Today's Thought

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
Just Me
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Today's Thought

Post by Just Me » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:15 pm

turkeyham wrote:If Disney parks sold Dr. Pepper, what would the price be for a bottle?
My guess? $10.24

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:10 pm

turkeyham wrote:If Disney parks sold Dr. Pepper, what would the price be for a bottle?
About tree-fifty.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:23 am

My friend has a roach coach and sells the Dr. Pepper for $1.50. So, I would be guessing $3.50 for bottle in the park.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:56 am

Here's one for Wombat. Wombat, could you please draw up and PM me some language to add to the end of this post so I can show it's NOT talking about you? I think that when you see what I am about to write, you'll do it at no charge.

How do you keep a lawyer* from drowning?

[spoiler]Shoot him before he hits the water[/spoiler]

*footnote coming soon

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Kwahati
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Kwahati » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:36 am

I've also heard "lift your foot off of his head." :D:
(My dad works at a law school, so I've heard several "lawyer jokes" from him and his colleagues...)

Yo, it's one universal law but two sides to every story
Three strikes and you be in for life, manditory
Four MC's murdered in the last four years
I ain't tryin to be the fifth one, the millenium is here.
- Mos Def Mathematics

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:41 am

Big Wallaby wrote: [spoiler]Shoot him before he hits the water[/spoiler]
Can someone change the CSS for the site so that I can actually read those on Firefox on OS X? I currently have to copy/paste it somewhere else to read.

Kurt

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:08 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Here's one for Wombat. Wombat, could you please draw up and PM me some language to add to the end of this post so I can show it's NOT talking about you? I think that when you see what I am about to write, you'll do it at no charge.

How do you keep a lawyer* from drowning?

[spoiler]Shoot him before he hits the water[/spoiler]

*footnote coming soon
Ah, that's an oldie but a goodie. I'm afraid I collect lawyer jokes, so any footnote I contribute would just be more of 'em. Such as:

Q: What do you call a thousand lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?
A:[spoiler]A good start.[/spoiler]

Q: What do you have if you have a roomful of lawyers buried up to their necks in sand?
A:[spoiler]Not enough sand.[/spoiler]

A bus full of lawyers overturns out in the country, and when the sheriff arrives he finds a farmer just finishing burying the bodies with a bulldozer.

"Weren't there any survivors?" the Sheriff asks.

The farmer replies, [spoiler]"Oh, some of them said they were still alive. But you know how lawyers lie..."[/spoiler] :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by ktulu » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:46 am

kurtisnelson wrote:Can someone change the CSS for the site so that I can actually read those on Firefox on OS X? I currently have to copy/paste it somewhere else to read.
Preach on brotha!

Kwahati
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Kwahati » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:36 am

kurtisnelson wrote:Can someone change Mac OS's so that I can actually use whatever hardware and software I want? I currently have to read the fine print before I download or buy anything to have any hope it will work.
Fixed. :D:

Note to Mac People: Flame On!

Yo, it's one universal law but two sides to every story
Three strikes and you be in for life, manditory
Four MC's murdered in the last four years
I ain't tryin to be the fifth one, the millenium is here.
- Mos Def Mathematics

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by ktulu » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:47 am

Clueless Troll wrote: Can someone change Mac OS's so that I can actually use whatever hardware and software I want? I currently have to read the fine print before I download or buy anything to have any hope it will work.
Your argument is flawed. I am using the hardware I want. I prefer the aesthetics offered by Apple vs. the various pc outfits. I also use the software I want. The platform is not at fault here.

I am hearing that the latest M$ patch is causing issues for some folks out there ;)