting that long after hearing about all of his shinanigans.

Do yourself a favor, and go with the flow, you're stressing me out, and i don't even know who you are, besides some (assumably) young lady that comes onto one of my favortie sites, and bitches about stuff in a manner that makes me want to bitch back, but i don't, typically, because i know that's not what this site is about. Tell your stories in a mannor which doesn't put me on edge (it's tough to get me on edge) or B U Z Z O F F! :evil:

Gimme some soft serve!

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:37 pm

This is an interesting thread. Like the Pooh Lead Office. We use it for a break room, we eat in there, and our water cooler is in there. But we could just as easily loose it and have to eat at the Critter Country Break room or Westside.

I think everyone on this thread needs to lighten up including myself. We take things way to serriously, we need to relax. The holidays are coming and some of us are getting a littled stressed....Hell it's already the holidays at mansion.

Nala calm down, relax and watch what you say because from what I have read many of us including myself have a short temper when it comes to certain things. But have a frightful day....

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

nala
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by nala » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:48 pm

:lol: Wow!! When everyone says "Nala you need to lighted up!!" All I hear is BLA,BLA,BLA!!!
I thought the whole idea about this web site is to vent on what ever is on your mind and maybe every once in a while receive positive feed-back!
But obviously everyone seems to have a problem with an expresive mind so I guess I will go w/the flow and be mindless and not say another word and yes!! I know this is not a personal attack (ive seen this several times)
I will attend some English courses to satisfy DANTE101, so that everything he read's is perfect!!!
And if anyone still wants to defend the whole break room thing be my guest, I have at the resort longer that any of you young'ins have and I have never heard so many "this is not a break room", "this BLA,BLA,BLA"
NEWHO!
I really dont apreciate the personal attacks (which they are personal attacks) Lets grow up for a minute and keep our minds open for sugestions not critasisome

How many in your group?
Please take number 1,2,3,4
I SAID 1,2,3,4,
OK THINK YOU DIDINT HEAR ME
NEXT TIME LEARN TO SPEAK A LITTLE ENGLISH BEFORE YOU COME HERE!!!!

Dante101
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Dante101 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:56 pm

nala wrote:I will attend some English courses to satisfy DANTE101, so that everything he read's is perfect!!!
Thank you.

And take some reading comprehension courses as well. :roll:

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:58 pm

-Puts her head in her hands and shakes her head- And again you've failed to see our point. This is a place to vent, place opinions, bounce things off each other and point out each others faults. (Hell if I'm in the wrong I'd hope to hell all of you'd would point it out to me.)

Nala I've worked in guest service at a theme park for 3 years. I've seen it all. Heck we used to take our breaks at LLC in the back of the shop, and eat there too. Then we were told it was no good, we took it graceously.

We're not making personal attack. I just think you need to take what we say with a grain of salt.

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

cheshire
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by cheshire » Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:18 pm

I worked Fantasyland 2 1/2 years ago and I remember they told us then not to eat or drink in the office because drinks were being spilled on purses and food was being left out. OK, I'm gonna go now. :wink:

LittleDollClaudia
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:44 pm

Wow Nala, all I was just suggesting to you was that your role as an employee was something to be proud of not mocked. You obviously are still very young and cannot handle constructive criticism well. You seem to have a small chip on your shoulder. None of us are personally attacking you but trying to help you in time spent at Disney to be a joyous one. I know that guests can make you frustrated but venting your thoughts can be phrased in ways other than resorting to cursing. I am done with this subject and wish you well in your days at the Mouse House. Feel free to complain or whine as much as you like. But I for one will turn a deaf ear to you because you are so not viable Cast Member material. Have a good day and I am signing off.

:The views within are mine and mine alone, I speak for no one else here:
Little Doll Claudia

^^ Hey, that's me! ^^