Sitting on handrails and chains...

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Karnever
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Location: JungleCuise,Tiki,Big Thunder Mountain,Indy,Splash, Mansion,Twain,Columbia,Pooh

Post by Karnever » Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:11 pm

Thatguy wrote:YES!!.... one time jungle went 101 because a lady got her knee caught in the slats of the wall of the queue.
That was always fun to see peoples knees stuck in the Queue railing and the sheer panic in there face as they cant get there leg out...

My favorite at Jungle was the guy in upper 1 that dropped his glasses over the railing he decided to lean over and grab them by stepping on a part of the queue railing which then under his weight snapped. he lost his balance fell over the railing hit the tarp below bounced off of it and landed in the water at no mans.. meanwhile his family is upstairs looking down laughing at him..he said he was ok and refused to see the nurse his family waited in the whole line laughed at him as they got on the boat and enjoyed a trip through the jungle while he was left standing soaking wet with jungle water at the unload dock.. he was lucky that the boat in no mans just moved up to load or he would of been in a lot of pain... that was good times

kutisusie
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by kutisusie » Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:08 pm

My favorite: Somehow, kids knees always grow after they get into the queue at Dumbo. I can't tell you the number of times I rescued stuck Toddlers.

Hang on to your Hat, 'cause I'm not going to get it when it blows off your head.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:08 am

kutisusie wrote:My favorite: Somehow, kids knees always grow after they get into the queue at Dumbo. I can't tell you the number of times I rescued stuck Toddlers.
Fences at the WDW Railroad stations at Frontierland and Toontown are also great knee traps. We used to have a steel stantion at Frontierland to bust apart the wooden pales, but they took it away from us. Won't even let us keep suntan lotion to help lube the legs.

Current Official Policy is to call for a paramedic/rescue squad each time it happens. The hope is that once the expense for paramedic runs gets high enough, upper management will finally authorize new fencing.

Image Could be worse, at least we don't have to kill anybody to make a change.

Zazu

Teddykeiko86
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Sitting on handrails and chains...

Post by Teddykeiko86 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:59 pm

One time some kid got his head suck in the iron fence at Backdraft ( outside int e queue). Even better, he was stuck on the stationary part of the fence, but there was a rolling gate to allow trucks and stuff in after closing. Well, if anyone was to roll the gate, little Caleb would be decapitated (or something). So yeah, we called the on lot FD.

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:57 pm

A year or two ago, I was standing in line for Haunted Mansion right outside the front porch, and some kids (pre-teens, I think) were sitting on the chains up ahead of me, I didn't pay much attention but before I knew it I heard a snap sound and the next thing I knew, they were on the ground. the CM nearby said something like "That's why you don't sit on them" and I remember clapping and saying something to the kids like "Nice". I don't think they heard me, but some people ahead of me laughed.

Pinkisweet
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Pinkisweet » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:56 pm

^ That's what they get. They know not to sit on those things, they won't hold up weight well. If I were a guest, I would have laughed too.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:06 pm

When I worked at Knott's, on the Calico R.R., I swear they got worse and worse about the chain across the queue that was used when we had a concert on the stage in Ghost Town. They would climb over it, unhook it thinking that was the way to get in, or sit on it. This despite the fact that there was a sign on it saying it was not an entrance--but you know how it is with guests and signs.
At first, only occaisonally someone would mistake the chain for the entrance and attempt to climb over it. Then we had people in queue sitting on it, then people trying to enter the queue--despite a sign over the depot door saying "Enter", a big green portable sign that said "Enter", positioned so it in effect pointed to the door, and the ride rules sign right by the door, which also marks it as being the entrance. But people would actually get dumber and dumber, and they kept sitting on the chain. One day, it ripped right out of the side of the depot wall, and we had to call maintenence to fix it.
I swear, if people get any dumber, we'll have to water them twice a week.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:04 pm

felinefan wrote:I swear, if people get any dumber, we'll have to water them twice a week.
Hey, now! Don't insult plants, most plants are smarter than the average SG!

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:21 pm

If you thought handrails and chains are bad, I was walking to the exit of Splash Mountain and I saw a father letting his 2 younger kids climb up the rocks to a area that was over 10 feet off the ground. If the kids were to fall, SG dad would be at full blame. :mad:

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:24 pm

Shorty82 wrote:Hey, now! Don't insult plants, most plants are smarter than the average SG!
Hmmm...
That's probably true.