Excuse me sir, where are your clothes?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Excuse me sir, where are your clothes?

Post by CBeilby » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:15 pm

deathcomesarippin wrote:atm I am in Germany and have been for 5 months and all I can say is that I think all of Europe dosent have a problem with nudity...
They don't. In all honesty, the US, for a variety of reasons, is extremely uptight about the human body.

For Randy, For Bonny, For Chris...

deathcomesarippin
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by deathcomesarippin » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:13 am

CBeilby wrote:They don't. In all honesty, the US, for a variety of reasons, is extremely uptight about the human body.
yeah ill second that.

When I first got here there was so much nudity on T.V. and in pantings and the public restrooms are'nt so private either, Hell they dont even cover the adult magizines in super-markets. Anyways I've been to a theme park here (twice) and thankfully it was a little to cold for people to remove clothes. but let me tell you, the SG is a worldwide issue :D: .

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:04 pm

Well, who founed the U.S.? The Puritans!

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:44 pm

CBeilby wrote:They don't. In all honesty, the US, for a variety of reasons, is extremely uptight about the human body.
That's because of the variety of bodys. Luckily I have the body of a god. Unfortunately the god is Budda. :eek:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:17 pm

Syndrome wrote:Well, who founed the U.S.? The Puritans!
Well, technically, no. St. Augustine was settled in 1565. The Roanoak colony was founded in 1587, Jamestown (the oldest British colony which survived,) in 1607. Plymouth Colony wasn't founded until 1620, and the Massachusets Bay Colony wasn't chartered until nine years later.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:43 pm

CBeilby wrote:Well, technically, no. St. Augustine was settled in 1565. The Roanoak colony was founded in 1587, Jamestown (the oldest British colony which survived,) in 1607. Plymouth Colony wasn't founded until 1620, and the Massachusets Bay Colony wasn't chartered until nine years later.
Actually, Pensacola was founded first. It was founded in 1559, but abandoned in 1561 after being destroyed by a hurricane. It wasn't refounded until 1696. St. Augustine is the oldest continuously inhabited European settlement in the US but Pensacola is the oldest European settlement.

Sorry, I'm from that part of the state and am proud of the history of it. People are always saying St. Augustine is the oldest settlement when technically Pensacola is, there's just a break in it's history.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:08 am

Shorty82 wrote:Actually, Pensacola was founded first. It was founded in 1559, but abandoned in 1561 after being destroyed by a hurricane. It wasn't refounded until 1696. St. Augustine is the oldest continuously inhabited European settlement in the US but Pensacola is the oldest European settlement.
And I stand corrected. Thanks, Shorty.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:34 am

CBeilby wrote:And I stand corrected. Thanks, Shorty.
Like I said, a lot of people make that mistake. I grew up in that area so naturally know a bit more about it's history than most and I'm also proud of the area's history.

Pensacola is known as the City of Five Flags as five different governments have flown flags over the area in it's history: Spain, France, Great Britain, the Confederate States of America, and the United States. It is also the Cradle of Naval Aviation as it is the home of Naval Air Station Pensacola, a primary flight training base and has the Museum of Naval Aviation onboard (I love going to the museum). Fort Barrancas and the first lighthouse built by the US are also there. One cool thing of Fort Barrancas is that during the Civil War it was held by the Confederate Army while Fort Pickens (across Pensacola Bay on Santa Rosa Island) was held by the Union Army and the two forts exchanged cannon fire at one point in the war.

Sorry for the history lesson, like I said I love the history of that area.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:44 am

If most American's think like me (and they should), it's not that I am uptight about nudity, I'm just uptight about the people who choose to go naked.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:03 pm

ktulu wrote:If most American's think like me (and they should), it's not that I am uptight about nudity, I'm just uptight about the people who choose to go naked.
lol - well said.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter