Parenting at its finest

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
PirateCSI
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Parenting at its finest

Post by PirateCSI » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:56 am

techie-13 wrote:As I was typing this, another coworker told me about something he saw yesterday. Two kids running from about 6ft back and slamming themselves into the cement wall of the exhibit hall. Two moms stood nearby talking and watching them while they did this. :roll:
If I had seen that, I think I would have stepped in and said, "I'm sorry, but platform nine-and-three-quarters is that way."

Sarah Magdalene
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Sarah Magdalene » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:51 pm

piratecsi wrote:if i had seen that, i think i would have stepped in and said, "i'm sorry, but platform nine-and-three-quarters is that way."
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

[font=Comic Sans MS]"I don’t think I’ve ever made that big a fool of myself, which is really saying something, because I’ve performed at theme parks."[/font]
- Blaine Anderson, GLEE

LittleDollClaudia
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:23 pm

Hey, if you know the way to Hogwarts, you had better speak up!

:D:

^^ Hey, that's me! ^^

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:36 pm

LittleDollClaudia wrote:Hey, if you know the way to Hogwarts, you had better speak up!

:D:
Go to a magical place called Suess land and head west.

Kurt

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:50 am

Can't you just use that floo stuff??

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:54 am

The Floo Network (which uses chimneys) does not normally connect to Hogwarts. Special permission was given in book 6 due to atacks on the students, as a safety precaution. You also cannot apparate or disapparate on Hogwarts grounds, and if Muggles approach they see a mouldy old ruin with a signage along the lines of "Danger, no trespassing". The best way to get there is via the Hogwarts Express. You can also apparate into Hogsmeade and walk, fly on a thestral (Dumbledore used them for longer trips), a broomstick, or a flying car, etc. Clearly, I have no life.

Petite and Proud!

DevilDuckie
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by DevilDuckie » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:05 am

EeyoresButterfly wrote:The Floo Network (which uses chimneys) does not normally connect to Hogwarts. Special permission was given in book 6 due to atacks on the students, as a safety precaution. You also cannot apparate or disapparate on Hogwarts grounds, and if Muggles approach they see a mouldy old ruin with a signage along the lines of "Danger, no trespassing". The best way to get there is via the Hogwarts Express. You can also apparate into Hogsmeade and walk, fly on a thestral (Dumbledore used them for longer trips), a broomstick, or a flying car, etc. Clearly, I have no life.

Furthermore, one must get special consent from the Ministry of Magic to connect a Muggle residence to the Floo Network.

It is worth noting that house elves can apparate to and from (and within) Hogwarts as their magic is different and not subject to the restrictions.

I have always wondered whether a mixed household (like the Grangers) can be connected to the network. Perhaps only if the magical member is of age or the homeowner.

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:52 am

PirateCSI wrote:If I had seen that, I think I would have stepped in and said, "I'm sorry, but platform nine-and-three-quarters is that way."
HA!!
EeyoresButterfly wrote:The Floo Network (which uses chimneys) does not normally connect to Hogwarts. Special permission was given in book 6 due to atacks on the students, as a safety precaution. You also cannot apparate or disapparate on Hogwarts grounds, and if Muggles approach they see a mouldy old ruin with a signage along the lines of "Danger, no trespassing". The best way to get there is via the Hogwarts Express. You can also apparate into Hogsmeade and walk, fly on a thestral (Dumbledore used them for longer trips), a broomstick, or a flying car, etc. Clearly, I have no life.
Aww, yes you do. You are a fan (just like me). :D:

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

Notatourist
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Notatourist » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:39 am

kurtisnelson wrote:Go to a magical place called Suess land and head west.
Suess Landing, honey and it's slowly coming up....yay!

I'm not a tourist cause I work there...

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:47 am

DevilDuckie wrote:Furthermore, one must get special consent from the Ministry of Magic to connect a Muggle residence to the Floo Network.

It is worth noting that house elves can apparate to and from (and within) Hogwarts as their magic is different and not subject to the restrictions.

I have always wondered whether a mixed household (like the Grangers) can be connected to the network. Perhaps only if the magical member is of age or the homeowner.
Of course, all these "rules" will go away in the next book:

"Harry potter meets the women who needs another castle!"

hehehehe

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?