Knott's Berry Tales of Stupid Guest and Employees

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:00 pm

Jaguar makes me feel unsafe, it goes so slow around some of those turn that there is no centrifical force to hold you in place (this was year ago since last i was on it) i didn't like being on it, but it was the only one that didn't scare the living daylights out of me at the time.... i had a dream that the steam train ride go turned into a rocket-rods type coaster following the same essential route, i really neeed to go see that park agian, but after the haunt is over.

Gimme some soft serve!

SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by SRT_GB » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:34 am

I agree, going to Knott's is like being in an alternate dimension.

We were in line for Boomerang during Halloween Haunt last night and this ride operator was being completely obnoxious on the microphone. He was constantly interrupting the automated safety spiel, making stupid sound effects on the microphone, telling people on the train as it was coming back into the station "welcome to McDonald's, may I take your order?" My girlfriend kept pointing out all the unsafe stuff at Boomerang alone, like an access gate left wide open for anyone to walk through into the track area, not being able to hear things like "all clear" or "open gates" between the stupid sound effects, the guy at unload flirting with girls at the exit gate and not being readily identifiable as a ride operator.

As much as both of us hate doing it, we ended up putting in a guest complaint for the obnoxious guy on the microphone. There's nothing wrong with trying to have fun doing your job, but that was just plain ridiculous. We got to talk to Rides 1 and of course since both of us were talking to him in amusement/theme park lingo, he asked us, "do you guys work for Disneyland?"

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:34 am

well as far as being on the mic too much goes, that only thing that's wrong there is interrupting the auto safety speil, the gate should have been shut, and the operator should have been more identifiable. i think it might ruin my life to go there now that i'm a CM, then agian, from what i hear, they're not paid as well, and aren't treated as well either.

Gimme some soft serve!

abc
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by abc » Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:20 am

Yeah haunt's employees are ridiculous. Often times they simply wear black pants and a black shirt and forget their name tags. These aren't the security/safety employees in the maze, but rather the normal employees working the rides, cleaning, serving food, etc.

Pay at knotts is a joke. Minimum wage. Sure does make me appreciate my $8.24 or $8.99 i make at disney without having to dodge leads and managers who look to give out documents (3 points, but for ANY sort of infraction, even multiple ones for one infraction) like candy! Hell shift leaders at knotts only make $8.50. Disney also washes my clothing for me, gives me paid vacation, allows me opportunity to become part time, and throws parties for cms. Knotts only gave out shitty food for dirt cheap at the cafeterias and maybe a pot luck once in a blue moon. The managers also thing the general manager of the park, Jack, is god, and the general manager's son, who works at the waterpark and during haunt, gets SOOO much special treatment its not even funny. I have seen menu items, boats, and even a game booth run by managers (cause there are no cameras) be named after jack.

Also, you can only pick up your paycheck on the day it is released to you at certain times. Like every other hour for the first 30 minutes. If you can't make it, you need to wait for saturday. For my first 6 months working there they lied and said no direct deposit, then I heard there was!

I loved how the hanging included the annual passholder! "I come twice on sundays!!!" NOW THAT IS SOO F***ING TRUE!

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:47 am

abc wrote:Pay at knotts is a joke. Minimum wage. Sure does make me appreciate my $8.24 or $8.99 i make at disney without having to dodge leads and managers who look to give out documents (3 points, but for ANY sort of infraction, even multiple ones for one infraction) like candy! Hell shift leaders at knotts only make $8.50. Disney also washes my clothing for me, gives me paid vacation, allows me opportunity to become part time, and throws parties for cms. Knotts only gave out shitty food for dirt cheap at the cafeterias and maybe a pot luck once in a blue moon. The managers also thing the general manager of the park, Jack, is god, and the general manager's son, who works at the waterpark and during haunt, gets SOOO much special treatment its not even funny. I have seen menu items, boats, and even a game booth run by managers (cause there are no cameras) be named after jack.

Also, you can only pick up your paycheck on the day it is released to you at certain times. Like every other hour for the first 30 minutes. If you can't make it, you need to wait for saturday. For my first 6 months working there they lied and said no direct deposit, then I heard there was!

I loved how the hanging included the annual passholder! "I come twice on sundays!!!" NOW THAT IS SOO F***ING TRUE!
AMEN that I work for Disney now!! It was fun working at Knotts!! Hell, even some old people I worked with at Knotts now works at Disney!!! LOL

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

abc
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by abc » Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:08 am

Yeah there are SOOO many.

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:13 am

Here's one from my year and a half at the Unberable Farm...

I was working Bigfoot Rapids (I was in Rides there) at Unload. The attraction was moderately crowded at 21 boat operation (it was a warmish day) when all of the sudden the Grouper drops position, comes over, and warns me that there was a guest who was wearing a trash bag (the ride SOP at the time stated that trash bags were not allowed.) She had told him to take the bag off, and he had, but then put it back on immediately after the raft had left He had also been belligerent to the entire loading crew (herself and both loaders) regarding this. Well, I keep an eye on it, and arrange for her to come over and ID the guest about six minutes later, while his raft is on the lift. When he exits the raft, I politely explain to him that the ride rules and procedures strictly prohibit wearing of trash bags and give the official excuse (supposedly it was because trash bags would foul the pumps, but the real reason was so that the Bigfoot Carts would sell more ponchos.) This guest proceded to become belligerient to me as well, saying that he paid his money, and that he could do what he wanted. My response.. "Very well sir. Then I will have to ask you to please do so on a different ride."

"Are you throwing me off?" he asks, almost snarling.

"Yes sir, I am." I reply.

Sometimes, we do get a little measure of revenge.

Adnor78
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Knott's Berry Tales of Stupid Guest and Employees

Post by Adnor78 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:41 pm

Freak wrote:Mmm more fine quality guests at Knott's today. Some kid wants to get out of the Wave Swinger. Well, the exit is right next to him, but noooo that's too easy! Kid ended up climbing over a fencing, falling over onto a bench and walking off like nothing happened. :rolleyes: Exit? Anyone?
If one more guest asks me "why do I have to wear my sweater" I might scream.

tskbf2005
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by tskbf2005 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:45 am

SnoopyBeagle wrote: "Shift Leads are more concerned with making the paperwork "cute" than actually doing their job."

not all shiftleads

eagle4life69
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by eagle4life69 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:38 pm

Well I worked at KBF when I was about 16 (now 24). I miss those days so much fun (I was a teen). I heard they moved the Church and the old berry stand is gone WTF you mean the staple of KBF is gone?
All facts are 8 years old

Fact: The Old Berry stand is haunted

Fact: On the nights the have the park open just for Gays and Lesbians the male employee's stay together while the women are fine by themselves.

Story:

One day at the end of the nigh the park was closing an guest came up to me and asked "where is the exit" I pointed to the front (we where standing by the dino ride) they said "thanks" I did the normal have a great night and drive safe. I turned to continue my rounds and I looked back to see the guest leave to my suprise the guest headed towards Big Foot Rapids. 15 minutes later the same guest came up to me saying it wasn't their. They proceeded to ask me well its night could it be somewhere else. I let them know that we do not move the exit when night comes, it is always in the same exact spot.

I assume they made it.

why do guests ask the stupid questions?

I'll try to think of some more stories.

Oh yeah I miss the Soap Box Durby. Now that was a ride you had control of, what a racer