Angry SG attacks WDW bus driver

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
shilohmm
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Angry SG attacks WDW bus driver

Post by shilohmm » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:24 am

CujoSR wrote:Gotta trust a news outlet that quotes the Youtube video and description for the bulk of their story.
True, but the other source is someone posting to an internet discussion board. :p: I agree that paid leave is likely SOP, though, so that part makes me more likely to question the board X post. The truth probably lies somewhere between the two; the driver's on paid leave but Disney will ultimately recognize his actions as reasonable.

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:46 am

I just love hearing about all these problems they're having lately. Really just takes the sting off what happened to me knowing that I consider this a good kick of karma.

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

Tinker Bell
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Tinker Bell » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:16 pm

shilohmm wrote:Orlando Sentinel article on it, which doesn't entirely agree with what was posted on board X:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/loc ... 5871.story

I wondered if that guy was security, although I didn't think Disney would officially say so.
Honestly, news channels are soo bad these days that I tend to disregard their 'reports'. Half the time they are not only wrong, but incredibly misleading and sensationalized. Orlando Sentinel in particular runs so much misleading crap I stopped buying it. I only buy the Sunday edition just to get the specials and the comics. Sadly, internet is more reliable these days than any crap they come up with.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:14 pm

Tinker Bell wrote: Half the time they are not only wrong, but incredibly misleading and sensationalized. Sadly, internet is more reliable these days than any crap they come up with.
WHAT?? Wrong,misleading and sensationalizing?? I find that hard to believe. :(
If you can't trust the media,who can you trust?? :confused:
I 'do' know the internet is much more reliable and factual though. I mean Apollo 11 found ruins on the moon that NASA is hiding/covering up,,,It's on Youtube,it must be true. :whistlng:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

shilohmm
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by shilohmm » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:22 pm

Tinker Bell wrote:Honestly, news channels are soo bad these days that I tend to disregard their 'reports'. Half the time they are not only wrong, but incredibly misleading and sensationalized.
Well, I dunno about sensationalized, but when I was about nine (which is to say, Many Moons Ago), I read a newspaper interview with my Grandpa. Grandpa had ridden his bike from Minnesota, his home, to Florida, where my uncle was then stationed, sending regular reports back to the home paper, which I also read (he was sideswiped twice! :eek: ). Grandpa was an intelligent, kinda cynical guy with a very dry sense of humor. The newspaper interviewer turned him into a cuddly eccentric old guys. :mad: It was really strange, because when the reporter actually quoted him, I could see Grandpa saying that - only not that way, if you see what I mean. The context was all skewed, very surreal experience.

So the misleading part, at least, goes back quite a ways. I kinda believe in the "read everything you can, and draw your own conclusions" school. Although ignoring them all works, too...

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:57 pm

Nobleman wrote:You sound like the type of person that gets choked often.
No just a person that is a professional bus driver and has run into all types of insane people acting out in many different way. Once a situation is done, it's done. It's history. Why dwell on it. Move on and start again. But what would I know...I just live it instead of reading about it.

:goofy: :goofy:

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:38 am

shilohmm wrote:Well, I dunno about sensationalized, but when I was about nine (which is to say, Many Moons Ago), I read a newspaper interview with my Grandpa. Grandpa had ridden his bike from Minnesota, his home, to Florida, where my uncle was then stationed, sending regular reports back to the home paper, which I also read (he was sideswiped twice! :eek: ). Grandpa was an intelligent, kinda cynical guy with a very dry sense of humor. The newspaper interviewer turned him into a cuddly eccentric old guys. :mad: It was really strange, because when the reporter actually quoted him, I could see Grandpa saying that - only not that way, if you see what I mean. The context was all skewed, very surreal experience.

So the misleading part, at least, goes back quite a ways. I kinda believe in the "read everything you can, and draw your own conclusions" school. Although ignoring them all works, too...
I lost my faith in the press at the same age, when I was in 4th grade. True story: I was taking part of a school-district wide math competition. The competitors sat on a large checkerboard and advanced or retreated based on their answers to math problems. It was an interesting concept, but very poorly executed -- the whole event was slow and boring...

Eventually I was so bored that I just laid down and curled up on my square, trying to nap through the interminable wait. A news reporter snapped my picture in that position.

It showed up in the newspaper the next morning with the caption "[At such-and-such math tournament, BRWombat] topples over in the excitement." :eek: :mad:

I tell you, this 9-year-old was steamed... and I've never completely trusted the media since.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:58 pm

When I was nine, my family and I went to Australia for 6 months. It was supposed to be permanent, but wasn't. Anyway, I don't remember this incident, but some old guy with a column in the paper came and interviewed us after we got home, and we have the clipping. He said we lived on "Tumble" Drive; the name was Rumble. He also said he believed we told him we lived in Perth; we actually lived for 4 months in Sydney, New South Wales, and 2 months in Brisbane, Queensland. Perth is the whole way across the continent, in Western Australia. I remember reading that article several times and wondering how that geezer could've made those mistakes. I mean, come on.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:34 pm

Too many Fosters?? :beer:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

pbb
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by pbb » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:02 pm

One of the other forums,not X forum, is a DVC related forum and one of the people there are asking whether it is better to rent a car for 10 people or just take taxis to the park to avoid such an incident. Talk about a knee jerk reaction.

I give the bus driver credit for keeping his composure. If there was an undercover security person there why in the world did he not identify himself and help that driver out. Also, why in the world did no one step in and help the driver. Sad Really.......