Hope I Don't Get Classified As "One of Them"

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Hope I Don't Get Classified As "One of Them"

Post by Mayonnaise » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:04 pm

I avoid most "Thrill Rides." My fear of heights keeps me off pretty much anything with big drops, which means no coasters for me except Space Mountain since I can't SEE where the hell I am in that one, kiddie coasters (like the Woody Woodpecker Coaster at Universal) and "Wild Mouse" coasters (where the lateral gforces are more important than the drops).

The first and last time my family cajoled me onto Splash Mountain, I started having a panic attack after the second to last drop, and ruined the ride (and picture I'm sure) for everyone else in the log sobbing and screaming that I wanted to get off (don't worry, I did have the sense to remain seated.) Needless to say I'll never ride Tower of Terror... and am apprehensive about trying Soarin in December. I know you don't actually go up that high, but I could see my fear of heights kicking in at the illusion of flight. I AM considering trying Thunder Mountain tho which I never got to as a kid, since it's embedded in a "hillside" which would remove the sensation of leaving the ground.

On the other hand, I can ride a good old fashioned Scrambler, or a Himalaya back-to-back for hours... and I LOVE Test Track.

8^)

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:16 pm

Mayonnaise wrote:... and am apprehensive about trying Soarin in December. I know you don't actually go up that high, but I could see my fear of heights kicking in at the illusion of flight.
Just ask for Row 3 and make sure that you sit on an end. That way, you will be in the lowest row, and if you start to freak at that you are seeing on the screen you can look backwards around your seat and see that you're really only maybe 15 feet up or whatever it is.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

Elena (aka: Bubble Lady)
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Elena (aka: Bubble Lady) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:27 pm

Mayonnaise wrote:I avoid most "Thrill Rides." My fear of heights keeps me off pretty much anything with big drops, which means no coasters for me except Space Mountain since I can't SEE where the hell I am in that one, kiddie coasters (like the Woody Woodpecker Coaster at Universal) and "Wild Mouse" coasters (where the lateral gforces are more important than the drops).

The first and last time my family cajoled me onto Splash Mountain, I started having a panic attack after the second to last drop, and ruined the ride (and picture I'm sure) for everyone else in the log sobbing and screaming that I wanted to get off (don't worry, I did have the sense to remain seated.) Needless to say I'll never ride Tower of Terror... and am apprehensive about trying Soarin in December. I know you don't actually go up that high, but I could see my fear of heights kicking in at the illusion of flight. I AM considering trying Thunder Mountain tho which I never got to as a kid, since it's embedded in a "hillside" which would remove the sensation of leaving the ground.

On the other hand, I can ride a good old fashioned Scrambler, or a Himalaya back-to-back for hours... and I LOVE Test Track.

8^)
[font="Palatino Linotype"]i would stay far FAR away from ToT were i you (i've been on it and screamed and cried the whole time...my niece thought i was going to have another heart attack), and i've been on splash mt. too (definitely not my fav ride...i just don't like that drop in the dark and i hate that HUGE one)...but thunder mt. is not like that at all...no big hills and no big drops...you'll be safe...soarin' over california is a very VERY cool ride...i hate heights too, but manage great on it (it's really the only reason we go over to dca)...if nothing else you can close your eyes...it doesn't last long (not nearly long enough for me anyway ;) )[/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype]YOU AIN'T NEVER HAD A FRIEND LIKE ME! [/font] :genie2::bubble::iguana:

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:53 pm

Elena (aka: Bubble Lady) wrote:[font="Palatino Linotype"]...soarin' over california is a very VERY cool ride...i hate heights too, but manage great on it (it's really the only reason we go over to dca)... )[/font]
What, you don't like the Aladdin Show? :eek:
When is it coming back, CMs?

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:48 pm

I read it is coming back Dec. 11, 2008 :)

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:27 pm

Yep, I don't do thrill rides either. I cannot take them, physically and my head would spin. Soarin' is about the thrillingest I do. I do want to try to do the kiddy coaster to see how my body handles it and if that works, I may try Thunder Mountain.
Oh Yeah, almost forgot! We do Grizzly River Run as well, I love the water rides! :D: I imagine I could do Kali, it is near about the same as GGR. I could not do it last trip, cause I had surgery coming up for my back and my back would have gone completely out if I had ridden Kali with the bumps and drops. I missed it! :(

But I am geared up for it next Spring! I could do GGR at DCA over and over, 20 times! It is so much fun! Once I got used to the slight spinning of the innertube and the bouncing rapids, I was gung ho to go again. LOVE the water rides. Burt I fear I could not do too many slides at the water parks. Again, I have to be careful of the back. Doc gave me clearance to ride GRR this next trip! YAY doc! Maybe the water aprk slides would not be too much then! It is the landing I worry about, jamming my back hitting it on my butt and lower back!

We have never done single rider lines...never thought about it...Ralphie and I like to go together and watch eachother's enjoyment! Maybe we could get 30 Soarin' rides in at DCA if we did single rider line. But we always wait and ask for the front row. Thye don't mind and we love the top row, no feet hanging down. It is so much better on the top!

I did not know there were single rider lines at DLR. Never looked for them cause we always go together on everything. Hmmmmmmmmmm...not a bad idea to get more rides in! Though I really have never seen or heard the CMs ask for single riders to fill in the rows on Soarin' when we have been in line, they usually ask for a couple or a group of 3 or 4 or none at all.

We wait for the top row anyway. We just stand off to the side and wait til the next round if we don't make the front row. The CMs always let us and never seem to mind. We ask very nicely and don't pitch a fit if we can't, but we never have been turned down a wait for the front row yet!

The Soarin' CMs ROCK at DCA for that. I only say that because we go there more often. The WDW Soarin' CMs have always gotten us on front row too the couple times we have been to WDW, so they are great too!

Oh, cannot wait til next week, we will be in California. Then on the 13th we go to DLR! Fambly first! Then Disney magic! And hopefully meeting al the folks who will be there then! :D:

sues

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:55 pm

turkeyham wrote:I read it is coming back Dec. 11, 2008 :)
Thanks Turkeyham, I was afraid that it was gone for good. :eek:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D: