Disney To Acquire Lucasfilm

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Disney To Acquire Lucasfilm

Post by hhsrat » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:20 pm

2006 - Pixar
2009 - Marvel
2012 - LucasFilm
2015 - I see 3 possibilities: Apple, Google, or Universal. Either that, or they'll sell everything to Larry Ellison.

The views and opinions expressed in this post do not represent those of the Walt Disney Company. This post was written while off the clock and off WDW property. Caution: The moving rubber line is travelling at the same speed as you.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:55 pm

hhsrat wrote: 2015 - I see 3 possibilities: Apple, Google, or Universal. Either that, or they'll sell everything to Larry Ellison
A more likely scenario would be Apple acquiring Disney. They need content and, with everything Disney has, it would be a perfect fit.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

KieranDotW
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by KieranDotW » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:30 am

EpcotFan wrote:Perhaps we'll see ... Dinosaur changed to an Indiana Jones attraction like at DL.
Might have to argue with this one. Assuming Dinoland isn't rethemed as a whole, DINOSAUR is pretty much the life of that land -- Chester and Hester's won't be able to keep it alive on its own. Plus, even though Indy is far superior, I like the variety between the coasts.

A walk-around face character Indy though... Put that up with Oswald with the character's I've always wanted to meet.

KieranDotW
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by KieranDotW » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:34 am

hobie16 wrote:A more likely scenario would be Apple acquiring Disney. They need content and, with everything Disney has, it would be a perfect fit.
Wouldn't mind that. Besides, they've already got quite the presence with Disney/Pixar films in all their ads and Steve Jobs being a former board member. (Apple fanboy talking btw)

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:03 am

KieranDotW wrote:Wouldn't mind that. Besides, they've already got quite the presence with Disney/Pixar films in all their ads and Steve Jobs being a former board member. (Apple fanboy talking btw)
If you look at Sony's acquisitions it makes sense for Apple to own, rather then be the retailer of, content.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:22 am

hobie16 wrote:My bet is only Luke gets carried over to Episode 7. He'll be used to bring the timeline up to date and then pass the light sabre on to a new group of heroes.
I was wrong.

Harrison Ford is "open" to reprising his role as Han Solo in the new Star Wars trilogy almost three decades after last playing the part in 1983's Return of the Jedi, it has been reported. full article

--- Matt King

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:22 am

hobie16 wrote:I was wrong.

Harrison Ford is "open" to reprising his role as Han Solo in the new Star Wars trilogy almost three decades after last playing the part in 1983's Return of the Jedi, it has been reported. full article
I was wondering about Harrison when George talked about continuing a few decades later. He hasn't always been real complimentary about his Star Wars experience. It will be real interesting to see what develops.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:40 am

Carrie Fisher sez, "Yes. Sure. Wouldn't you?" to appearing in Episode VII.

--- Matt King

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:27 am

Can you just imagine the scene of Luke and Leia sitting on a couch at a family reunion fat and old and complaining about the taxes. Han is surrounded by others telling stories about what he could still do if they would let him back in a spacecraft. Should be an epoch!!!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:01 pm

YANXWIN wrote:Can you just imagine the scene of Luke and Leia sitting on a couch at a family reunion fat and old and complaining about the taxes. Han is surrounded by others telling stories about what he could still do if they would let him back in a spacecraft. Should be an epoch!!!
I'm picturing either Luke or Han like Uncle Rico in Napoleon Dynamite, reliving the glory days. :rolleyes:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter