Angry SG attacks WDW bus driver

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Nobleman
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Angry SG attacks WDW bus driver

Post by Nobleman » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:36 pm

shilohmm wrote:I hope this is true. I was so impressed by how well the driver handled himself! :) Not that he needs my commendation, but I hope the Powers That Be recognized his quality as well. ;)
Considering the ops poster from another forum claims driver returned to work that night, hell yes he should get some points. I think he should have at least gotten the rest of the night off, paid. I know CM's deal with crap day in and day out, but I hope management is good enough to do right by them when they're assaulted.

I know some people want to go back to work, but that was a stressful situation. If I were the manager / supervisor, I would have at least convinced them to take a couple of hours for break and seen if they could have comp'd him a nice meal at one of the nicer restaurants or something. Small gestures go a long way. A paid day of pampering might be nice; give them the VIP treatment, dinner, spa, etc...

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:03 pm

Nobleman wrote:Considering the ops poster from another forum claims driver returned to work that night, hell yes he should get some points. I think he should have at least gotten the rest of the night off, paid. I know CM's deal with crap day in and day out, but I hope management is good enough to do right by them when they're assaulted.

I know some people want to go back to work, but that was a stressful situation. If I were the manager / supervisor, I would have at least convinced them to take a couple of hours for break and seen if they could have comp'd him a nice meal at one of the nicer restaurants or something. Small gestures go a long way. A paid day of pampering might be nice; give them the VIP treatment, dinner, spa, etc...
Oh, heavens...bus drivers are subjected to all kinds of stressful things, not the least of which is traffic. Some are super sensitive and need down time to recover. Others just take it in stride and continue on. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. At a later date it makes a great story to tell the newbie drivers...you get a lot of mileage out of that.

:goofy: :goofy:

shilohmm
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by shilohmm » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:30 pm

Orlando Sentinel article on it, which doesn't entirely agree with what was posted on board X:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/loc ... 5871.story

I wondered if that guy was security, although I didn't think Disney would officially say so.

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:57 pm

shilohmm wrote:Orlando Sentinel article on it, which doesn't entirely agree with what was posted on board X:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/loc ... 5871.story

I wondered if that guy was security, although I didn't think Disney would officially say so.
Gotta trust a news outlet that quotes the Youtube video and description for the bulk of their story.

Can somebody hand this guy a card?

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

Nobleman
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Nobleman » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:08 pm

Goofyernmost wrote:Oh, heavens...bus drivers are subjected to all kinds of stressful things, not the least of which is traffic. Some are super sensitive and need down time to recover. Others just take it in stride and continue on. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. At a later date it makes a great story to tell the newbie drivers...you get a lot of mileage out of that.
You sound like the type of person that gets choked often.

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:09 pm

Hello GrumpyFan, I am the resident dragon and would like to offer you a very warm* welcome to that slice of the internet we call SGT. This website contains threads with quick twists and turns and I would like to advise you to not try to hard to keep up with them. Please keep your hands, arms, and legs safely inside the website at all times and enjoy your stay.

*this instance of warm is actually hot**... very hot

**this instance of hot means that you are now literally on fire, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:35 pm

Nobleman wrote:You sound like the type of person that gets choked often.
It's OK to enjoy it. :whip:

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:47 pm

Too bad the title didn't read:

Angry WDW Bus Attacks SG

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:06 am

I don't know if I would be upset about paid leave. That is fairly common any time there is an incident that requires and investigation. It doesn't mean that the person will end fired or reprimanded. I only watched the first part of the video, but it did look like the driver pushed back (in self defense), so I imagine the company has to review the video and show that they took it seriously in the likely event the guest tries to sue or press charges.

Petite and Proud!

Nobleman
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Nobleman » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:23 am

CujoSR wrote:It's OK to enjoy it. :whip: