Pet Peeve

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Pet Peeve

Post by Darksin » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:35 am

I'm a little confused myself, unless your talking about the original post? :confused:

I don't really think it's separation, those with MAW (Or any of the other foundations) would still be out in the park doing the normal things. Riding rides, getting meals, seeing shows. This would just eliminate the Morons from the mix to give the kids a very special "Character Meeting" time. Plus you figure not all the characters they want to see will be in attendance, so I would think they've be found in those other lines.
(I figured this idea would include the main Disney Characters: Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Pluto and Goofy).
Perhaps they could have a discount Character Dinner type coupon also which would allow the family to see other characters?
Just tossing out other ideas :D:

And let's be honest, the idiots will complain about anything in any park.
It could be a MAW family who they feel is "Taking to long" to an adult in line to have their picture taken with a character. You could have a fast pass and their going to complain, you could be ahead of them in line for lunch and they feel they should be in front of you because they have kids (True story).
Idiots will do as idiots always do and whine because they are far more entitled then everyone else. :rolleyes:

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

Mr. D.
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Mr. D. » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:22 pm

Goofyernmost wrote:I'm sorry but some of the responses in this thread have my head spinning.

Many of the kids in MAW will be DEAD in a short time. They will never get to go back again, they will never stand there with their love, holding hands and watching "Wishes". They will never get to go back again.

Yet, I hear the conversation from healthy adults about "limiting" the time with a character. I think that their time is limited enough and that even thinking that they should be told to move along...that snotty nosed kid that has been whining for the last half hour about how their feet hurt or they are bored, needs to spend some quality time with Mickey, is something that should happen, really...come on.

One of the charities that I regularly contribute too is MAW. I've seen what they do. I've seen the, all to infrequent, joy that that they give to a very sick child. I admire the restraint of some of those CM's cause I think if I ever heard some skank say anything like that I would personally drag them to the gate and throw their ignorant, classless ass out. If Disney wanted to fire me for that...well believe me I would leave smiling.

Sorry...I apparently feel pretty strongly about this.

There is a fine line here. Yes the children are on limited time in life. Yes this may be their one and only chance to visit the parks. But how many guest visiting the parks will this be their one and only time? Aside from that, like i said, the idea of giving the MAW kids a little extra time with characters, is a great idea. but those characters are only on in the hot sun a few mins at a time, Lines get long. If a family waited their turn in the long line for 20 mins, then they are next and a MAW child comes up and spends another 15-20 mins with the character, how is that fair to the other guest that waited patiently in line? So in that sense, yes there should be a time limit. it can be a longer limit then other guest, but a limit still.

That is why I suggested the idea of private meet & greets for MAW children. This can also HELP MAW families. Disney can gather a few different characters in one place so the MAW can see more characters in one place.

LucyintheSky
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by LucyintheSky » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:16 am

I have no problem at all with MAW families taking extra time (as much as they want) with characters or riding an attraction twice in a row, etc. Back in my CM days, I would do WHATEVER I could to make their experience as magical and stress-free as possible.

I rarely encountered parents of MAW kids who were pushy or demanding. And when I did, I always looked at it this way... Sure, some families might ever get only one trip to WDW in their lifetime, but the MAW parents are also dealing with the fact that they are going to lose their CHILD. So if they have an attitude, it's probably because they are desperate to have one perfect experience for their kid before it's too late. And I'm glad that Disney and MAW try to provide that for them. I don't begrudge them a silly thing like a few extra minutes with a character that might mean the world to the sick child.

That's just how I see it.

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:40 am

LucyintheSky wrote:I have no problem at all with MAW families taking extra time (as much as they want) with characters or riding an attraction twice in a row, etc. Back in my CM days, I would do WHATEVER I could to make their experience as magical and stress-free as possible.

I rarely encountered parents of MAW kids who were pushy or demanding. And when I did, I always looked at it this way... Sure, some families might ever get only one trip to WDW in their lifetime, but the MAW parents are also dealing with the fact that they are going to lose their CHILD. So if they have an attitude, it's probably because they are desperate to have one perfect experience for their kid before it's too late. And I'm glad that Disney and MAW try to provide that for them. I don't begrudge them a silly thing like a few extra minutes with a character that might mean the world to the sick child.

And that is exactly the way it should be seen, in my opinion.

:goofy: :goofy:

Mr. D.
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Mr. D. » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:53 am

LucyintheSky wrote:I have no problem at all with MAW families taking extra time (as much as they want) with characters or riding an attraction twice in a row, etc. Back in my CM days, I would do WHATEVER I could to make their experience as magical and stress-free as possible.

I don't agree they should get as much time as they want. Even if it was a private event/location just for MAW kids, there should be some limit to make it some what fair to others, including other MAW families.

I do like/agree with the idea of letting MAW families ride attractions as many times as they want. But I think they should have to disembark the vehicle and alternate. ie: MAW gets to ride. they go around and come back to load. The get off, let that car fill with guest. then MAW gets next vehicle. This gives MAW unlimited rides with just a very short wait between, and lets other guest keep the line moving.

Just how I feel.

This is a very touchy topic and everyone will have different opinions. As I said before, I am all for special kids getting special things. But at the same time other guest should not be ignored either. Again, this is why the idea of MAW private gatherings are a good idea.

LucyintheSky
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by LucyintheSky » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:11 pm

To clarify what I wrote, I didn't mean to imply a large chunk of time... maybe just a few extra minutes, some extra hugs or playing around with the character.
I used to work at Ariel's Grotto in Fantasyland, and usually when I'd take a MAW family in to see Ariel, they wouldn't take much longer than other families. *Maybe* a minute or two longer at most. Usually they get their photo/autograph/hugs... whatever... and are eager to move on to other things. I don't think that's out of line, or unfair to the other guests.

I think with the stress of touring the parks, crowds, heat, etc... some guests just forget that those families are dealing with SO much every day of their lives, and only focus on their anger at what they see as people cutting in line. And the true SG's are the ones that are loud and vocal and rude about it. I wish those people would just remember to show some compassion. But I know that's too much to hope for. :rolleyes:

Mr. D.
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Mr. D. » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:02 pm

Can handlers give guest extras? For example, a family in line to see Mickey, then MAW comes up toward the end and spend 2- 3mins with him, but then it time for Mickey to go back inside. Can the handler give the one family that waited like a fast pass or something?

Just think that would be a nice idea for those nice guest that don't get rude.

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:22 pm

I can remember one time where a MAW family bugged me, well, not really the family, but the father. I was a guest, and I saw the father smoking in a non smoking area near the bathroom I was going to, and right next to his child. Was it the child actually in MAW? I don't know, but it just didn't seem right.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:44 am

5th Dimension wrote:Was it the child actually in MAW? I don't know, but it just didn't seem right.
Remember, more parents (usually moms) say their child is a MAW Kid when they really are not. This is my huge pet peeve. How they get the child in MAW organization is beyond me but they do. Been through this scam. :mad:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:59 pm

Main Streeter wrote:Remember, more parents (usually moms) say their child is a MAW Kid when they really are not. This is my huge pet peeve. How they get the child in MAW organization is beyond me but they do. Been through this scam. :mad:
That's a pretty strong accusation...do you have proof of that and if so, did you report it to MAW? I, for one, would be interested in more details because, as I said before, the majority of my contributions go to MAW...if they are being scammed, I and other contributors need to know.

:goofy: :goofy: