First post + confessions of a possible SG!

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
DevilDuckie
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: First post + confessions of a possible SG!

Post by DevilDuckie » Sun May 29, 2011 8:18 pm

Was there a giant sign saying, "CAST MEMBER EXIT- DO NOT BLOCK" right there? If so, I will stipulate that you were moderately goofy. If not- you need to keep reading. SG is not a title you "earned" with this one. :)

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Tue May 31, 2011 2:33 pm

I would say, to qualify as a full-on SG, one might use these rules of thumb:

1. Was there some obvious way of knowing what you were doing was wrong? This would include a easy-to-read sign, or even just something that is deemed "common sense". This doesn't necessarily mean one is an SG, if taken alone, but is typically included in the steps toward being an SG.

2. When you found out you were doing something wrong, did you try to correct your mistake? If not, you are starting to edge into SG territory, though not terribly so yet.

3. Did you make a fuss when instructed to do what should have been done in the first place? If someone raises a ruckus over having to do what everyone else seem to have no problem with, it is almost certain they are an SG.

4. Did you make threats (physical, emotional, legal, or otherwise) toward the CM who instructed you to follow the rules? Very rarely will this be done by anyone who is not an SG.

5. Did you use any of the following phrases:

"You ruined our vacation!"
"I/We're never coming back!"
"This is the worst trip we've ever had!"
"How dare you treat me like this!"
"Do you know who I am?"

Again, these phrases are typically only used by SGs.

Any suggestions for additions or modifications?

Anyway, I would say you avoided being an SG simply by correcting your error in a polite way.

knitster
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by knitster » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:45 am

I'm learning that I just don't have the nerve to be an SG - even if I wanted to be! It takes balls of steel to do and say some of the things I've read on this site. People never cease to amaze me.

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:37 pm

knitster wrote:I'm learning that I just don't have the nerve to be an SG - even if I wanted to be! It takes balls of steel to do and say some of the things I've read on this site. People never cease to amaze me.
Well, sometimes it isn't so much having a great deal of intestinal fortitute, but a lack of intelligence or the inability to accept reality. :cat1:

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:36 pm

knitster wrote:I'm learning that I just don't have the nerve to be an SG - even if I wanted to be! It takes balls of steel to do and say some of the things I've read on this site. People never cease to amaze me.
When you get to the point where you can call shutting down a transportation system due to someone's death inconvenient, that's when you take the cake.

And by cake, I mean a cake of C4, connected to a cell phone. And at that point it's me handing it to you and running. Then making a quick call once I and everyone else be out of range...

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?