Mickey Trailer Hitch covers

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: Mickey Trailer Hitch covers

Post by hobie16 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:25 pm

I've got a receiver hitch on my truck. I was walking back to it one day and watch a tourist parking in the slot behind me. He pulled forward far enough that he punched a hole in his grill.

I just laughed and drove off. Hertz was not going to be happy.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:28 am

hobie16 wrote:I've got a receiver hitch on my truck. I was walking back to it one day and watch a tourist parking in the slot behind me. He pulled forward far enough that he punched a hole in his grill.

I just laughed and drove off. Hertz was not going to be happy.
My dad had someone rear end him when he had his GMC Sierra. They had a smaller pickup and the trailer hitch left a nice hole in the front of his truck. Didn't do a think to my dad's truck.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:50 am

I've always used the Gorilla Guard locks. I figure if they are really THAT determined to saw threw it, they can have it. My dad always used them for the lawn trailers we when he had the business in Orlando and no one ever got anything from them, so I figured it's good enough for mine.

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:42 am

hobie16 wrote:I just laughed and drove off. Hertz was not going to be happy.
They don't care, long as that tourist pays for the damage.

Oh, and the insurance they pressure you to buy? Little clause basically says that if you ever do anything illegal in the car and they can prove it, their insurance doesn't cover you. So let's recap: Someone does something wrong and hits you, you don't need that insurance anyway (assuming a perfect world where everyone has insurance... so NOT Central Florida). If you have a moment and hit something else, the insurance doesn't cover you.

Brilliant! I wish I could legally pull off a scam like that...

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:01 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Brilliant! I wish I could legally pull off a scam like that...
You can! Buy a couple of Maui cruzahs, post an ad on Craigs List, you're in business.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.