funniest thing you have seen on rides..

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: funniest thing you have seen on rides..

Post by mechurchlady » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:00 am

I know a teen ager at another site who can make you one like that.

Glad you know who THE Figment is. I am not the fat lady who beat the bandits with a purse or the other fat lady who tried to put money in the bandit's pockets. cough cough, :eek:

Yeti Chaser
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Yeti Chaser » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:35 am

Kwahati wrote:*Borrows soapbox from whoever had it last*
That's not just 'a cute dragon!' He's Figment! The wonderful, loveable creation who serves as both teacher and guide in the Imagination pavillion at Epcot! He's not just a trademarked little pink and purple cartoon character, but educater of millions of SG's through the years!
*Returns soapbox to it's previous location*
So yeah, I guess I agree: cute dragon churchy! :p:

"Two tiny wings, eyes big and yellow, horns of a steer, but a lovable fellow. From head to toe, he's royal purple pigment. AND THERE, WALLA, YOU HAVE A FIGMENT!" (From Dreamfinder) BTW: worked at Journey for almost 3 years. :D:

[font=Comic Sans MS]NAMASTE[/font]

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:59 pm

I pity any poor soul coming to WDW for the first time who thinks that unholy travesty in the Imagination pavillion bears any relationship whatsoever to the truly inspiring/imaginative ride that used to be there. (Yes, I have just a bit of unresolved anger!!). Oh well, Figment is still my favorite character, and thank God for video so I can still see the real ride.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

Driver_dylan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Driver_dylan » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:26 pm

Syndrome wrote:I pity any poor soul coming to WDW for the first time who thinks that unholy travesty in the Imagination pavillion bears any relationship whatsoever to the truly inspiring/imaginative ride that used to be there. (Yes, I have just a bit of unresolved anger!!). Oh well, Figment is still my favorite character, and thank God for video so I can still see the real ride.
Amen Syndrome! Amen! :D:

VISA. It's everywhere you want to be, and a lot of places you don't.

Purpura
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Purpura » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:44 pm

Yeti Chaser wrote:"Two tiny wings, eyes big and yellow, horns of a steer, but a lovable fellow. From head to toe, he's royal purple pigment. AND THERE, WALLA, YOU HAVE A FIGMENT!" (From Dreamfinder) BTW: worked at Journey for almost 3 years. :D:
Imaaaagination! Imaaagination! A dream can be a dream come true, All it takes is a spark, from me and you!"

I loved that ride. Haven't been back since late 1990s to DisneyWorld. Somewhere in my parents house I have three Figments. One's the first nonplush Figment, and the two others, Large and small, are the plush (fuzzy)Figments. The smallest of the three, was a prize for the Seniors at my high school who came back the next school day after going on the senior class trip. My senior class trip was in 1987.

Partial Guest List for Minnie and Friends Character Breakfast Disneyland Plaza Inn :minnie: :eeyore: :hook: :pooh: :tigger: :fairymom:

I am at Rancho Del Zocalo. OLE~!

Go Wombat and VM!

Notatourist will never be forgotten...

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:24 pm

Purpura wrote:Imaaaagination! Imaaagination! A dream can be a dream come true, All it takes is a spark, from me and you!"

I loved that ride. Haven't been back since late 1990s to DisneyWorld. Somewhere in my parents house I have three Figments. One's the first nonplush Figment, and the two others, Large and small, are the plush (fuzzy)Figments. The smallest of the three, was a prize for the Seniors at my high school who came back the next school day after going on the senior class trip. My senior class trip was in 1987.
Ah, I still remember that song -- if memory serves, it's another shining example of the Sherman Brothers' ability to craft a melody that sticks to your brain like tar. I mean that in a good way. :)

My first ever visit to WDW was a day trip to Epcot in '86 (on a choir tour, so no more time than that), and I definitely remember Journey into Imagination. In fact, I still have a pic of Dreamfinder and Figment from the show in a photo album somewhere.

Bring back the original!!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:42 pm

Sorry for the consecutive posts, but I just had to drop this in here, even if we're OT now. Right after posting the above, I stumbled into this spot-on bit of satire from PassPorter co-author Dave Marx on the PassPorter.com website. I'd copy it here, but he's requested getting his permission beforehand, and I didn't want to wait for that:

CLICK HERE for the article -- it's about 3/4 of the way down the page, and looks like a press release. Trust me, it's worth it!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Yeti Chaser
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Yeti Chaser » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:21 pm

Purpura wrote:Imaaaagination! Imaaagination! A dream can be a dream come true, All it takes is a spark, from me and you!"

Okay, I'll see your three Figments and raise you one original plush Figment from 1986 where Figment is wearing his trademark yellow sweater. :banana:

Also have the original ride on video. AAAAAAAAnd I am a member of Friends of Figment. :D:

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:50 pm

I top your figments with Figment pen, plushies and over 20 pins probably and lanyard.

Yeti Chaser
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Yeti Chaser » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:11 pm

Okay, Okay............. Let's call it a draw. I also have pens, hats, teeshirts, pins, lanyard and a snow globe :D: