Need Help - Was I a SG?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
I am Sam
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Need Help - Was I a SG?

Post by I am Sam » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:49 pm

You are not a SG. I get at least three "why do they get to skip the line?" or "it's not fair they get to skip the line" a day when I visit Disney. I am a quadrapelgic (yes I can move my arms but not my fingers which means 4 of my limbs are impaired) and I use my own electric wheelchair to get around. It has nothing to do with the "fact" you don't "look" disabled its because they are SGs. When I show my GAC to the CM at the ride I tell them what I need what I need.... Such as I cant walk at all and therefore need to transfer into the ride where the car is level with my wheelchair seat on Test Track or need the wheelchair car on nemo.

At nemo my 3 year old nephew & I had to be pulled out of line to wait in what my family calls the holding pin to wait for the wheelchair car. So we didn't block the reg. Line. Well some idiot yells thats not fair that we got to skip the line. Well my nephew turned on his heel, stared at this full grown man, and says "we have to wait over there because we have to wait for the wheelchair car. Since I am too little to pick Aunt Sam up like Daddy. I have to wait longer than anyone else and I am 3. What's your problem?" . The whole line cheered.

My best friend handles the comments by walking behind me and giving the Eurapean middle finger (peace sign but flashing the back side of it) behind her back. She says it makes her feel better because she knows what she really means.

My sister tells people that using the GAC is the only perk to living with a disability or a sibling who is disabled (my health was so bad when they were little that my 2 sisters both took thier first steps in hospitals). It is a perk for your kids. Unfortanly the way people rent a wheelchairs at the park and the kids play musical chairs with (there is always a different kid in it everytime u see them in line) and dragging 97 year old Great Grandma on the fast pass for Tower of Terror and her "chickening out" last minute has destroyed the perk of going to the "front of the line" when a kid or parent has disabilities.

captainkidd
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Need Help - Was I a SG?

Post by captainkidd » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:49 am

I have the exact same condition. It's bizarre. If I stand in one place too long, upon movement, my lower back goes out. I literally can not walk it hurts so bad. Because of this, I always get a GAC myself. I know that I need it, as if I was to stand in line, I couldn't go to WDW. And I have to believe Disney would much rather give me a GAC and get my money than not. Nevertheless, I always feel guilty about it for some reason.

skc
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Update - Thanks everyone

Post by skc » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:52 pm

We just returned from another 8 days at WDW and it was so great we are now AP holders. Thanks to all the CM's I may or may not have seen on our trip, everyone was so welcoming! I know your job isn't always easy but thanks for giving us a great vacation!