Now That's an Interesting Take on the Parks!

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Now That's an Interesting Take on the Parks!

Post by CBeilby » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:16 pm

turkeyham wrote:I remember going to Epcot thinking my sister and I can stay sober. A few drinks later and I did not win.

I remember hearing about at Disneyland-The house of the future. The construction crew tried to take it down with a wrecking ball and it bounced off. Then I heard to remove the attraction, the workers had to take it apart piece by piece. :eek:
Heck, the foundation is still there, just on the edge of Pixie Hollow

For Randy, For Bonny, For Chris...

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:23 pm

The last time Disney spent BIG bucks in Epcot it blew up in there faces. Mission Space is one of the most awesome rides I have ever experienced but it was a little too close to dangerous to be the solid attraction it was supposed to be. A couple of people bought the farm after riding it and that pretty much killed it as an attraction for anyone other then the truly adventurous or those simply not caring whether they live or die.

It has been fatality free for a number of years now, but the stigma stayed with it to some degree. Adding the green side helped increase the ridership, but people are still pre-scared to ride it. I'm sure that whoever thought up that ride, spent many years doing menial tasks around the Disney offices. It's to bad because, like I said, it is awesome.

:goofy: :goofy:

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:26 pm

I amend that previous statement a little to say that Soarin was the last big buck attraction that was put in Epcot...but that had a proven track record in California.

:goofy: :goofy:

Rosie
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Rosie » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:57 pm

I love EPCOT, always have but......I don't necessarily like some of the changes it has under gone. I think the changes occurred because the expectations of the guests have change. Too many of the guests now expect thrill rides instead of shows. :(

Rosie

NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by NemoRanger » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:45 pm

delsdad wrote:No worries Darph! Epcot is still one big beer garden, with a smaller German beer garden at the far end ! I do believe that they have changed out the specific offerings at the Beir Garten however. :biggulp:
I really like the addition of the hard liquor now. That Tequila bar inside the Pyramid mixes some mean drinks and is ALWAYS jammed with people. China now has a couple offerings I like. Im just hoping they add another bar between China and France. Lets put a cocktail bar in the American Experience.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:40 pm

One of my friends just got back from WDW and he mentioned at the MK, the Enchanted Tiki room was closed because of a fire?

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:55 pm

turkeyham wrote:One of my friends just got back from WDW and he mentioned at the MK, the Enchanted Tiki room was closed because of a fire?
Maybe we've gotten lucky and the Tiki Gods have torched Iago. :twisted:

For Randy, For Bonny, For Chris...

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:10 am

CBeilby wrote:Maybe we've gotten lucky and the Tiki Gods have torched Iago. :twisted:
I have heard that was the case and the reason why the Tiki Room will be a modified version of the original when it reopens.

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:57 pm

DonutGoddess wrote:It's like the "ultra-modern" Contemporary resort. Now I have to say that with refurbishment it looks a bit more modern but it still feels old and antique. Good thing retro can be hip.

Jennifer
What they really need to do is bring back (or duplicate) the original Christmas decorations. Aluminum Christmas Trees and Wreaths and such. It was so nice and wonderfully tacky!

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:13 pm

NemoRanger wrote:I really like the addition of the hard liquor now. That Tequila bar inside the Pyramid mixes some mean drinks and is ALWAYS jammed with people. China now has a couple offerings I like. Im just hoping they add another bar between China and France. Lets put a cocktail bar in the American Experience.
Sounds like somebody's been walking past the wine bar in Italy without knowing it.

Zazu